Hillsoboro 4-8

Hunters Lane 8-3

Maplewood 8-5

McGavock 6-5

Overton 8-3

Pearl Cohn 5-6

Stratford 0-10

Whites Creek 9-5

totals 64-80 - and this was a good year for metro - you were kidding about most being successful - i don't know what the man meant by bozo - but i do know that dedication doesn't mean good coach

I wouldnt say it was a good year at all. Hillsboro, PC, Stratford, and Antioch were all down. The man "lilal" always trys to be negative when it comes to Metro. I have seen him on here for years saying the same old thing about banjo pickers. I still dont know what it means but its obviously negative. However what's wrong with playing the banjo? I actually kind of like it and the guitar too. Lilal is just spouting off and always has. He probably once tried to get into Metro and was turned down or he had a son that didnt play enough or something like that. He roots for Sumner Co. now. I looked at their record for the regular season. It was as follows:

Beech 8-2 Gallatin 7-3 Hendersonville 7-3 Portland 0-10 Station Camp 3-7 Westmoreland 2-8 and White House 6-4. Combined its 33-37. I wouldnt say Sumner Co. isnt any better than Metro.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cane Ridge still didnt have a full school and played a varsity schedule. Hillsboro got a great new coach but as many would know it takes time to get things rolling with the kids when a new Coach comes in. East Lit went 500 and had 2 big wins beating Cpa and Maplewood. Stratford is in a slump so was Hillwood but I am positive Bubba Spears will get that program running again.

Great Coaches find what works with their kids to be successfull. there is quality football all over the Mid-State. Its not my place to critisize anyones players or coaching staff or how good or bad their coaches are. We all have struggles no matter where we are at. But once again a budget has nothing to do with quality football or football coaches.

Antioch 3-7

Cane Ridge 0-10

East Lit 5-5

Glencliff 5-6

Hillwood 3-7

Hillsoboro 4-8

Hunters Lane 8-3

Maplewood 8-5

McGavock 6-5

Overton 8-3

Pearl Cohn 5-6

Stratford 0-10

Whites Creek 9-5

totals 64-80 - and this was a good year for metro - you were kidding about most being successful - i don't know what the man meant by bozo - but i do know that dedication doesn't mean good coach

Good stats and I wonder what the career record of each coach is going into next season. Recycled coaches are the norm in metro.

Hillsboro got a great new coach but as many would know it takes time to get things rolling with the kids when a new Coach comes in.

Guess someone forgot to tell Blade that since he went 14-1 his first year at Hillsboro. McDaniels won a championship his first year at Oakland. Shadowens did well at Blackman in his first year there.

I guess the ones that know it takes time to get things going are the ones that can't get things going.

Antioch 3-7

Cane Ridge 0-10

East Lit 5-5

Glencliff 5-6

Hillwood 3-7

Hillsoboro 4-8

Hunters Lane 8-3

Maplewood 8-5

McGavock 6-5

Overton 8-3

Pearl Cohn 5-6

Stratford 0-10

Whites Creek 9-5

Good stats and I wonder what the career record of each coach is going into next season. Recycled coaches are the norm in metro.

A better way to figure it would be to add up the records vs teams outside this group, as against each other they're .500 naturally. Also taking out Cane Ridge's totals would give a fairer result, too.

Tony Brunetti has done a good job at Pearl-Cohn. Here are some stats to support that argument:

1.) 27-22 overall coaching record (including 2 seasons of 10+ wins)

2.) 2 appearences in the state semifinals

3.) 2 playoff wins over White House, 1 playoff win over Station Camp, 1 playoff win over Sycamore, 1 playoff win over Polk County, 1 playoff win over Chattanooga Howard

4.) 2 Co-Region Championships (2006 & 2007)

5.) Countless players that have gone on to the next level with his help to play football and receive a free paid for college education in the process

NOW WITH THAT SAID WHO ALL HAS APPLIED FOR THE VACANT JOB AT EAST LITERATURE?????

A Hillltopper is a man of integrity who climbs to the top of the mountain to claim victory over all challengers. Phil Grammer and Jerry Link are former Topper leaders who tried to teach young men the value of wearing the Green Jersey. Coach Spears understands the metro way and will try hard to rebuild the Topper tradition. Good luck Toppers

Understand interviews will happen this week, teaching spot is open since Coach Spears is already on the job at Hillwood. What is a hilltopper?

Reviewing resumes/applications next week. Interviews around the 10th. Spears PE spot was filled with interim teacher.

Spears wants to take at least two coaches with him.