2010 Track Outlook

allsec1985

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Track is here as of Monday! What teams, boys or girls, are favored to win the State and why? Division or class doesn't matter, just looking for some talk to liven up this blog that's been dead for a while!
There is the McKelvey kid from the Knoxville area that is real good in the distance races. Ooltewah has Smith back.

• 2 weeks later...

Since track is treated like a non-factor, and prospects are not listed under "prospects", let me say congrats to my son who runs for Hunters Lane. He just committed and signed a scholarship to run for the University of Memphis. The irony of it is many people come to the meets. There is a lot of interest. The home meets that HL host are packed more than 3/4 of the other sports. Nuff' said on that.

I think in the Boys AAA, look out for Cordova, Brentwood High, Ooltewah, and Hunters Lane. Watch Jeremiah Rutledge from Kenwood, Jadon Short from Oak Ridge, Jarael Nelvis from White Station, Samuel Seamster from Ooltewah, Derrick Murrell from Fairley and Jaz Davis from Hunters Lane. Columbia Central will also make some noise. They will rack up some points for their respected schools this year. There are a whole lot more but these are the seniors who have continuously been at the top.

Since track is treated like a non-factor, and prospects are not listed under "prospects", let me say congrats to my son who runs for Hunters Lane. He just committed and signed a scholarship to run for the University of Memphis. The irony of it is many people come to the meets. There is a lot of interest. The home meets that HL host are packed more than 3/4 of the other sports. Nuff' said on that.

I think in the Boys AAA, look out for Cordova, Brentwood High, Ooltewah, and Hunters Lane. Watch Jeremiah Rutledge from Kenwood, Jadon Short from Oak Ridge, Jarael Nelvis from White Station, Samuel Seamster from Ooltewah, Derrick Murrell from Fairley and Jaz Davis from Hunters Lane. Columbia Central will also make some noise. They will rack up some points for their respected schools this year. There are a whole lot more but these are the seniors who have continuously been at the top.

Ooltewah is rebuilding this year. Seamster graduated, and so did Smith. They are very young. They have talent, but they are a season away from being a main competitor at state. They will win a lot of meets before then.

Any teams look real good after the first couple of days of action? How about individuals? From what I have seen from the limited available information, it seems several events are in a down year. Throws are down, it seems. So are a lot of girls events. This looks like it may be a year for a surprise qualifier in several events.

It's early yet. We should see some better marks in the next week or so I would think. Look at the 2010 TN indoor rankings (under rankings) to get a sense of what people are running, jumping, and throwing leading in to the season. http://tn.milesplit.us Click Rankings and then select 2010 indoor track and field. Hope this helps.

There is nothing there yet, except for top returners based on performances from a year ago. I was hoping to see what people have done so far this year.

I was suggesting that you can go to the 2010 INDOOR rankings (not look at last year) to get a sense of what some of the track and field athletes who will be competing in the Spring already did in the just-ended indoor season. You have to go to Rankings and then select Indoor boys or girls TF. If you are a member of milesplit you can click on each event and do a drill down to see all of the indoor rankings - not just the top performer. May be information overload but good luck.