Karns offseason

thekid52

Here the real issue, HC got fired for alot of reasons, the paper work one was just the best one to keep from having issues that can come back, lets see you have a coaching staff that promotes acting like a thug a staff that uses th F bomb as if it is part of the coaching greed, lie about every thing that comes from there mouth, allow kids that not only replies to a coach in that manner but even touches the coach in a hostile manner to come back and play after repeatly having those type issues, ya you are right great guy lost his chance to dvelop young men's minds and hold his coaching staff accountable for all these actions,I agree parents need to have a big hand in their kids lives but, you want to blame them for a guy that as shown repeatly he has NO business guiding kids, then start your campaign to get him another job coching and take your kids there.

Baller,

So if the new principal is such a tough cookie, why has she only punished 1 of the people involved in the bowling alley bus trip problems - the gang bullying on the bus, the gang threatening/intimidation in the parking lot, the car denting?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baller,

So if the new principal is such a tough cookie, why has she only punished 1 of the people involved in the bowling alley bus trip problems - the gang bullying on the bus, the gang threatening/intimidation in the parking lot, the car denting?

From what as been said, the actions of the HC not making the field trip official caused the school to have very little recourse for the players actions, it there for made the trip a non school function, that is the big issue in all of this, we had a major issue with Karns kids with a official rep from KHS over seeing the trip but, without the proper paper work it makes the trip be nothing more then a meeting of students that resulted in a fight that caused property damage. The only person that could be held accountable was, you know the major player in this whole thing was the same kid that approached a coach with an aggressive atitude and was kicked of the team and allowed back, maybe if he was not allowed back there would have been no fight. Topraymore, why don't you and all the rest all 3 of you that support the HC do as you preach get behind the team and support them because they need it now more then ever.

RE: KARNS FOOTBALL COACH RELEASE

Wth the newly appointed leadership; Principal Sands and Athletic Director Cantrill , is it any surprise they are 'cleaning house'. It is needed across the board and they must make a statement with their first year to keep up standards. I suspect all coaches and teachers at Karns should step it up. I approve. It's a good thing. Even though Reeves may have had good intentions, the District has specific and strict rules regarding field trips and fighting. When it is allowed - it breaks the rules and people loose jobs. The kids also need to understand this as well; just because you like a teacher or coach doesn't mean they are right. Karns had some very unsettling issues with injuries and a student's death perhaps due to carelessness of the administration.

I will always support the coaching staff but not the parents who wish they were coaches. This is the main reason why this program will never succeed, parents get the wrong info and spread it to everyone else. There was never an altercation (FIGHT) in the parking lot after the bowling outing. There where 2 kids who are best friends, who ride home everyday with each other (even that day) who were horse playing in the parking lot and accidently bumped into another players car. Reeves called the father of the player who hit the car and told him he would have to pay for the damages. It is the same as hitting a ball in your back yard and hitting your neighbors window. It was an accident. NOT INTENTIONAL nor was it a FIGHT... It is just a matter of time before Witt is the next target for the Karns faithful. It is too bad for a nice guy with a great family.

From what as been said, the actions of the HC not making the field trip official caused the school to have very little recourse for the players actions, it there for made the trip a non school function, that is the big issue in all of this, we had a major issue with Karns kids with a official rep from KHS over seeing the trip but, without the proper paper work it makes the trip be nothing more then a meeting of students that resulted in a fight that caused property damage. The only person that could be held accountable was, you know the major player in this whole thing was the same kid that approached a coach with an aggressive atitude and was kicked of the team and allowed back, maybe if he was not allowed back there would have been no fight. Topraymore, why don't you and all the rest all 3 of you that support the HC do as you preach get behind the team and support them because they need it now more then ever.

Very funny Baller. I've been supporting the team all along. Nice to see you're finally getting on board. But history has shown that you, your son, and your friends are pretty fickle when it comes to support. What if Coach Witt benches Ogg for poor tackling? What if Gentry does another oops on a last second play and gets some choice words? And, perish the thought, what if those gold trimmed jerseys just don't work out? Will you withdraw your support and start lobbying for yet another coach?

Very funny Baller. I've been supporting the team all along. Nice to see you're finally getting on board. But history has shown that you, your son, and your friends are pretty fickle when it comes to support. What if Coach Witt benches Ogg for poor tackling? What if Gentry does another oops on a last second play and gets some choice words? And, perish the thought, what if those gold trimmed jerseys just don't work out? Will you withdraw your support and start lobbying for yet another coach?

Big Tuna let me say this very clear, Coach Witt as way to much class to treat the boys like the last HC, I support the team regardless of the coaching but I would never support a man of the last HC's coaching style, there is still a couple that need to go but coach Witt will have to deal with that later and yes if any player does something to be taken out of the game then I think its great to do it, your guy is gone amen, Karns could go 0-10 this year and be light years ahead of where they were..

