Sullivan South Rebels 2010

compusatman

Anything is correctable with the right approach. I was not there and my report is no execution. O or D. Reported score 3 zip on the ones. Report is Heath had no time. And no tackling. But, my player report is that the conditioning is multiple times harder than Carter. Go figure. We obviously need time. Yes, first scrimmage.

Ya know there is such a thing as over training? More isn't always better. I've heard the new coach is running the boys into the ground. I don't know, just what I have been told by South insiders.

Still we must be patient and show our support. Our parents are the crutial link here. This group can be made or broken at the supper table. This time is critical.

I'd say the biggest influence on whether or not the players listen, respect, and learn from the coaches after Carter's left is what the kids hear from their parents (mostly their dads). Even though not everybody agrees on what direction's taken, its still usually works if the team is headed in ONE direction, and together. Boys listen to their dads alot more than you think they do. I think the boys feel like right now that they're better for having conditioned so much

Edited by MenOfBlue09

Anything is correctable with the right approach. I was not there and my report is no execution. O or D. Reported score 3 zip on the ones. Report is Heath had no time. And no tackling. But, my player report is that the conditioning is multiple times harder than Carter. Go figure. We obviously need time. Yes, first scrimmage.

well, your reporter is wrong. If I am accurate, the score on the 1's was 4-2. Tackling was bad, we fumbled once in route to a score, and another time, I believe. Heath looked good, pass blocking was pretty good, given the exposure they have had to game-like circumstances. No run game, but QB did not run ball, except when flushed from the pass pocket. Got to have some hogs blocking for the run and got to have backs hitting the hole quickly, instead of searching. Tackling was bad, period; that will improve as they realize that they are not hitting someone from the practice squad---I hope. Some of the D problems, overall, was tackling, but most was fact that players were not making their reads and were in bad positions to make the tackle. HOT<HOT>HOT. People on here talking that coach has tried to overcondition them. Hogwash, should have got off the coach this summer and got to work. "When the going gets tough, the tough gets goin"---that doesn't refer to goin home. IT means goin and getting it in gear. C.Carter is gone; get on board the Haynie train. No place for doubters or desenters. He's the man--support him.

I'd say the biggest influence on whether or not the players listen, respect, and learn from the coaches after Carter's left is what the kids hear from their parents (mostly their dads). Even though not everybody agrees on what direction's taken, its still usually works if the team is headed in ONE direction, and together. Boys listen to their dads alot more than you think they do. I think the boys feel like right now that they're better for having conditioned so much

i Agree, Blue.

well, your reporter is wrong. If I am accurate, the score on the 1's was 4-2. Tackling was bad, we fumbled once in route to a score, and another time, I believe. Heath looked good, pass blocking was pretty good, given the exposure they have had to game-like circumstances. No run game, but QB did not run ball, except when flushed from the pass pocket. Got to have some hogs blocking for the run and got to have backs hitting the hole quickly, instead of searching. Tackling was bad, period; that will improve as they realize that they are not hitting someone from the practice squad---I hope. Some of the D problems, overall, was tackling, but most was fact that players were not making their reads and were in bad positions to make the tackle. HOT<HOT>HOT. People on here talking that coach has tried to overcondition them. Hogwash, should have got off the coach this summer and got to work. "When the going gets tough, the tough gets goin"---that doesn't refer to goin home. IT means goin and getting it in gear. C.Carter is gone; get on board the Haynie train. No place for doubters or desenters. He's the man--support him.

Amen Core! You must've actually been at the scrimmage to acquire your data. I agree tackling was bad. I agree that we obviously aren't over conditioning. We actually had players puking after 2 plays and I didn't see the same level of fatique in Powell. I generally felt we were inconsistent. I saw great individual efforts and then turn right around and saw major individual breakdowns. Fortunately, the "Haynie Express" broke down some video and have already started making adjustments. This is a younger/less experienced squad then we've had recently, but I'm excited about their potential. Looking forward to Friday's scrimmage!!

Go Rebels!!!

Amen Core! You must've actually been at the scrimmage to acquire your data. I agree tackling was bad. I agree that we obviously aren't over conditioning. We actually had players puking after 2 plays and I didn't see the same level of fatique in Powell. I generally felt we were inconsistent. I saw great individual efforts and then turn right around and saw major individual breakdowns. Fortunately, the "Haynie Express" broke down some video and have already started making adjustments. This is a younger/less experienced squad then we've had recently, but I'm excited about their potential. Looking forward to Friday's scrimmage!!

Go Rebels!!!

A 2 hour tour on county school buses with no A/C on a 95 degree day probably didn't do much for the boys "conditioning". That may have had something to do with the puking.

Good post. :thumb: