Sullivan South Rebels 2010

compusatman

Thanks for your reply. The sweet little lady from Nashville has the educators up here all shook up. I know what you say is true, but South is being bought out 1 boardmember and 1 educator at a time by the City of Kingsport. But, you will not find but a handful of parents or students who like the idea of being railroaded or don't cringe at the idea of going to city schools. They make the rules now. I'm guessing there will be no more flags on South grounds this year.

They will do it if you let them. good luck. And just who is this sweet little lady from nashville?

Edited by GREYRIDER

hilts can you elaborate? Not necessarily names but positions, starting positions??...could be a very long season if this is true. I hate to hear that!

Well, some should be starters. I guess they felt ignored. Things have changed. Sad. They will be missed this year and especially next.

State Dept. of Ed/Office of Civil Rights, I believe.

It was very clear she was not there to discuss the issue.

Do not believe that it is up to her ultimately. I would love to debate her. I believe her name is Leslie D. Farmer ESQUIRE. Woohoo!

Edited by GREYRIDER

Well, some should be starters. I guess they felt ignored. Things have changed. Sad. They will be missed this year and especially next.

I had heard several months ago from someone close to North,that they may get one of your good players,but I don't know if that's one of the young men you are talking about.We have lost some fine players to North,and I can only wish them well if they don't want to be an Indian and give all they have to our team.

I really don't things have changed. There have always been kids who think they should play when they don't. Any kid who is considering transferring from a program like South needs to be reminded by the coaches and especially their parents that there are a lot of really good players ahead of them who have sat and waited their turn. There are at least 3 examples from last year's team (Bobby Taylor, Ethan Long and Jay Conkin) who stuck it out after not starting when they were juniors. I know there are many many more who fall into the same boat over the years -that is part of the deal when you play for a good program. All three had great senior years for South and all three are playing college football (I think). I bet they are glad they stayed - imagine what they would have missed. I personally admire the guys who stick it out as I think they learn a lot about life.

I really don't things have changed. There have always been kids who think they should play when they don't. Any kid who is considering transferring from a program like South needs to be reminded by the coaches and especially their parents that there are a lot of really good players ahead of them who have sat and waited their turn. There are at least 3 examples from last year's team (Bobby Taylor, Ethan Long and Jay Conkin) who stuck it out after not starting when they were juniors. I know there are many many more who fall into the same boat over the years -that is part of the deal when you play for a good program. All three had great senior years for South and all three are playing college football (I think). I bet they are glad they stayed - imagine what they would have missed. I personally admire the guys who stick it out as I think they learn a lot about life.

Why did Bobby Taylor transfer to South?

It is one thing to get PT and it is quite another to be ignored and even belittled. It is not underclassmen I am referring to above, but Juniors and Seniors and I believe a high price will be paid this and next year because of it. Things have changed. One assistant in particular seems to be the problem, which ultimately comes back to the head coach, as nice a guy as he may be. You will see.

any word on upcoming scrimmages @ home for south??? I'd like to get out there and form my own opinion, at this point i dont know what to think about this years rebel team. Our schedule is going to be incredibly tough. Any new info on the city taking south? Any info is appreciated!

Scrimmages as posted are at Powell and Elizabethton. Betsy could be moved since we played over there in the spring. Our coaches may want to stay off our field with the jamboree and West scheduled in the following two weeks.

I have no new info on the city tax siege.

any word on upcoming scrimmages @ home for south??? I'd like to get out there and form my own opinion, at this point i dont know what to think about this years rebel team. Our schedule is going to be incredibly tough. Any new info on the city taking south? Any info is appreciated!

One family 3/4 of a mile down Kendricks request annexation. The city is annexing Kendricks Rd. only, no properties, to get to this home. They will grab up the hundreds of homes they bypassed soon. That's how they roll. Colonial Hts. is soon to be no more. How's Phillip's Heights grab ya.

One family 3/4 of a mile down Kendricks request annexation. The city is annexing Kendricks Rd. only, no properties, to get to this home. They will grab up the hundreds of homes they bypassed soon. That's how they roll. Colonial Hts. is soon to be no more. How's Phillip's Heights grab ya.

Sounds more like Rebel Railroad to me.