Official Class AAA Miss Basketball Thread

CoachT

The ballot is now in my hands. Positive feedback is needed as to who you think the nominees should be. Negative comments will not help:

The Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards presented by Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee will be presented to the top girls and boys in five classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association at the state basketball championships in March.

This group is to include three finalists for Miss Basketball and three for Mr. Basketball in each classification. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. and Miss Basketball trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

The awards will be presented for each classification prior to the championship game awards presentation for each class, respectively. The presentation of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards for Division II will be given on Saturday, March 6 at Allen Arena on the campus of Lipscomb University in Nashville.

The presentation of the Miss Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 13 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro.

The presentation of the Mr. Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 20 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University.

Any player at any of our member schools is eligible to receive votes, and I would encourage you to take a moment and give careful consideration to any player with whom you are familiar and who you think deserving of the Mr. or Miss Basketball Award.

These votes are a nominating process only. A selection committee that will include representatives from each area of the state will meet to vote on the finalists and winner of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Award for each classification. You may submit the names of up to three players in each classification for the awards. It is not necessary to vote for three players in each category, but that is your option. And, please, consider the statewide aspect of this voting process.

In order for your ballot to be counted in the selection process, it must be received in our office via mail or fax (615-889-0544) no later than noon on FEBRUARY 8. Please respond today.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senior Taylor Hall at Morristown West High School deserves a nomination. She was one of three finalists last year for the award, and has not showed any signs of slowing down this year. She leads the AP #1 team in AAA in scoring (20 pts), rebounds (10) and steals. She recorded the first quadruple-double in school history this season (15 pts, 10 reb, 10 stl, 11 ast). In 20 starts, she has a double-double in all but three games (and those were ones where her playing time and scoring were cut short by blowouts).

Other accomplishments:

* 2008-2009 season - All-State honors; District II, AAA Player of the Year; District II Tournament MVP; First-Team All-District II and All-Region I honors.

* She averaged 20 points and 11 rebounds per contest last season.

* Taylor has signed to play basketball for the UT-Chattanooga Lady Mocs.

The ballot is now in my hands. Positive feedback is needed as to who you think the nominees should be. Negative comments will not help:

The Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards presented by Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee will be presented to the top girls and boys in five classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association at the state basketball championships in March.

This group is to include three finalists for Miss Basketball and three for Mr. Basketball in each classification. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. and Miss Basketball trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

The awards will be presented for each classification prior to the championship game awards presentation for each class, respectively. The presentation of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards for Division II will be given on Saturday, March 6 at Allen Arena on the campus of Lipscomb University in Nashville.

The presentation of the Miss Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 13 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro.

The presentation of the Mr. Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 20 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University.

Any player at any of our member schools is eligible to receive votes, and I would encourage you to take a moment and give careful consideration to any player with whom you are familiar and who you think deserving of the Mr. or Miss Basketball Award.

These votes are a nominating process only. A selection committee that will include representatives from each area of the state will meet to vote on the finalists and winner of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Award for each classification. You may submit the names of up to three players in each classification for the awards. It is not necessary to vote for three players in each category, but that is your option. And, please, consider the statewide aspect of this voting process.

In order for your ballot to be counted in the selection process, it must be received in our office via mail or fax (615-889-0544) no later than noon on FEBRUARY 8. Please respond today.

Without this process going much further, and while it maybe happened one other year to my knowledge,

to see CoachT coming on this site with a ballot and asking for the fans and posters to have an input on the players who should be considered Miss Basketball 09/10 is rather overwhelming. It is good to know the value someone thinks of him and his site. It is good to see those who are nominating are those who know and/or have seen those players play and some things about them. Coaches, news organizations, and fans are who I have seen nominate players.

Jordyn Luffman because she doesn't just score points she can play any position on the floor and has an iq for the game like no one else. She is very unselfish with the ball and could care less who scores as long as the team wins. She scores when she has to and can turn a game around just like that. This year she is putting the games in the younger girls hands to get them the experience they need to progress. She is an outstanding young woman and very considerate,well deserving of this award.