All i will say to this post after reading it is...

congratulations karns on giving yourself this years excuse for going 0-10.

we all know you needed one.

at the end of the season you will all be saying.

"its ok we got our head coach fired right before season. we'll win next year."

12 months after that...

"oh its okay our team got the bird flu"

12 months later

"oh its okay we just put in a new offense"

12 months later

"oh its okay we just found a new lame excuse to fire our head coach again"

12 months later

"its okay we just put in another new offense"

12 months later

"i blame lane kiffin."

etc. etc. etc.

your team will never win because your all full of excuses. kids that dont show up to practice or workouts.

your O-line are always way to fat and way to slow.

your fans and parents are dick heads.

did i mention excuses?

Edited by eastTNfan

All i will say to this post after reading it is...

congratulations karns on giving yourself this years excuse for going 0-10.

we all know you needed one.

at the end of the season you will all be saying.

"its ok we got our head coach fired right before season. we'll win next year."

12 months after that...

"oh its okay our team got the bird flu"

12 months later

"oh its okay we just put in a new offense"

12 months later

"oh its okay we just found a new lame excuse to fire our head coach again"

12 months later

"its okay we just put in another new offense"

12 months later

"i blame lane kiffin."

etc. etc. etc.

your team will never win because your all full of excuses. kids that dont show up to practice or workouts.

your O-line are always way to fat and way to slow.

your fans and parents are dick heads.

did i mention excuses?

Ya we certainly can make those but, if you look through the rose colored glasses of bigt, topray, it for sure isn't because our coaching was bad, I for one as an ex player an alumni for sure knows our football program got a 1000% better regardless of record, yes would like to see some W's but at least the guys won't have to worry aboutbeing lied to and called the worst players anymore, Oh ya Bigt, I am puling funds from my finacial ad to pay for those new jereys and skipping first semster, the funny thing is Reeves couldn't even get back on at WB seems to me if they wanted him so bad last year when hiring a new coach they would have JUMPED at the chance to get him this go around I am sure he will leave Heritage the sme way folks realizing why he lost his HC job, Someone posted on her about how explayers go by and cut up with the coaches from what I have seen there as only been one there and he is probably th poster

Well now, let's take a look at the jamboree vs Fulton..I can't remember the exact score but wasn't it 34-0 Fulton in one 12 minute quarter? Hmmm disturbing and a record I'm sure.. to say the least..Let's hope we started the 2nd and 3rd teamers. Anyway, we looked kinda small compared to alot of the other squads.

One scrimmage won't kill the season though because it was just a practice quarter. Now that most of the drama of the coaching change has happened I was hoping we could actually discuss the on the field progress. The new QB has a good arm and although he threw 2 really bad passes for pick 6's I do see some hope. Fulton's speed was too much but we be competitive against taems who play to a more smash mouth style and don't have as much team speed. I'm gonna say based on the on field talent I saw and based on all the change Best case 3-7 and worst case 1-9..Anything better than 3-7 would be a huge step forward sad to say. Go Beavers..

Well now, let's take a look at the jamboree vs Fulton..I can't remember the exact score but wasn't it 34-0 Fulton in one 12 minute quarter? Hmmm disturbing and a record I'm sure.. to say the least..Let's hope we started the 2nd and 3rd teamers. Anyway, we looked kinda small compared to alot of the other squads.

One scrimmage won't kill the season though because it was just a practice quarter. Now that most of the drama of the coaching change has happened I was hoping we could actually discuss the on the field progress. The new QB has a good arm and although he threw 2 really bad passes for pick 6's I do see some hope. Fulton's speed was too much but we be competitive against taems who play to a more smash mouth style and don't have as much team speed. I'm gonna say based on the on field talent I saw and based on all the change Best case 3-7 and worst case 1-9..Anything better than 3-7 would be a huge step forward sad to say. Go Beavers..

Well they do wear jerseys on the field but who really cares what Go and his alum friends are up to. The only color that matters from here on out is W. Who's gonna get it done offensively for the Beavers? They have one running back with experience and he's injured. There are a few receivers with experience but who's gonna get the ball to them? Will one or the other QBs settle down enough to actually play the game? You got two new guys at the tackle spots. The left (backside) tackle has very little experience. Can these guys block and/or protect the QB - who already looks shaky even before he takes a sack or two! The defensive line looks more promising, especially if Manning's back. But will the DBs and linebackers be able to cover and/or wrap up instead of arm tackling? Dixon may be somewhat of a bad boy but in my opinion he's the best tackling DB Karns has had for awhile. Will he play? What about kicking? It was pretty weak last year most of the time. Who's got the job this year? Alright let's hear some on-the-field talk. :thumb: