East Magnet????

coachtut

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of some people who are interested and if Metro/Nashville Athletic Director Scott Brunette and the administration at East Literature want some quality football minds to come over at build a 5-5 first year football program into a potential threat to make a deep run in the TSSAA State Playoffs in year number two then they will definitely take a deep look.............because let's just say the names I have heard from a "little birdie" have won before with FAR LESS TALENTED PLAYERS than what they could inherit if they were hired here.

We welcome all qualified applicants. This job is a good job at a good school. We have some tallented kids. The only downside to our football program is that we are still a young program with limited facilities.

By the way, doesn't everyone that looks to hire a football coach want someone with a great football mind that can take a team deep into the playoffs?

Metro tops itself, log layers abound. Phillips wins 4 and loses 26, and gets better job at whites creek, Spears begins a program at east and runs off after 5-5 season to take hillwood [ a proven graveyard ], Thompson tries to leave maplewood and gets lavernge's principal fired, Law may go to will. co. or not. I know , law and thompson can duel over east book school. Ring around the log is favorite metro game.

Cretin city, and you want other systems to respect your football programs, PLEASE. But the good news spring is not far away, and the banjo pickers can plan the canoe trips to the land of logs.

Metro tops itself, log layers abound. Phillips wins 4 and loses 26, and gets better job at whites creek, Spears begins a program at east and runs off after 5-5 season to take hillwood [ a proven graveyard ], Thompson tries to leave maplewood and gets lavernge's principal fired, Law may go to will. co. or not. I know , law and thompson can duel over east book school. Ring around the log is favorite metro game.

Cretin city, and you want other systems to respect your football programs, PLEASE. But the good news spring is not far away, and the banjo pickers can plan the canoe trips to the land of logs.

One of the most insightfull posts in a while.Makes me glad I live in Williamson County. I have heard that Law will not be employed in Williamson County and Thompson will not be at Maplewood even if he wanted to. Best move was Phillips moving to Whites Creek. Spears leaving East Literature to go to Hillwoood is at best a mystery that only he knows the reason.

"BOZO HEAD COACH" I would rethink such a statement. Anyone who gives up his own time and money to teach and coach the game of football is not a Bozo. I dont care what school your at or where you are from no one coaches high school football for the money and any assistant or head coach who is expecting to make a living off coaching high school football should think twice about coaching high school ball. There are plenty of colleges out there for you to coach at. All i can say is good luck staying at a college for more than 5 years.

Now the quality of assistant coaches is another matter. Yes, head coaches do ask former and retired head coaches to help. Why? Because they know football and what it takes to win and have a successful program. Those good assistant coaches are the ones who learn and study the game day in and day out and spend just as much time or even more time than the head coach preparing and studying each week. All coaches rather its an assitant or a head has room for improvement and should never stop learning or be comfortable with one style of football. The game and the athletes you have change year after year. Metro Schools do have quality football and most of the Metro schools have winning seasons. Our kids just need more encouragement and help when it comes to things off the field that we as coaches have no control over.

Antioch 3-7

Cane Ridge 0-10

East Lit 5-5

Glencliff 5-6

Hillwood 3-7

Hillsoboro 4-8

Hunters Lane 8-3

Maplewood 8-5

McGavock 6-5

Overton 8-3

Pearl Cohn 5-6

Stratford 0-10

Whites Creek 9-5

totals 64-80 - and this was a good year for metro - you were kidding about most being successful - i don't know what the man meant by bozo - but i do know that dedication doesn't mean good coach