Greenbrier - 2009-10 District 9AA Tournament Champs!

5-Sport Dad

UNbelievable! The 5th seed beats a very good Macon Co. squad tonight at Vol State and if I read the brackets correctly, they will host CPA Saturday night at 7.

All-District: Craig Bradshaw and Seth Pemberton. All-District Tournament: Alex Porter, Sam Rhoten and Craig Bradshaw (MVP).

Everything from now on is 'gravy,' so have some fun and try to keep Alex and Seth's senior years goin' a little while longer.

Congrats!

Congratulations to Greenbrier. I'm not surprised they won their district. They have a lot of talent. Bradshaw may be the best sophomore in the state. I saw them handle Harpeth easily in the Overton Tourney. Not sure why they have lost as many games as they have, but they seem to be playing well as of late.

BUT Mapelwood, MLK, CPA and Hume Fogg will not be "gravy".

doc,

You're an observant fan. Don't know why they lost as many as they did either...except that they played some tough teams (LaVergne, East Lit, Creek Wood, Overton, Springfield, Macon Co., White House, Sycamore) and they're very young. Also, new coach/new system, yada, yada, yada... Most coaches - no matter what level - usually only dream of teams that start to peak at tournament time.

I never meant to imply that any of those teams...or any subsequent opponents...are 'gravy.' They may not win another game this season. But, then again, they certainly may. What I shoulda said is one thing's for sure: No matter what happens now, this late-season success will only serve to bolster future teams. And with such a young team, that's all good.