District 8-AA Tourney

ukhoops

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw tonight, IF Upperman and Cannon can not make it past the first round, they are officially the two worst teams in AA. The third and fourth place teams in 7AA may not be capable of beating DeKalb County.

Congrats to Upperman and Biles. I look to see another Livingston/Upperman game within the next week.

Dekalb did beat Bledsoe twice during the season, once with 3 starters out due to the swine flu, and beat Sequatchie by 20 in a play day at White Co. 8aa is so much stronger than 7aa this year and about every year.

It really doesn't matter at all since it was a playday but that scrimmage (Seq also played Lawrence Co to 5 and would not be expected to do so in a regulation game) was an 11-point game. Sequatchie went deeper than usual, I'm sure DeKalb did also, and was missing the girl who turned out to be the third-leading scorer on the team for the season. That left them with 2 who had any meaningful varsity experience at all from last year. DeKalb beat Bledsoe by 7 and 11 early, wins but not so much they couldn't be turned around should they play again, especially after the Bledsoe coach had some more time to get used to his team. I don't remember the exact date but he was a pretty late addition as their coach had to take this season off. What matters is that CCS or Grundy can't afford to overlook DeKalb or they could have an early exit. It's not a profound statement to say 7-AA will have to work hard to avoid a sweep, all the teams realize that.

Listen, this is absurd. I know Dodgen is a competitor just as McWilliams, Smith and any other coach in the district. His girls DID NOT play well. If this wasn't the finals, people would not be calling him out about "not looking like he wanted to win, he threw the game, etc." No good coach will do that if they believe in their team like he does. Either support YOUR OWN program like you SHOULD, or move. That is ridiculous.