Preseason 14U Rankings

Fury96

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets have some fun and see what everyones preseason rankings are for the 14U division.

1. Silver Eagles

2. Fury 95

3. Worth 95

4. Illusions 95/96 mix

5. Nashville Cruisers 95

6. Mizuno 95

7. Valley Thunder

8. Frost Falcons Elite

9. West Tennessee Wild Things

10. Fury 96

Silver Eagles? :thumb: There's a lot of confidence coming out of Roane County these days. I have to say I like their spunk.

I will have to agree with you bucketdad, Fury 95 should be head and shoulders above everyone else in state. The pressure will be on them to make a good showing at Nationals. Afterall, you are only judged nationally on that one week. They have the players to make a nice run. I was just being nice to the Silver Eagles because they were so adamant about how good they are. Fury 95 will spank them good. I am looking forward to getting my spanking from Tad and group, it only makes us better to play them. Some of the teams you have never heard of have quality players, you should get out more.

Don't think Worth 95 has ever beaten Fury 95. Saw Worth 95 go home very early in Gallatin this past fall in a tourney Fury 96 won. Fury 95 has picked up two outstanding new pitchers. This is the first time they have had legitimate depth in the pitching category. Those two teams should not be in the same category. Just my opinion which means nothing. I will say Charlie is a much better coach than Tad. LOL. Has Worth 95 ever done anything even a top 25 at ASA Nationals?

I have coached many years in Georgia but venture into Tennessee every now and then and the best teams I have seen in this age group have been the Fury 95, White Lightening and Lady Aces... I saw Fury 96 play as the Comets last year and was very impressed with the pitching and overall team play. They look like they could beat anyone on any given day. I dont know enough about Tenn to know why the Aces and lighting were not included in the top ten that was posted... did they break up?

The main reason I left the "gap" was just to get people excited.... It is just for fun right?

95 Fury didnt just add two pitchers... they added big hitters as well. Basically they added 4 impact players go go with some of the best talent in the southeast. We all know it boils down to pitching though... is there another elite 95 or 96 pitcher hiding somewhere? Could be... that is what makes this game fun. The same pitcher that the Fury picked up from Georgia is the same pitcher that went undefeated in the first 14U ASA qualifier in Georgia last year... beating Atlanta Vipers Dean for the Berth to Nationals. We never heard of her before that.... so ya never know. The other girl is a hard throwing lefty with good movement from somewhere near Memphis. When I saw them at Scenic City 16s one was clocked at 64 and the other at 62. Thats pretty strong for 14U... heck thats strong for 18U...

Georgia is in the same boat... Sonja Strouthers Impact Gold is head and shoulders above the rest of Georgia. She has two great pitchers that may be better than both the Fury 95 pitchers and a third that would be the number one for anyone elses team. Her number one pitcher was the Georgia High School pitcher of the year and she is only 14. They are well coached... they hit well and run bases well... very solid team. I dont see any 14U challenging them in GA.

Should be a fun summer....

Don't think Worth 95 has ever beaten Fury 95. Saw Worth 95 go home very early in Gallatin this past fall in a tourney Fury 96 won. Fury 95 has picked up two outstanding new pitchers. This is the first time they have had legitimate depth in the pitching category. Those two teams should not be in the same category. Just my opinion which means nothing. I will say Charlie is a much better coach than Tad. LOL. Has Worth 95 ever done anything even a top 25 at ASA Nationals?

Have they played more than once? Like I said in my previous post, I only saw them play once and it was very competitive game. Not a blow out. So, until Fury blows out Worth or they beat them consistently, I do not see them being head and shoulders above them. Also, Worth has only chased an ASA berth once and made it, with a little help. Finished middle of the pack I believe. But they are a different team from then. As far as Gallatin is concerned, I believe every team has a bad weekend every now and then. Worth has also added more pitching, hitting and speed. They have more speed than any team I have seen their age. So I guess both teams are a little different than last year. Only head to head will decide this. I believe you will see more from Worth this summer in East Tn as they are chasing a birth this year. Because at this age and up, there are far more reasons to make it to ASA Nationals other than to say you have been there.

sorry if i implied we just went to ASA Nationals for the heck of it

Fury 96 resume:

2007 10U ASA Nationals 13th

2009 12U ASA Nationals 5th

oh and we also were 2009 12U ASA Hall of Fame Champions

Is there another Tennessee team with that track record?

And I am sorry if we were talking about Fury96. I thought we were talking about Fury95 being head and shoulders above everyone else in 14u. I wasn't talking down about anybody for going to ASA Nationals. I believe its most teams goal to make it. I was just saying there is more motivation to chase a birth at this age and up. Just voicing my opinion on the subject. After all,we are talking about 14 year old girls. Not parents,coaches,egos or resumes.

yeah it is, but you always get one that has some lame excuse as to why they don't play ASA Nationals. The bottom line is, if you want to measure your team, measure them against the best. Worth 95 has a very good team and we look forward to competing against them for a berth to Moline. There are only 4 berths to Nationals so everyone cant go, i realize that, just hope its not us. By the way, if we don't go it won't be because we didn't try. For the earlier post Lady Aces moved up to 16U.