East Magnet????

coachtut

First off Jason Smith has put more than 30 football players in college. They might not still be playing but the fact he got them in college is a plus. The down fall of Stratford came when they seperated from East Lit. For the past two years the East Lit team would have been starting at Stratford. So I would love to go see any coach pull out a 8-2 record with 25 sophmores and 3 seniors and 5 juniors..... Stratford will turn their program around this years, and other than East seperation its hard when you have your neighborhood school trying to recruit your players every year from Stratfords feeder schools. And Ralph Thompson a good coach??? Thats the Joke.... This guy went 0-10 two years straight but ppl forget about that.. They should be good mind you that at least 10-15 of their players has came from the Stratford zone or HUntersLAne.

Jason Smith.....nor any other coach "puts" kids in college. Grades, ability, and college coaches sign kids.

Quit whining and deal with reality......................average

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats because Smith plays by the rules and doesnt recruit players and lie to them to get them to their school. Chris simpson the QB that led them there, lived in stratford zone, Cantrell the RB lived in Hunterslane zone and so was a couple of linemen. Anybody can recruit and win they are jus like private schools. So u label him a "good coach" cause his recruiting skills. Your an idiot too. And for the Record Campbell is the best coach in Metro hands down

Watch the name calling you may hurt my feelings :hungry:

Aw yeah for the record for all the idiots that think they know what they are talkin about! The East job was first offered to Jason Smith, but he turned it down...

Time of game, Offers that you speak, made never were. Within yourself the idiot lay. Away, you should turn from the darkside of the fork.

May the fork be with you. :o

Fork, it is true and you sir have to be the biggest loser to really be on line talkin like this... reallly get a life.

The guy who throws a coach under the bus by accusing him of recruiting players is making fun of people because of how they post? I hope you know the definition of slander/libel :o

Im not accusing no one, i know its the truth the words came from the assistant coaches, but howdoitknow, you seem to always have alot to say. i wonder how your coaching skills are for you to be always downing someone. :o <-----this is probly what ppl do to your coaching skills.

Now that Spearsis on the west side of town, who will apply and who will get the job,

Anyone on current staff interested?

It has been a long time since you first posted this. Maybe they will have someone named by Monday. 2nd round of interviews are tomorrow. Old ( former) metro coach is interviewing.

Now that Spearsis on the west side of town, who will apply and who will get the job,

It has been a long time since you first posted this. Maybe they will have someone named by Monday. 2nd round of interviews are tomorrow. Old ( former) metro coach is interviewing.

I heard Jim Wilson the old glenclif coach is the front runner is that true

I heard Jim Wilson the old glenclif coach is the front runner is that true

That is the rumor. I believe it is true.

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have never been a head coach in football in metro nashville [ bet over 90% of posters on this subject have not ] then you know nothing about the job. You critcize those that are and have been and you have no clue what goes on in these schools. Maybe after you have given lunch money, shoes, ride home, dentist or doctors appointments, safe place to stay the night or baby sit brother or sister at practice. Maybe even help find a part-time job, keep in school and graduate when he has not any positive roll models at home, maybe then your opinion will merit consideration. Notice I have said nothing going on in the sport, you value success, we did and they do now, all of us want to win games, but the best success stories for coaches are the winning young men we prepare for life and they are raising families, working at jobs, and trying to make a positive influence on their children. I was fortunate enough to have good players and assistant coaches , but the victories were not as important as so many men out of so many boys. So quit judging the coaches in metro, until you have been there, walk a mile in their shoes.

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have never been a head coach in football in metro nashville [ bet over 90% of posters on this subject have not ] then you know nothing about the job. You critcize those that are and have been and you have no clue what goes on in these schools. Maybe after you have given lunch money, shoes, ride home, dentist or doctors appointments, safe place to stay the night or baby sit brother or sister at practice. Maybe even help find a part-time job, keep in school and graduate when he has not any positive roll models at home, maybe then your opinion will merit consideration. Notice I have said nothing going on in the sport, you value success, we did and they do now, all of us want to win games, but the best success stories for coaches are the winning young men we prepare for life and they are raising families, working at jobs, and trying to make a positive influence on their children. I was fortunate enough to have good players and assistant coaches , but the victories were not as important as so many men out of so many boys. So quit judging the coaches in metro, until you have been there, walk a mile in their shoes.

I couldn agree with u more SHadow, being that im a metro coach and i was guided buy a great coach that cared about me being successful in life more than winning him games

The guy who throws a coach under the bus by accusing him of recruiting players is making fun of people because of how they post? I hope you know the definition of slander/libel :thumb:

Im not accusing no one, i know its the truth the words came from the assistant coaches

Since you "know its the truth the words came from the assistant coaches" then I guess it's set in stone then. It has to be if that is how you recieved the information. You truly are a joke! If you do coach in Metro as you say then you have to coach at Stratford nowadays. I am glad to finally have some evidence as to why the Spartans have been so terrible in recent years. It is because they have people lie you on the sidelines ;)

By the way I don't coach nor have I ever admitted that I do coach. Nice try anyway though :thumb: