Preseason 14U Rankings

Fury96

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it is, but you always get one that has some lame excuse as to why they don't play ASA Nationals. The bottom line is, if you want to measure your team, measure them against the best. Worth 95 has a very good team and we look forward to competing against them for a berth to Moline. There are only 4 berths to Nationals so everyone cant go, i realize that, just hope its not us. By the way, if we don't go it won't be because we didn't try. For the earlier post Lady Aces moved up to 16U.

I agree totally and cannot wait for the chase to begin. :thumb:

yeah ive heard of the silver eagles .i coach em.they are a team of local girls from our area in roane cnty and surrounding area.they are just like any other team sometimes they play well sometimes the dont.they have been beat but do not quit.we have 5 pitchers with a solid defense.and an offense that is half speed and half power hitters.we have played everyone up this way in 14s when we play white lightning it is always a battle and the kinda games you want to see.we have won some 16 u tourns and 18 u tourns in knox.we dont claim to be the best.our girls just like to play ball.all year long people told us we need to take our girls to chattanooga.we are not boasting to come down there and beat everyone.we are just coming to play better teams to make our girls better.the only thing i will boast about is the fact that our girls will give 110 % and play with integrity and curteous towards others.looking forward to the competition and the girls and coaches making knew friends.

thanks fury 96,we will be new in asa we have a lot to figure out about how it works.if im correct only 4 teams can qualify.we have set our schedule to play every qualifier that we have found.how does the qualifying work?not quite clear on what has to be done to qualify.could someone please explain?how many teams will be trying to qualify in 14 u ?thanks for any info.

You have to win a qualifying tournament to get a berth. It looks like there will be four berths. If you finish second in a qualifier and the winning team has a berth it can be passed down to the second place finisher. One way to get in extra Tennessee teams is if the Fury 95 can qualify for the Hall of Fame tournament in Oklahoma City. The top eight finishers in that tournament get a berth which would mean there could be five teams from Tennessee go. There will probably only be 8 to 10 teams even try to qualify. Here are the ones i have heard want to go:

Fury 95

Fury 96

Silver Eagles

Worth 95

Valley Thunder

Illusions

after that i am not sure, if there are more teams out there wanting to go let us hear from you.

Most teams from Tennessee choose to go to the Beach and play USFA, a fun tournament but no comparision in competition to ASA Nationals. A top ten finish at ASA Nationals and you can truly call yourself a national contender, no other association can match it. We won two USFA class "A" world series titles and basically we were the best in the southeast plus Texas. The teams from California and Arizona don't play USFA. We look forward to seeing the Silver Eagles join ASA, good luck.

To add to Fury96's list of ways to qualify. You can also attend an "AT LARGE" qualifier. This are divided into regional tournaments for the region your local ASA association is a part of. The country is broken into several regions for this purpose. There are still a few "open" qualifiers that would be for any team that enters not just Tennessee or Georgia but for "whatever" state to enter. There are several options for these. Last year one was held in Tenn, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina. There are others but they require much more travel time.

All of these options are listed on ASA web site... there are even a couple more ways to get to Nationals but it would take too long to explain. You can read all this on ASA web site.

HTH's

I would not say Fury95 is head and shoulders above everyone else. :thumb: The only game played between them and Worth95, that I know of, was a 1-0 game in extra innings. It was a great pitching and defensive game. But they are a great team and are the ones to beat in 14u. But a big gap? I would have to disagree.

Lets remember that before the Fury 95 joined the Fury Organization they were the Chattanooga Impact. I think the record against Worth 95 has been very decisive.

last inning i assume you meant we could pat ourselves on the back or maybe it was pet ourselves. Either way i'm getting so old and fat my arm doesn't reach around anymore, but i will try and work on that. FWIW Our record is what it is and i know there are many haters out there. We play to win and don't apologize for it. Good luck to your team last inning.