Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Formerblazer, do know if Boone scrimmaged or will scrimmage East this year?

Scrimmaged them in the spring and it was a stomping by Boone, but it is hard to read that because the new coach had only been there a few weeks. It will take a while to get East reloaded.

I saw the Elizabethton scrimmage went 1 to Boone's favor, but that is ok. Scrimmages are always low key and kept out of talk on here and about, just the way things are with the program. Pretty much, the most you will find out about Boone is in the papers week to week and what happens at a game.

Well pretty interesting with the JC Press here lately. I have to say, Carter probably enjoys having a paper that gives them attention without being outshined by another team close to you. Another article up today and 2 or 3 out last week. It's almost like Johnson City was always a football town. Well, gotta hand it to JC putting in the money and apparently the buy in. I don't remember the Scott Smith train doing this well, or even remotely this well.

Now someone go to ETSU and remind them that they need a football team again.

Well pretty interesting with the JC Press here lately. I have to say, Carter probably enjoys having a paper that gives them attention without being outshined by another team close to you. Another article up today and 2 or 3 out last week. It's almost like Johnson City was always a football town. Well, gotta hand it to JC putting in the money and apparently the buy in. I don't remember the Scott Smith train doing this well, or even remotely this well.

Now someone go to ETSU and remind them that they need a football team again.

Johnson City Press has always made all (mostly boys) Science Hill athletics #1 priority. Well, the girls never get equal coverage in all facets. And unfortunately Boone is #2 and poor Crockett is a very distant #3. I don't think it is right, but that is just the way it is.

Edited by The Hill

Johnson City Press has always made all (mostly boys) Science Hill athletics #1 priority. Well, the girls never get equal coverage in all facets. And unfortunately Boone is #2 and poor Crockett is a very distant #3. I don't think it is right, but that is just the way it is.

I wish our paper would make anything a Dobyns-Bennett priority.The front sports page should be full of DB pictures on saturday{win or not}

Are you refering to the Gate City Gazette ?

I can't hardly remember what it was called but if it was a more hometown{DOBYNS-BENNETT} paper,I would be picking it up out of my driveway again.There is nothing wrong with having great coverage for South and North as well,but there should be storys every single day about something that thousands of folks and the biggest band in the state follow every year while taking with them the hometown name of Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett.Maybe I'm asking to much.

I can't hardly remember what it was called but if it was a more hometown{DOBYNS-BENNETT} paper,I would be picking it up out of my driveway again.There is nothing wrong with having great coverage for South and North as well,but there should be storys every single day about something that thousands of folks and the biggest band in the state follow every year while taking with them the hometown name of Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett.Maybe I'm asking to much.

You certainly are not asking for too much. The coverage given to DB by the Times-News is terrible at best. Problem is, they want to appeal to county readers to increase circulation so sometimes DB isn't given the page space it deserves as major area program. Feel lucky though that the Times doesn't employ anyone that openly antagonizes their major local team, coughJCPresscough.