Dark Horse?

seriously

A definate one to follow in Div II A is Knox Webb. Their star was out for a good part of the season ands now is back. They will end up in a three way tie in the East/ Middle with DCA and Ezell Harding. Ezell beat Knox Webb, Knox Webb beat DCA and DCA beat Ezell. All lost to both Davidson and FRA. They also beat the rest of the field.

The placing for Knox Webb will be important. I don't know how they decide this one for placement in the regional tournament. Davidson will be #1, FRA #2 but who next? Knox Webb will most likely have to play both in the regional. They are the hot team right now. Although Davidson at 20-1 and FRA at 19-3 aren't too cold.

Who are the teams that are flying just under the state ranking radar that folks should be watching out for come tourney time?

Martin Westview in AA. They're ranked in the top 10, but I'd bet they are top 5 in the state for sure!

These rankings are updated continuously and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AA Region 7 District 13

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Gibson Co. 11-1 91.70%

2 Obion Co. 11-1 91.70%

3 Westview 8-3 72.70%

4 Haywood 8-4 66.70%

5 Dyersburg 7-7 50.00%

6 Milan 5-7 41.70%

7 Crockett Co. 3-11 21.40%

8 Covington 2-10 16.70%

Fri Feb. 5 at Ripley D

Sat Feb. 6 #17 Liberty Tech. Magnet N

Tue Feb. 9 Covington D

Thu Feb. 11 #16 Obion Co. D

Fri Feb. 12 Milan D

Who are the going to beat>

Manassas and Fairley in AA. Any school in the Memphis area that peaks at the right time in AAA. Too many to name that could end up in it. It's already heating up in 14AAA.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AA Region 8 District 16

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Fairley 5-0 100.00%

2 Hillcrest 5-1 83.30%

3 Sheffield 4-2 66.70%

4 Oakhaven 1-4 20.00%

5 B.T. Washington 0-4 0.00%

6 G.W. Carver 0-4 0.00%

These rankings are updated continuously and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AA Region 8 District 15

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Manassas 5-0 100.00%

2 Trezevant 4-1 80.00%

3 Memphis Northside 2-3 40.00%

4 Frayser 0-3 0.00%

5 Kingsbury 0-4 0.00%

Who are the teams that are flying just under the state ranking radar that folks should be watching out for come tourney time?

Martin Westview in AA. They're ranked in the top 10, but I'd bet they are top 5 in the state for sure!

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AA Region 7 District 13

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Gibson Co. 11-1 91.70%

2 Obion Co. 11-1 91.70%

3 Westview 8-3 72.70%

4 Haywood 8-4 66.70%

5 Dyersburg 7-7 50.00%

6 Milan 5-7 41.70%

7 Crockett Co. 3-11 21.40%

8 Covington 2-10 16.70%

Fri Feb. 5 at Ripley D

Sat Feb. 6 #17 Liberty Tech. Magnet N

Tue Feb. 9 Covington D

Thu Feb. 11 #16 Obion Co. D

Fri Feb. 12 Milan D

Who are the going to beat>

If that's Westview's schedule...

They'll drill Ripley.

The Libery game will be close. Liberty features 2 Major D1 post players. One is a Senior and has signed with Southern Illinois and the other is a Jr. and is getting D1 looks. Liberty also has solid guards around them.

They'll beat Covington although they struggled with them last time.

The OC game is up in the air.

Westview will beat Milan.

A definate one to follow in Div II A is Knox Webb. Their star was out for a good part of the season ands now is back. They will end up in a three way tie in the East/ Middle with DCA and Ezell Harding. Ezell beat Knox Webb, Knox Webb beat DCA and DCA beat Ezell. All lost to both Davidson and FRA. They also beat the rest of the field.

The placing for Knox Webb will be important. I don't know how they decide this one for placement in the regional tournament. Davidson will be #1, FRA #2 but who next? Knox Webb will most likely have to play both in the regional. They are the hot team right now. Although Davidson at 20-1 and FRA at 19-3 aren't too cold.

Women's Basketball

Division II Class A East & Middle Region

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Davidson Academy 9-0 100.00%

2 Franklin Road Academy 8-1 88.90%

3 Ezell-Harding 6-3 66.70%

4 Knoxville Webb 5-3 62.50%

5 DCA 4-1 80.00%

6 St. Cecilia Academy 4-1 80.00%

7 Univ School of Nashville 4-3 57.10%

8 Webb School 4-5 44.40%

9 St. Andrew's - Sewanee 4-6 40.00%

10 Riverside Christian 1-4 20.00%

11 King's Academy 1-5 16.70%

12 Zion Christian 1-9 10.00%

13 Mt. Juliet Christian 0-10 0.0

PHargis

My thoughts are based on two items. The games left between the top teams and that EH, DCA and Knox Webb win out. If that is the case then all three are tied with only loses to Davidson and FRA. Then the EH win over KW and KW win over DCA and DCA win over EH during conference play....What is the next selection and placement criteria since they will all have won the same number of regional games??