Best Teams in East Tn??

gohard

What What! Roll Tribe. It is baseball time for sure.

DB had a good scrimmage yesterday vs. Webb. I wasn't able to attend but heard alot about it. Good luck to Webb this season and thanks for coming up. Evidently Wormsley is all that has been said. I understand he went deep behind 3rd... back hand grab... turn and threw the runner out at 1st. Highlight play of the day. Looks like East Tennessee will represent this year several great teams in the area.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Knoxville, I see Farragut and Catholic placing 1-2 in their district. Bearden may make some noise, but lost a lot from last year. Powell and Halls shapes up to be a good ole fashion pennant race right down to the wire. Those will be fun games to watch!

Other teams to watch would include Webb, Gibbs, and my sleeper, West.

Missed the Farragut opener last night, but headed to Webb tonight to see the Spartans!

I agree with Farragut & Powell. I know Gibbs returns their strong pitching, and in AA should go far into the State Tourney this year. Seymour is always good, but remember they have jumped to AAA this year, could be a factor.

One left off is Sevier Co. This should be one of the better SC Teams in school history and should make some noise in the IMAC.

Broke school record in wins last year, has one of the best hitters in the area in Zach Flynn and will have 5 senior starters that have all played since they were Freshman. We have already scrimmaged Catholic & Bearden beating both. We did not face eithers ace, but we faced their best hitters & everyone else on their pitching staff.

I am pretty sure Catholic & Bearden would agree with me on this.

OK I AM PRETTY SURE THE ONLY REASON WHY SC BEAT BEARDEN AND CATHOLIC IS BECAUSE BOTH TEAMS PITCHED A DIFFERENT PICTCHER EVERY INNING IF THEY DIDNT SC WOULD NOT HAVE BEATIN THEM,NOT EVEN CLOSE. BEARDEN AND CATHOLIC HAVE PRETTY SOLID CLUBS THIS YEAR AND WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE REG. SEASON!

rabbits i wouldnt say that the games wouldnt have been close. last year when bearden and sc were in the same district sc beat bearden at their place. bearden has lost a lot from last years team and sc has returned all but 2 starters. ask any coach in the area and they will all tell you that sc is very capable of beating both teams and when they scrimmaged sc dominated all areas of the games they played with both bearden and catholic

Coach Lance Traywick has been at SC for 4 years with this year being 5. The seniors from last year set the school record for most career wins along with last years team setting the season school record with 22 wins. Coach Traywick came from Pigeon Forge where he was an assistant under Coach Cannon.

Traywick has changed the attitude at SC along with the expectations. SC does have a baseball program, and we are pretty good! We expect to compete and even win. This is coming after the SC baseball program had some very bad years early in the decade before Traywick. One thing he demands is dedication. With this being said, this is one of his best traits, dedication. Coach AC Willis has been with him since day one. He deserves just as much credit for the success of the Program!

Rabbit....You have your opinion, and I respect that. Only time will tell just how good all the teams in East TN really are. Everyone needs to have Good Luck from time to time. I wish all teams good luck and a injury free season! I love watching a Good Close HS ballgame! Nothing like it! :thumb:

CAK played a solid game against us, SC. You can definitely see Pharr's influence already! I did not realize that he brought at least one assistant coach with him. CAK should be a team to deal with in their division this year!

I know with us, along with the other teams, we were out of pitching in the last game! I personally am glad that they cancelled the Sunday games. I don't know if we would have made it with a 3-1 record, but we did not have a pitcher left. We have district games Mon & Tues and we used all pitchers this weekend. We had a few underclassmen get quite a few innings and very valuable experience! Wasn't it great weather and great to be at the baseball field!?! :thumb: