Emmanuel Andrews

Wildcats5454

Very few people are outspoken about Andrews acting in self defense, including the Shelbyville testimonies. Why would other hometown fans say he was an instigator and not acting in self defense? I'm sorry but cases are built on evidence, not the hearsay of someone slinging a story varying from the majority of other first hand accounts.

Again, why would TSSAA have an agenda to rule against or in favor of either one of these schools?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very few people are outspoken about Andrews acting in self defense, including the Shelbyville testimonies. Why would other hometown fans say he was an instigator and not acting in self defense? I'm sorry but cases are built on evidence, not the hearsay of someone slinging a story varying from the majority of other first hand accounts.

Again, why would TSSAA have an agenda to rule against or in favor of either one of these schools?

yea thats what im trying to figure out... When i spoke to TSSAA they would not tell me why a decision was made.. and also said there was no tape as evidence..

And for the record this is not hearsay...TSSAA made a hasty decision and I vow to try to get him playing again..

Hearsay is what you get when you're not accompanied by evidence.

So the Shelbyville fans that volunteered to speak about the incident... why would anyone do that, indicting their hometown team as deserving punishment, unless they were compelled to do so? Also, I do not believe TSSAA would make any ruling without sufficient evidence to make that ruling. So, like I said if you bring new info to the table, then be our guest. Something new on this issue would actually be refreshing.

I know your case is built on self defense, but the ruling was based on many, many accounts that it was not self defense including a lot of SCHS supporters.

I found this comment under the tennessean, thought it was interesting."This is ridiculous. This young man did not know if any of those individuals rushing the court had a weapon or wanted to do him bodily harm. They were already taunting him. That means they were already out of control. As Americans dont we have a right to defend ourselves. Did he run into the stands? No. Did he taunt any fans? No. You cannot wait and ask someone are you trying to be my friend. If you wait that long you could end up hurt or dead. If someone is already disrespecting you, they dont want to be your friend. If this was my son I would sue Lawrence County (for lack of fan control), TSSAA (for not requiring adequate security at a sanctioned TSSAA event), Shelbyville HS (for suspending him). I was a HS athlete in Nashville and I guarantee you if I was rushed on the court and blocked from the locker room by fans that were insulting me and heckling me, I would protect myself. Hello, if they are stopping you from leaving, they are trying to harm you." Great point....

Hearsay is what you get when you're not accompanied by evidence.

So the Shelbyville fans that volunteered to speak about the incident... why would anyone do that, indicting their hometown team as deserving punishment, unless they were compelled to do so? Also, I do not believe TSSAA would make any ruling without sufficient evidence to make that ruling. So, like I said if you bring new info to the table, then be our guest. Something new on this issue would actually be refreshing.

I know your case is built on self defense, but the ruling was based on many, many accounts that it was not self defense including a lot of SCHS supporters.

You sound like you made a ruling on this matter....How do you know so much about SCHS fans when you live in Lawrenceburg??? guess i know now why i was given no answers when i called....

Like i said many, many accounts.... no evidence just what someone said...

Crying shame that E has no say on what happened...

yea thats what im trying to figure out... When i spoke to TSSAA they would not tell me why a decision was made.. and also said there was no tape as evidence..

And for the record this is not hearsay...TSSAA made a hasty decision and I vow to try to get him playing again..

I wish you luck! I don't think the people at LCHS think Andrews is a lunatic. They all know he is a great athelete. That is the reason the fans were trying to get him off his game. I also don't think the statement about LCHS trying to get him suspended was correct earlier. I feel certain the fans from LCHS never thought about a brawl and Andrews getting suspended. It happened though and I know the fans from SCHS are devastated. The people that were there that night clapped for EA when he got his award that night. Not sure if SCHS noticed that but they did. I still have not heard for a fact that the suspensions were from the TSSAA. I am sure they helped with the decision. I don't know EA but I have seen him play ball for a couple years now and his actions Friday night was not in his character but what happened did happen. In parting; good luck SCHS fans, EA and the other two players.

Crunch, wow you totally have no idea of the order things happened in, but i'm going to bed. he had made it past the crowd initially(the part beside the lobby). then he got mad bc he saw the faces of the ppl that had been calling him "Jimmie" all night, and nothing more. that is the only thing the ppl he was after called him. there were three of us that did it the most and thats all we said, and he couldnt stand it. so when he sees us, he loses his temper (totally understandable) and comes into the part of the student section directly in front of the bleachers. then he cheap shotted one of our guys who didnt get out of his way as he tried to get to the guys he was after. he kept coming until he got three feet from me. he was talkin i dont know what he was sayin. then like i said, when he got 3 feet from me, someone hit him. that is how it happened. goodnight.

I find it funny that you are going to say it is understandable that he lost his temper with you guys... what I would like to see from all administrations is better fan control. This all could have been avoided if fans took more time to cheer on their own teams instead of tormenting the H E double L out of the opposing team. What is it going to take for this to happen a more serious incident than this???

Taunting is a fact of the game. every fan of every team does it. tThat EA got so upset by it is very disturbing. You have the guy admitting to the taunting and what was said to him. That he CHOSE to enter the stands is what got him the suspension. Players can not do that. When he entered te stands, that eliminates the equation of happening on the court. On the court is a 2 game---off the court opens another set of guideline sby which to punish. If they eyewitness who started teh entire episode gives his stement and admits to what he was doing and that the player did infact come into the stands, then that will carry more credence than a fan who saw the entire thing from a distance that says the player was provoked. the most interesting part of this whole story is that Coach Clark kept his team in teh locker room until parents came to get them. That is what a coach is supposed to do in these situations--kudos to him. As for the SCHS coach--the suspension for him is the result of not controlling his players and allowing them to enter the stands.