Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

Umpire, you are exactly right TSSAA needs to look at the game and at the officiating first but I have been to several games that were called worse than that and this kind of thing did not happen. This would not have happened had the shelbyville coaches showed more class and sportmanship and shook our teams hands but they were too worried about screaming at the ref's. It probably would not have happened had their locker room not been right beside our student section because tensions were high and our kids were very excited and their players were very upset. I think TSSAA needs to look at how the coaches handled the game and the loss and they need to look at how the players took the loss by jumping into our student section and starting to punch our kids.

I can admit that from the Shelbyville standpoint that some things could have been handled differently.

Can ANYONE from Lawrence County admit that their students were ON THE COURT !!! ???

Can anyone from Lawrence County admit that their student STORMED THE COURT !!! ???

Can anyone from Lawrence County admit that they had NO ADMINISTRATION THERE TO CONTROL THEIR STUDENTS !!! ???

Can you???

I was there, on the Shelbyville side since that is where I live. Everything you say about LCHS is true. It is also true that the SCHS coach got a technical after the game was over, shoved a cheerleader, and Andrews sucker-punched a kid from LCHS. If the SCHS coach had not shoved the girl the LCHS SRO might have been able to stop some of what happened. Or, better yet, if he had joined the line to shake hands along with his players it would have all been avoided.

Also, every school in 8AAA wishes they had LCHS's student section (or, in some cases, ANY student section) but, guys and gals, stay off the court.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umpire, you are exactly right TSSAA needs to look at the game and at the officiating first but I have been to several games that were called worse than that and this kind of thing did not happen. This would not have happened had the shelbyville coaches showed more class and sportmanship and shook our teams hands but they were too worried about screaming at the ref's. It probably would not have happened had their locker room not been right beside our student section because tensions were high and our kids were very excited and their players were very upset. I think TSSAA needs to look at how the coaches handled the game and the loss and they need to look at how the players took the loss by jumping into our student section and starting to punch our kids.

I can admit that from the Shelbyville standpoint that some things could have been handled differently.

Can ANYONE from Lawrence County admit that their students were ON THE COURT

Can anyone from Lawrence County admit that their student STORMED THE COURT !!! ???

Can anyone from Lawrence County admit that they had NO ADMINISTRATION THERE TO CONTROL THEIR STUDENTS !!! ???

Can you???

I was there, on the Shelbyville side since that is where I live. Everything you say about LCHS is true. It is also true that the SCHS coach got a technical after the game was over, shoved a cheerleader, and Andrews sucker-punched a kid from LCHS. If the SCHS coach had not shoved the girl the LCHS SRO might have been able to stop some of what happened. Or, better yet, if he had joined the line to shake hands along with his players it would have all been avoided.

Also, every school in 8AAA wishes they had LCHS's student section (or, in some cases, ANY student section) but, guys and gals, stay off the court.

Larry you are right. I sure Kevin wishes that now since it is all over. The heat of the game is what we all get caught up in

This "storming the court" issue is way off line. I was there and all I saw was the students go in the corner of the court and was celebrating by jumping around with the cheerleaders. I am not sure that qualifies as storming the court. Did the coach push the cheeleader, I am not positive but I know the SRO officer did confront him about something and I saw a cheeleader crying. I also saw Andrews dart

into the students along with other team members, that is a fact! As far as S'town and Loretto games not being played, it is because both these schools are 1A schools and LCHS is 3A. Does SCHS play Cascade or Community? Sore losers and bad sportsmanship from the eagles is what I saw!!

I wasn't at the game.I have no idea who started What.I'm sure the truth lies somewhere between the different accounts and that there is plenty of blame for both schools.I will offer this observation,Loretto and Summertown allegedly won't play LCHS because of the behavior of the LCHS Student section.There was an incident earlier this season at Wayne Co.with LCHS (once again involving the student section) and now another apparently much more serious incident involving (once again the LCHS student section).There seems to be some sort of lack of institutional control(borrowing a phrase from the NCAA) Regardless of who was at fault last night It's eventually going to penalize the ones who least deserve it,the LCHS players and coaches.It's possible to back your team without coming across in a negative matter and be respectful to your opponents . I'm sure this will be handled by both schools and the TSSAA.

But SCHS will continue to play LCHS because they are not a bunch of wusses. Now, back to the actual topic.

You won't see these incidents many places, and hopefully not again involving these schools, but most schools don't have problems because the students aren't THERE.

Can ANYONE from Lawrence County admit that their students were ON THE COURT !!! ???

Can you???

Yes. Our students stormed the court after a victory (which our students did 2 years ago after a buzzer beater win at Columbia and nothing like this came close to happening). Yes, I will admit that. Then the Shelbyville administration made them get off. Our students went and stood back in the bleachers where they had been the entire game and Shelbyville's coach stormed off (only shaking our Coach's hand) and pushed one of our cheerleaders. Accidental or not, you dont push a girl like that. Our SRO officer, which is obviously a cop, confronted their coach about it (which is what a cop should do when a GROWN MAN pushes a TEENAGE GIRL, who is 5 foot nothing and like 90 pounds); therefore, our student section started the chant "get him dorning" and the Shelbyville players started jawwing with our students, resulting in Emmanuel Andrews coming into our crowd and throwing punches (one connected with a fan and split his eyebrow open) and most his teammates followed him, which started a brawl. Thankfully Lawrence County's players were already in the lockerroom. Student sections are going to yell at the opposing team, and if you cant handle the pressure then you shouldnt be playing.

I will admit our student section was wrong by storming the court. BUT it is not their fault that Shelbyville players entered our crowd and started throwing punches. Everybody knows the true story that Shelbyville started the brawl by the Mr. McDonald All-American coming into our crowd throwing fists. On top of it all, the Principal calls Lawrence County "white trash"? It just sounds like some people are just sore losers and were real upset that Lawrence County beat Shelbyville.

Can you???

Yes. Our students stormed the court after a victory (which our students did 2 years ago after a buzzer beater win at Columbia and nothing like this came close to happening). Yes, I will admit that. Then the Shelbyville administration made them get off. Our students went and stood back in the bleachers where they had been the entire game and Shelbyville's coach stormed off (only shaking our Coach's hand) and pushed one of our cheerleaders. Accidental or not, you dont push a girl like that. Our SRO officer, which is obviously a cop, confronted their coach about it (which is what a cop should do when a GROWN MAN pushes a TEENAGE GIRL, who is 5 foot nothing and like 90 pounds); therefore, our student section started the chant "get him dorning" and the Shelbyville players started jawwing with our students, resulting in Emmanuel Andrews coming into our crowd and throwing punches (one connected with a fan and split his eyebrow open) and most his teammates followed him, which started a brawl. Thankfully Lawrence County's players were already in the lockerroom. Student sections are going to yell at the opposing team, and if you cant handle the pressure then you shouldnt be playing.

I will admit our student section was wrong by storming the court. BUT it is not their fault that Shelbyville players entered our crowd and started throwing punches. Everybody knows the true story that Shelbyville started the brawl by the Mr. McDonald All-American coming into our crowd throwing fists. On top of it all, the Principal calls Lawrence County "white trash"? It just sounds like some people are just sore losers and were real upset that Lawrence County beat Shelbyville.

i think its awesome how you have an all american who cant take the fans, coaches that push little girls down, and fans that think theyre sports writers. it looks like everybody needs to pick up and move to the greatest place on earth, shelbyville. your downing LCHS's administration? yall just had an opposing school student section storm your court? dont think any school in tennessee would let that happen. A coach (GROWN MAN) getting T'd up twice, attacking a cheerleader, and not being able to control his players. sounds like SCHS is the one with the administration problems. Andrews is an over-rated thug who cant take the heat in a high school basketball game. sounds like he has a long career ahead of him. sorry to bust your bubble but mr. 5'9 140lb stud isnt god. you think hed learn how to take a punch in the hood!

If KT got T-ed up twice, he wouldn't have been walking off the court with his team after the games. 2 T's is an ejection. I have seen students rush the court at Siegel when Oakland beat them a few years ago, Siegel fans started throwing bottles at the Oakland kids, it didn't turn out good either....Still not the home teams job to control the visiting fans, this would cause even more problems.

i think its awesome how you have an all american who cant take the fans, coaches that push little girls down, and fans that think theyre sports writers. it looks like everybody needs to pick up and move to the greatest place on earth, shelbyville. your downing LCHS's administration? yall just had an opposing school student section storm your court? dont think any school in tennessee would let that happen. A coach (GROWN MAN) getting T'd up twice, attacking a cheerleader, and not being able to control his players. sounds like SCHS is the one with the administration problems. Andrews is an over-rated thug who cant take the heat in a high school basketball game. sounds like he has a long career ahead of him. sorry to bust your bubble but mr. 5'9 140lb stud isnt god. you think hed learn how to take a punch in the hood!

If KT got T-ed up twice, he wouldn't have been walking off the court with his team after the games. 2 T's is an ejection

Randy...........KT got 2 technicals!! He got one after the game! The truth will come out.

If KT got T-ed up twice, he wouldn't have been walking off the court with his team after the games. 2 T's is an ejection

Randy...........KT got 2 technicals!! He got one after the game! The truth will come out.

Didn't know you could get a technical AFTER a game....

Didn't know you could get a technical AFTER a game....

I've seen it happen before but do not know what it does. It may get the coach off the bench for the next game or two but not sure. I have never seen a free throw shot after a game when this has happen. Does anybody know what the rule is when you get two tech one after the game,

First off, I have no affiliation with either school. I have noticed when our school played lchs that their fan section was a little rowdy and had a dry erase board(which should be a nono) and wrote several messages aimed toward the players, but all in fun. Nothing got out of hand and after the game everyone went there own way. But earlier at Page they had a student fan with Giles s--ks painted on his chest(got pics if you dont believe). Only when some giles parents complained was the kid asked to put on a shirt. And at the end of that game the fans came after one of our players that had been jawing with them all night, so they both were in the wrong. TSSAA does have a rule in place for this type of fan action, our Middle school principal reads the rule before every home game. But you can see the violence increasing every year in all sports. Too much emphasis is put on the victory and less on teaching these young men and women how to be better people. Everyone has a tough job here, this was not just one persons fault. But the court is for the players.

First off, I have no affiliation with either school. I have noticed when our school played lchs that their fan section was a little rowdy and had a dry erase board(which should be a nono) and wrote several messages aimed toward the players, but all in fun. Nothing got out of hand and after the game everyone went there own way. But earlier at Page they had a student fan with Giles s--ks painted on his chest(got pics if you dont believe). Only when some giles parents complained was the kid asked to put on a shirt. And at the end of that game the fans came after one of our players that had been jawing with them all night, so they both were in the wrong. TSSAA does have a rule in place for this type of fan action, our Middle school principal reads the rule before every home game. But you can see the violence increasing every year in all sports. Too much emphasis is put on the victory and less on teaching these young men and women how to be better people. Everyone has a tough job here, this was not just one persons fault. But the court is for the players.

So True!!! Good Post