Fifty Best Prep Wrestlers in Tennessee State History

bbb

Just a tad off-topic, but Charles McTorry, former Overton 2x state champ and current Ensworth head wrestling coach (only wrestler listed in the Sports Illustrated list of the Top 50 Tennessee sports figures of the 20th Century at number 34, just ahead of Phil Fulmer and Ron Mercer) just won his second professional MMA fight on the January 7, 2011 Strikeforce/Showtime card at the Municipal Auditorium in Nashville. McTorry, who defeated Krishaun Gilmore of Louisville by rear naked choke in the second round, now has a 2-0 professional record. He fights at 185.

Just a tad off-topic, but Charles McTorry, former Overton 2x state champ and current Ensworth head wrestling coach (only wrestler listed in the Sports Illustrated list of the Top 50 Tennessee sports figures of the 20th Century at number 34, just ahead of Phil Fulmer and Ron Mercer) just won his second professional MMA fight on the January 7, 2011 Strikeforce/Showtime card at the Municipal Auditorium in Nashville. McTorry, who defeated Krishaun Gilmore of Louisville by rear naked choke in the second round, now has a 2-0 professional record. He fights at 185.

I HAVE NOT HEARD THAT. THANKS FOR SHARING. I AM SURE MIKE SCOTT WILL THINK THAT COACH McTORRY IS A JOKE.

THE ANIMAL

• 1 year later...

If this link will ever appear?

I remember how exciting it was to watch every match as my bro Mike blosser, went undefeated most by pins, his senior year and post season, wrestled like 10 matches & pinning everyone from the d1 & d2 schools except a very happy wrestler from ND who lost 18-0 in regional finals in Chattanooga. Prior to that he bumped up to beat state champ Schrader hw from mccallie 11-0 in a dual match.

Above is what he's been doing the last several years at pan am jujitsu games.

Edited by Sommers

(http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=2Nj4vTHO8ng&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2Nj4vTHO8ng%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player)

One other with a statement from mike himself...

(http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=2Nj4vTHO8ng&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2Nj4vTHO8ng%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player)

After taking the Gold Medal at the Pan American Jiu Jitsu tournament in April, 2010, in my age division, I felt I owed it to myself to compete in the World Jiu Jitsu tournament where there are no age divisions. I fought in the 221+ lb weight class (ultra-heavyweight) Blue belt division. I won my first two fights (submission and 16-0) The 3rd fight I lost. The score was 0-0, 3 advantage points to my 2. His last coming in the last 20 seconds of the fight. If I would have won that fight, I would have placed at least in the top 4 of the World tournament. At the end of this tournament, I am now 20-3. I learned some valuable lessons after this tournament. Don't underestimate the power of a good night sleep! If your going to compete at the World level, TRAIN FOR IT. (4 weeks of training is not enough). I look forward to the next tournament. I am grateful for Marcelo Perdomo for his current training and my former coaches Caique, Juao Silva, Wander Bragga, Fred Davis, David Copeland, Tony Martino, Coach Parker and especially to all my fans, friends and family who continully support me during my infrequent visits to the competition environment.

One more try on the prior post

(www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nj4vTHO8ng&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Edited by Sommers