District 15 A Championship

cublover91

I think my post has been taken the wrong way about the behaviour. I think most fans in the heat of the game say and do things that are not appropriate. This will always be a part of the game. However, I was always taught to try and win with grace. I feel that we need to teach our children this as well. I agree with the previous post that this behaviour takes away from the great game that was played by Scotts Hill. I wish them well in the regionals and I know they will have the support of their fan base.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the problem.....that type of stuff could easily escalte with oppsoing teams fans...espeically if a game were to end with questionable calls down the stretch or if a game is really physical....or for that matter even if the game isn't even in doubt....keep in mind it only takes a small spark to light a fire. It would be sad to have a riot because fans don't know how to conduct themselves.....the state of TN has already had a few incidents between opposing fans this season. Fans taunting fans and teams is just asking for something to escalate and blow up. Sometimes passions can run high on both sides and it only takes one incident to have something that could get out of control.

well i guess next time scotts hill will wait on the coach outside so everyone will stop crying about having water on the floor. now lets get back of the subject of BASKETBALL rather than trashing our fans.

I wish we could get back to basketball on this thread but it's not gona happen cause I have tried multiple times to do so. If yall want to talk BASKETBALL and I MEAN BASKETBALL go to the thread that is titled District 15 and 16 A Regional Tournement! Don't bring all this talk about people's fans over there!!

well i guess next time scotts hill will wait on the coach outside so everyone will stop crying about having water on the floor. now lets get back of the subject of BASKETBALL rather than trashing our fans.

If the student section at Scotts Hill would have displayed good sportsmanship after the game, this discussion would not be taking place. You can show great enthusiasm for your team without being a poor sport. Nobody is trashing the fans of Scotts Hill. It was the behavior of the Scotts Hill STUDENTS that is being questioned. The taunt that they "cheered" after the game could have lead to a very explosive situation after the game as it was a very tight and intense game from the opening tip to the final buzzer.

shhs20106, and the rest of the students at SH need to learn the difference between acceptable and unacceptable behavior. THAT is the bottom line.

Unfortunately, the behavior of the Scotts Hill student section AFTER the game has overshadowed the outstanding effort displayed by the Scotts Hill basketball team DURING the game.

I been reading all of the posts that everyone has put on here. Right now I am upset at all the things that are being said. Obviously those of you that has said bad things on here about SHHS, you don't know anything about Scotts Hill. Yes, we have a fan base. We have a GREAT fan base and the kids are just having fun. At least you're not hearing none of the kids cursing at the other side like I have witnessed at other schools. I have been appalled. At least the kids are at a sporting event and not getting into trouble else where. If you really knew Scotts Hill you would also know that the principal is the best out there. He runs a strict school and the kids know that. Yes, there is an exception here and there. SHHS has the best kids and the best faculty around. Really, it comes down to this. There is always taunting by both sides at every sporting event know to man. If you can't handle that....don't come!

All of this is rediculous. I can agree with some of the post from SH, but I can also disagree with a lot. You might have a good school, but acting poorly at school sponsered events overshadow everything good your school has done. Yes, you may be back to back district champs..take a seat along with Adamsville who has been back to back and even Middleton who has been back to back. There is no need for "you suck" chants or dumping water on the court. You won the district championship, do you see NBA teams dumping water on the coach when they win the NBA Championship? No...play hard and act civil. Congratulate the other team for making it this far dont tell them they arent as good as you because any othere day they just might be.

I meant historically the past 10 years maybe i can remember when they werent very good. Its funny SH fans were on here doin a Rodney Dangerfield now they show no respect to their opponents. You dont hear people say stuff like that about Liberty or White Station or Ridgeway or Union City or Bolivar all those teams have had continued success while maintaining good sportmanship. Hopefully that post about 3 or 4 above me is not an good example of general SH fan behavior. And again Stay Classy Scotts Hill

The posts about the coons was absolutely ridiculous and does not represtent what scotts hill is about. And for the chant, it does say anywhere in it "you suck". I can see where people could get mad about the dumping of the water but all they have to do is send scotts hill a bill for it and the adminstration will prevent this from happening in the future. Everyone is blowing this way out of porportion

Two teams in Western KY..just north of where I live...got into a big fight during the game due to "fan behavior." And, it was just this type of behavior that led to several fans going to jail, and the schools having to deal with the authorities at many levels about controlling things.

cheering for your school is one thing, but getting out of control and chanting vulgar phrases is quite another. This kind of "cheering" can lead to fights and jail time. It should not be a part of high school games. Sad.