Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Don't get it twisted jac, rebel here thru n thru whether 9-0 or 0-9. I just think it'll be an interesting matchup, I also look forward to tenn v Boone, hill v db

There is no question Daniel Boone will be hard to beat. This should be their best team ever. Are you looking forward to any south games this year?

There is no question Daniel Boone will be hard to beat. This should be their best team ever. Are you looking forward to any south games this year?

lol... truthfully, i am wacojacked about this season. I don't know how its going to turn out but should be interesting none the less. Knox West, Greeneville, Gate City, Boone, Tn High, DB, and Carter Hill on south's schedule. All have interesting story lines to me. I would like to catch the DB v farragut game as well. South has a tough non conference schedule.\. Sevier Co, Farragut and Clinton is a tough non-conf slate as wel. Any idea if Oak Ridge will be back on the schedule anytime soon? i would also like to see a non-conf clash with maryville for the indians as well. At this point im just ready for any game, im tired of watching college flash classics.

Can't wait to see DB run this new offense they have. Can't wait to see their new RB. Can't wait to see if Brians son is as tough as DAD. Should be a special year for DB. Also, can't wait to see if Stacy can pull a rabbit out of the hat or if the Island is just a black sheep. Would like to see South have one great year before the dismantleing.

This is way late but I haven't posted in a while. Regarding spring scrimmages, I struck up a conversation with what turned out to be one of Central's players in June and he was telling me that they had a couple spring scrimmages. One was against Hampton. Central scored on Hampton's 1st team, Hampton scored on Central's 2nd team defense. The other was against one of the Greene county teams. Don't remember if it was West, North, South or who. I think he said that Central came out on top of that 3 scores to 0. Maybe someone with 1st hand knowledge can elaborate... Looking forward to kickoff !

This is way late but I haven't posted in a while. Regarding spring scrimmages, I struck up a conversation with what turned out to be one of Central's players in June and he was telling me that they had a couple spring scrimmages. One was against Hampton. Central scored on Hampton's 1st team, Hampton scored on Central's 2nd team defense. The other was against one of the Greene county teams. Don't remember if it was West, North, South or who. I think he said that Central came out on top of that 3 scores to 0. Maybe someone with 1st hand knowledge can elaborate... Looking forward to kickoff !

Somebody told me it was South Greene and they were just not that good.They may have not had all their players for the spring scrimmage however

I'm going to go out on a limb here and ruffle some of the preseason Boone predictions on here by stating ->>> There is no way that Boone will be as good as last year. Most don't realize how much was lost on Boone's Defense when the Boone Middle Linebacker graduated along with his Defensive End and Running Back/Outside Linebacker teammates. NO player on their team will fill their shoes, period. Boone will be 6-4 at best this year. I will revisit this post for all to see at season end especially if they hit 5-5.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and ruffle some of the preseason Boone predictions on here by stating ->>> There is no way that Boone will be as good as last year. Most don't realize how much was lost on Boone's Defense when the Boone Middle Linebacker graduated along with his Defensive End and Running Back/Outside Linebacker teammates. NO player on their team will fill their shoes, period. Boone will be 6-4 at best this year. I will revisit this post for all to see at season end especially if they hit 5-5.

I think they will be a good team and make the playoffs again this year.After TH and South,it's allways going to be a toss up for the 5A teams in our conference.Boone has the horses right now and a lot will depend on what TH,South,DB and SH bring to the table.It would not be a down year or less of a team to have a 6-4 record with this bunch of schools on Boone's schedule