East Magnet????

coachtut

You must be tight with the ticket counter at the book school, but you pick a metro guy to get the job on another post. Calling about the job and interviewing are not the same. Metro M.O. -- large numbers apply and we chose the very best. [in 20-30 min. interview ]. Log layers rejoice, MW is open and the canoe trip can continue.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be tight with the ticket counter at the book school, but you pick a metro guy to get the job on another post. Calling about the job and interviewing are not the same. Metro M.O. -- large numbers apply and we chose the very best. [in 20-30 min. interview ]. Log layers rejoice, MW is open and the canoe trip can continue.

This happens everywhere not just metro. Fans want to see the hometown guy get the job and in some cases the homer wins out over a guy that might actually be the better coach. Maybe the homer is a better fit than the better x and o guy. This is not just a metro thing. Look at Siegel and at Wilson Central. Both picked local guys. Same thing with Ravenwood last year and I know several coaches were interested that were much more qualified.

How are the logs flowing in Sumner Co? Why dont you go up to Portland with all your knowledge and wisdom and tell them how to win again. Or maybe since youre so great you could give Crabtree some advice at Beech. They won a gold ball but Im sure someone like you would be able to make them even better.

Hey BigChief, I know you're loving this great weather for baseball. How many coaches actually got interviews for the football coaching spot?. I heard there were some former and current head coaches from the midstate schools sniffing around.

Shadow, there is nothing like looking out your window at 12 noon on March 3rd and watching it snow. Great for baseball.

Yes there are some current and former head coaches in the mix as well as a couple of high profile co-ordinators with state championships on their resume. Just wanted to throw that in for Lilal since he thinks that equates to something other than having a lot of talent/ kids brought up with a great work ethic/ a lot of luck/ and catching some good breaks along the way.

Interviews are next Wednesday and Thursday. Good luck to all of the candidates.

Hey BigChief, I know you're loving this great weather for baseball. How many coaches actually got interviews for the football coaching spot?. I heard there were some former and current head coaches from the midstate schools sniffing around.

Shadow, there is nothing like looking out your window at 12 noon on March 3rd and watching it snow. Great for baseball.

Yes there are some current and former head coaches in the mix as well as a couple of high profile co-ordinators with state championships on their resume. Just wanted to throw that in for Lilal since he thinks that equates to something other than having a lot of talent/ kids brought up with a great work ethic/ a lot of luck/ and catching some good breaks along the way.

Interviews are next Wednesday and Thursday. Good luck to all of the candidates.

sounds like doesn't matter who the coach is then

Obviously, you missed the point. This year there were 8 state championship coaches in football and 250 or so that didn't win. Now are you going to tell me that only those 8 are successful coaches? Bubba Spears has never won a state championship but he was a great FIT for our school and program. I can only hope that our next coach will be as well. Wins and losses are important, but not the be-all, end-all. Otherwise Probst would still be at Hoover High right? We want a coach that not only puts a quality product on the field, but also in the classroom, the neigborhood etc. Our program is still VERY young. People forget that for some reason.

sounds like doesn't matter who the coach is then

Holy Moly BigChief, you hit it square on the head. Most people do not understand that every system has their on set of problems , privates and publics. Some more, some less, but coaches are dealing with them every day , and the day does not end when school is out or practice is over. Most coaches are in the game because they love kids, and sometimes its hard to do, but we hope that we can show them someone cares and will help them. Those coaches only in for self gratification don't last long, because its not enough to sustain them. Now don't get me wrong, because its ok to teach life lessons while you are winning and its more fun and that's why they have scoreboards. Good post, maybe you should have been a football coach.

Holy Moly BigChief, you hit it square on the head. Most people do not understand that every system has their on set of problems , privates and publics. Some more, some less, but coaches are dealing with them every day , and the day does not end when school is out or practice is over. Most coaches are in the game because they love kids, and sometimes its hard to do, but we hope that we can show them someone cares and will help them. Those coaches only in for self gratification don't last long, because its not enough to sustain them. Now don't get me wrong, because its ok to teach life lessons while you are winning and its more fun and that's why they have scoreboards. Good post, maybe you should have been a football coach. :motorbike: