Sullivan South Rebels 2010

compusatman

Compusat Man:

Let's assume for a moment that your posts about various coaches' states of mind are accurate (a false premise), would any of these coaches want you posting their inner thoughts?

If there a chance the answer is no, then why keep posting these thoughts (your opinions)?

Please allow me to make this suggestion. If these coaches want their inner thoughts publicized to the world, they can come on Coach T and do it themselves. Are you serving some hidden purpose here that is helping the coaches and high school football? Personally, I see no constructive purpose to these "inside" posts. If there is a reason, please enlighten me and others who may be personally involved in these revelations. Fair enough?

Personally, I still think South needs an Offensive Coordinator / Play caller. Jordan is a motivator and position coach. I do think he'll get the offensive nod anyway, so we'll all see. If he did have input with Carter before, more of the same.

I agree that we will see Pudding. But as far as Hunter calling plays for Stacy, Carter did allow him to call plays at times but Hunter knew he had to call what Stacy wanted. He did not have freedom. I can tell you he disagreed with many calls in crucial games. However he knew he must tow the line. Stacy was a master of bringing the QB/WR relationship together by August. It was always pins and needles in spring ball and even entering summer practice. BUT, he always pulled it together and very strategically I might add by Jamboree time. It was what mattered to Stacy. Carter's claim to fame. Carter relied on his RB's to come to him with skills. Not much effort was spent on RB's. For 2009 there was untold devistation. With tragedy of Knox West, the loss of the Saint, the loss of the Deuce, and the loss of Watterson Stacy pulled a rabbit out of the hat to finish the season as he did. Every team has to endure the same with Sensabaugh being case in point. It's part of the game. But, without those happenings South would have been a conference and a state contender. I think you will see the same South but as well a different South for 2010. And part of that will be Jordan calling plays. Sam will most definately have a hand as well but Hunter won't have to look over his shoulder. My only concern is if Hunter can produce the same quality of passing game as Stacy. Hunter is a very good QB coach and a good RB coach as well so I have faith. But Stacy was a master at it.

Looks like common sense, conjecture, analysis and opinion to me. You go CompuMan. But he does have a crystal ball. See the C-Man below:

crystal_ball.jp

For those in the know....come spring and summer will Camp Haynie be as strict as Camp Carter? Carter's teams always seemed well conditioned. Also the opinions of how well the Rebels will be next year have varied form mediocre to very competitive. What were the records of the freshmen and Col. Hgts as well as Sullivan middle schools this year? Hopefully the guys will work hard during the off season and continue to get better.

For those in the know....come spring and summer will Camp Haynie be as strict as Camp Carter? Carter's teams always seemed well conditioned. Also the opinions of how well the Rebels will be next year have varied form mediocre to very competitive. What were the records of the freshmen and Col. Hgts as well as Sullivan middle schools this year? Hopefully the guys will work hard during the off season and continue to get better.

I believe the middle schools and the freshman teams have had problems with the city schools the last couple of years. The upperclassmen have had some success against these schools. I'm sorry I don't have the exact records. There are quiet a few lifting and running every day now, but the numbers could be down a few, taking into account those in baseball and basketball.

It has been said that there are NO players penciled in and I encourage all interested students to get to the weight room and the track. If you have speed or strength or brains or even just size, you just might be the man.

Well I guess you want be happy because I was told last night that Hunter will have alot of input this year...and I think that is a wise choice..because I think Hunter is a outstanding Coach.And most of the kids love playing for him and they should because he's a GREAT COACH!!! :thumb:

Keep telling yourself that, yep. Keep telling yourself that. I "WANT" be happy? Gimme a break. :thumb:

You are either a little snotty nose dumb #### kid or you must be a Hunter Jordan hater.Because if you don't think Hunter Jordan can coach football...you don't have any knowledge of the game my friend..you know I have'nt seen you around this site hardly at all..Just thinking you might be that dumba$$ Bonnie Blue that would post dumb stuff and everyone would crucify her...so go back in your little hideout..because Hunter Jordan is one of our Coaches...LIKE IT OR NOT... :lol::wacko:

Guess I struck a little sore area there huh? Comp I appreciate your maturity in your answer to me. I was not aware of all the personal drama as WaCo accuratley mentioned since I'm not from your area. Nope, not a snotty nosed kid, just an old coach who laughed at your getting riled up so easy. Jordan seems like a smart a** to me with a big mouth and no, a lot of the kids don't like him. That's what my soureces tell me from work. Big E got the scoop don't you know. I, too, hope the Rebels do well; they seem like a class act to me. I have heard Haynie is a good man and one of my old collegues knows him well. He too will have discipline and run a good show. Wooten may have a ways to go but the kid has heart. Jordon hater? Nah wouldn't waste my time. I may not post a lot but still waters run deep. I been there, done that and got a drawer full of tee shirts. Oh and Jordan can stand on the sideline, wear his headset, look important, scratch his hindend, spit, and learn from Haynie and Jerry if he don't go.

• 2 months later...
Just curious if anyone has any news from the first few days of

Spring practice? Any surprises???

I heard they didn't practice Monday because of the field conditions. Coach Weston is not back. Maybe that is not a surprise...I want to see who emerges as the back-up QB, who fills in the O-line with Solt and Hyder and who our two new coaches will be . Any ideas or thoughts on these anyone?

Just curious if anyone has any news from the first few days of

Spring practice? Any surprises???

I heard they didn't practice Monday because of the field conditions. Coach Weston is not back. Maybe that is not a surprise...I want to see who emerges as the back-up QB, who fills in the O-line with Solt and Hyder and who our two new coaches will be . Any ideas or thoughts on these anyone?

Weston not back...Dad sick?

T Nelson not playing...too bad.

Jordan calling plays?....too bad.

Rogers and Weaver waiting on Heath.

Rowe is there...fire em up Rowe!