TNT Tournament 2010

sdawg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thurman Francis (Smyrna, TN) vs. Holy Rosary (Hermitage, TN) plays for the boys 2A Championship today at 2:30pm. Holy Rosary pulled out a close game against Rickman yesterday. They were down 15 and won by 4 or 5 pts. They did a great job not giving up and playing hard to pull out the win. Thurman Francis defeated Scotts Hill by 20pts in the Semis. They had a guard that was shooting the lights out in the first half. Thurman Francis is by far one of the best Middle School Teams that I have seen this year in the Middle TN area in all divisions. The point guard is quick and has good court vision.They also have a red head kid down low that is relentless on the boards in addition to another 6'2' kid that can shoot it from anywhere on the court. The one kid with the goggles (Vanderbilt) is an all around good player that's is very consistent. I saw him at the James C. Haile State Invitational and he has been consistently good everytime I have seen him play. There only weakness that I saw is that they have some lapses on defense during the game sometimes. I'm going to check them out for the C-ship game today and I will be curious to see if they can put a full game in on the defensive side of the ball for a State Championship. This should be a great game for the 2A Championship. Go Rutherford County B-ball!!!

Congratulations to the Cornerstone Middle School Yellowjackets on winning the Class 4A Championship. They beat Springfield in the finals 38-20. This is the best team in school history as far as I know of. Good Luck to all of the 8th graders in the future, you have left some big shoes to fill for next year.

Congratulations to the Cornerstone Middle School Yellowjackets on winning the Class 4A Championship. They beat Springfield in the finals 38-20. This is the best team in school history as far as I know of. Good Luck to all of the 8th graders in the future, you have left some big shoes to fill for next year.

Cornerstone has a outstanding coach and a fine team. I saw them beat Southside out of Lebanon back in December and then again at the James C. Haile tournament. I didn't think anybody could do that. Congratulations.

Cornerstone has a outstanding coach and a fine team. I saw them beat Southside out of Lebanon back in December and then again at the James C. Haile tournament. I didn't think anybody could do that. Congratulations.

.............that being said, congratulations to Southside, from Lebanon, for winning the TNT. Those boys have been playing together for years and had an outstanding season. They will be missed but the future still looks bright with some amazing underclassmen ready to step in.

sdawg wrote:

Cornerstone has a outstanding coach and a fine team. I saw them beat Southside out of Lebanon back in December and then again at the James C. Haile tournament. I didn't think anybody could do that. Congratulations

Thank you Congratulations to Southside as well. We considered them to be a measuring sitck to see where we were for the tournament. Southside has an outstanding team as well.

CONGRATULATIONS to the LAKEVIEW JACKETS and COACH JOHN TIDWELL, who won the 1A BOYS TITLE!!! They were very well represented Saturday morning, with one player even having over 30+ relatives at the game.. 3 boys made the ALL-STATE team (Layne Spencer, Brenton Miller and Chace Allen) and 2 boys made the honorable mention team (Austin Mirabella and Dylon Breeden). WTG BOYS!!