Sullivan South Rebels 2010

compusatman

BlackJack, maybe you know maybe you don't. But there was a lot of animosity between HJ and SC. They were brother-in-laws at one time. And if I'm not mistaken Stacy was coached by Hunters father Greg at South. So Stacy couldn't just run away from that. Greg wanted to be on Stacy's staff at South and that was not going to happen even though Greg coached the Frosh one year I just don't remember when...I think it was 2004. At any rate, that time frame made Hunter look bad. It didn't help when he bailed out and went to Danny Boone as OC for one season. Stacy never spoke positively about Hunter and the friction was evident. When Stacy told him to come back it was his attempt to settle the dust. Many speak of Hunter as a ship jumper but the 2004-2009 Rebels knew first hand how good a coach he was at CHMS. Without the past family thing to throw a stick in the spokes things will be different. Sam Haynie knows that Hunter has skills. And left alone with the responsibility of being the OC he will perform just fine. Football is more time consuming than any other sport for the coaches and it's tough being a parent and a husband while spending 12 hours a day at the field. And yes, Hunters wife would rather he pursue a different career...especially if he is not going to be an intergal part of the mackine. But it is in his blood and he will give these boys his best. I have personal experience with him and it was nothing but positive. So I am an advocate. I do sympathise with your view for I know others who feel similarly. I just hope that by August we are all on the same page.

Daniel Boone :D

Wooten sent the signals in, but let's be real about who made the calls (good or bad)...Stacy. I personally like HJ and have had more contact with him over the years. Does that mean I feel he would be a good OC....not really. I think he's a strong motivator and disciplinarian...some of the things that made Stacy successful, but as for play calling...I'm not sold. I also don't think Wooten will be the next offensive guru...not experienced nor proven at any level (player, coach, parent, etc).

I think that if the staff stays together and works together, we'll be fine.

Wooten sent the signals in, but let's be real about who made the calls (good or bad)...Stacy. I personally like HJ and have had more contact with him over the years. Does that mean I feel he would be a good OC....not really. I think he's a strong motivator and disciplinarian...some of the things that made Stacy successful, but as for play calling...I'm not sold. I also don't think Wooten will be the next offensive guru...not experienced nor proven at any level (player, coach, parent, etc).

I think that if the staff stays together and works together, we'll be fine.

I don't know too much about any of the people left at South, but as far as play calling goes it really all comes down to getting experience and then going from there. Let's face it, middle school is not the place for 8 different sets and 20 different plays. It usually comes down to which team has the athletes, what plays work, and sticking with them.

I dunno if HJ or whoever else coached freshmen, but it really comes down to JV and helping with Varsity games on play calling. Gotta go with someone, or you might see Haynie micromanage, we will know as the season comes closer I assume.

Well I guess you want be happy because I was told last night that Hunter will have alot of input this year...and I think that is a wise choice..because I think Hunter is a outstanding Coach.And most of the kids love playing for him and they should because he's a GREAT COACH!!! ;)

Keep telling yourself that, yep. Keep telling yourself that. I "WANT" be happy? Gimme a break. :huh:

You are either a little snotty nose dumb #### kid or you must be a Hunter Jordan hater.Because if you don't think Hunter Jordan can coach football...you don't have any knowledge of the game my friend..you know I have'nt seen you around this site hardly at all..Just thinking you might be that dumba$$ Bonnie Blue that would post dumb stuff and everyone would crucify her...so go back in your little hideout..because Hunter Jordan is one of our Coaches...LIKE IT OR NOT... :o;)

I'm not sure who had what degree of input in game planning, personnel decisions and play calling last year, but I hope it was all Carter and South can start fresh. Of all years, they need to get it right. The talent may not be there to offset bad decisions by the coaches.

No offense, but Wooten is not ready. It's not because of limited experience as a player and certainly not because he's not a parent, but because his coaching experience consists of mainly a couple of years with the freshman team. Best I can tell, they have had no real offense. I appreciate his efforts and someday he may even make a fine head coach.

Personally, I still think South needs an Offensive Coordinator / Play caller. Jordan is a motivator and position coach. I do think he'll get the offensive nod anyway, so we'll all see. If he did have input with Carter before, more of the same.

I agree that we will see Pudding. But as far as Hunter calling plays for Stacy, Carter did allow him to call plays at times but Hunter knew he had to call what Stacy wanted. He did not have freedom. I can tell you he disagreed with many calls in crucial games. However he knew he must tow the line. Stacy was a master of bringing the QB/WR relationship together by August. It was always pins and needles in spring ball and even entering summer practice. BUT, he always pulled it together and very strategically I might add by Jamboree time. It was what mattered to Stacy. Carter's claim to fame. Carter relied on his RB's to come to him with skills. Not much effort was spent on RB's. For 2009 there was untold devistation. With tragedy of Knox West, the loss of the Saint, the loss of the Deuce, and the loss of Watterson Stacy pulled a rabbit out of the hat to finish the season as he did. Every team has to endure the same with Sensabaugh being case in point. It's part of the game. But, without those happenings South would have been a conference and a state contender. I think you will see the same South but as well a different South for 2010. And part of that will be Jordan calling plays. Sam will most definately have a hand as well but Hunter won't have to look over his shoulder. My only concern is if Hunter can produce the same quality of passing game as Stacy. Hunter is a very good QB coach and a good RB coach as well so I have faith. But Stacy was a master at it.

Compusat Man:

Let's assume for a moment that your posts about various coaches' states of mind are accurate (a false premise), would any of these coaches want you posting their inner thoughts?

If there a chance the answer is no, then why keep posting these thoughts (your opinions)?

Please allow me to make this suggestion. If these coaches want their inner thoughts publicized to the world, they can come on Coach T and do it themselves. Are you serving some hidden purpose here that is helping the coaches and high school football? Personally, I see no constructive purpose to these "inside" posts. If there is a reason, please enlighten me and others who may be personally involved in these revelations. Fair enough?

Personally, I still think South needs an Offensive Coordinator / Play caller. Jordan is a motivator and position coach. I do think he'll get the offensive nod anyway, so we'll all see. If he did have input with Carter before, more of the same.

I agree that we will see Pudding. But as far as Hunter calling plays for Stacy, Carter did allow him to call plays at times but Hunter knew he had to call what Stacy wanted. He did not have freedom. I can tell you he disagreed with many calls in crucial games. However he knew he must tow the line. Stacy was a master of bringing the QB/WR relationship together by August. It was always pins and needles in spring ball and even entering summer practice. BUT, he always pulled it together and very strategically I might add by Jamboree time. It was what mattered to Stacy. Carter's claim to fame. Carter relied on his RB's to come to him with skills. Not much effort was spent on RB's. For 2009 there was untold devistation. With tragedy of Knox West, the loss of the Saint, the loss of the Deuce, and the loss of Watterson Stacy pulled a rabbit out of the hat to finish the season as he did. Every team has to endure the same with Sensabaugh being case in point. It's part of the game. But, without those happenings South would have been a conference and a state contender. I think you will see the same South but as well a different South for 2010. And part of that will be Jordan calling plays. Sam will most definately have a hand as well but Hunter won't have to look over his shoulder. My only concern is if Hunter can produce the same quality of passing game as Stacy. Hunter is a very good QB coach and a good RB coach as well so I have faith. But Stacy was a master at it.