Memphis AAA Region.... This should be the State tournament

nebuntyn

nebuntyn I know your pain. Its too bad there is not big NCAA like format. Think if it was Melrose, White Station, Ridgeway, Craigmont, Southwind, Central, East and Germantown all Competing for the big ball.

I guess we got to just have our own fantasy tournament. If u want to see the best games start with 16 - AAA sat night at Melrose. It could end up being Melrose vs Central and White Station vs. East. What a Final 4

nebuntyn I know your pain. Its too bad there is not big NCAA like format. Think if it was Melrose, White Station, Ridgeway, Craigmont, Southwind, Central, East and Germantown all Competing for the big ball.

I guess we got to just have our own fantasy tournament. If u want to see the best games start with 16 - AAA sat night at Melrose. It could end up being Melrose vs Central and White Station vs. East. What a Final 4

I know and I will be there..... Will you be there, if so give me a shout. [email protected]

The first round of the regions, a potential state champion will be eliminated. The format really needs an overhaul.

I won't get into the format-change issue, but I will say this much (with all due respect to the rest of the teams across the State):

--------------------------------------------

I will be absolutely, positively SHOCKED should one of these 6 teams NOT win the AAA State Championship:

Melrose

Ridgeway

White Station

------------------

Southwind

Central

East

I have followed area HS basketball for 25+ years. Yet, I simply can not remember a single season in which Memphis has had this many bona-fide, State-Championship quality teams in one division (AAA), in the same season. Ever! There are usually only one or two, at the most.

Heck, one could even make the case that a 7th team -- Germantown (which has its best team in decades, IMO), should be added to the list. I'm just not convinced that they have enough depth and firepower, to be considered a legitimate Championship threat.

It is my humble opinion that Tennessee's 2009-2010 AAA State Champion (whoever it is.....Memphis-area or otherwise) absolutely deserves to be ranked in the final Top-10 National rankings!

Let the games begin....