Fifty Best Prep Wrestlers in Tennessee State History

bbb

I don't remember Stratford ever being called "North" Stratford though.

That might be a co-op team of Stratford and the old North Nashville High. Kennedy's title was in the next-to-last year of North's existence. (North served what's now called the MetroCenter area in the Pearl-Cohn zone.) TSSAA lists him as Stratford.

Maybe, but I wrestled Tony Kennedy and only knew him as a "Stratford" kid.

I don't remember Stratford ever being called "North" Stratford though.

That might be a co-op team of Stratford and the old North Nashville High. Kennedy's title was in the next-to-last year of North's existence. (North served what's now called the MetroCenter area in the Pearl-Cohn zone.) TSSAA lists him as Stratford.

Maybe, but I wrestled Tony Kennedy and only knew him as a "Stratford" kid.

It should just be Stratford High School. North High School closed down more than 45 years ago so no school on co-op.

Travis Creagan/Bradley should be mentioned somewhere. Travis Creagan state finishes 3-1-1-2 (his only losses in the state tournament were to Kyle James his Freshmen year and Brandon Wright his Senior year), and I believe Travis still has the most wins in school history.

Travis Creagan/Bradley should be mentioned somewhere. Travis Creagan state finishes 3-1-1-2 (his only losses in the state tournament were to Kyle James his Freshmen year and Brandon Wright his Senior year), and I believe Travis still has the most wins in school history.

Did you see this?

"Another 36 To Consider ...

TRAVIS CREAGAN ... Bradley Central ... 2x champ; 2005-06 ... 3x finalist ... 4x medalist (3-1-1-2) ... Bears all-time leader in wins ... medaled at junior nationals ... started as a freshman at Columbia"

Did you see this?

"Another 36 To Consider ...

TRAVIS CREAGAN ... Bradley Central ... 2x champ; 2005-06 ... 3x finalist ... 4x medalist (3-1-1-2) ... Bears all-time leader in wins ... medaled at junior nationals ... started as a freshman at Columbia"

Yes I see it NOW. It was not on the original post. If you noticed the list has been edited 5 times already.

Excellent job as usual BB. I don't know how you pulled all of your info but it is impressive. I am sure everybody has their bias towards individuals they grew up with or are in their region; however, your list is thorough and impressive. It reminded me of the old days with some of the names mentioned.

Thanks for all you do for wrestling.

Excellent job as usual BB. I don't know how you pulled all of your info but it is impressive. I am sure everybody has their bias towards individuals they grew up with or are in their region; however, your list is thorough and impressive. It reminded me of the old days with some of the names mentioned.

Thanks for all you do for wrestling.

Yeah, seems like you and George Farr had a few good matches, when i was a first grade towell tapper, ;)

Thank you Mr. Branton :thumb: