region 4aa

swipper

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sequatchie Valley District is like Rodney Dangerfield, they get no respect. Good luck to the Lady Yellow Jackets from Grundy County. They seem to be getting their 1998 swagger back. Keep working hard girls. As for the rest of the district, CCS can play with anyone when they are on......flip the switch Lady Chargers and let it roll. Sequatchie and Bledsoe are talented you never know people.................I look forward to the scoreboards later tonight, District 7AA will be well represented.

Really - The Sequatchie Valley District is now 0-14 against 8-AA and lost tonights games by around 80 points. The 1-4 match-up was a 16 point game - so really.

Really - The Sequatchie Valley District is now 0-14 against 8-AA and lost tonights games by around 80 points. The 1-4 match-up was a 16 point game - so really.

As I posted, the 7AA District Campionship was well scouted.

The largest group was the Dekalb bunch, 7or8 players plus the whole coaching staff. ;)

The entire LA coaching staff was there.

Coach Dodgen was there.

I rode there with the bigest GoooBeees fan, but I don't think the Upperman coach would listen to him. I know his daughter don't. :o

The sweep isn't terribly surprising, even the DeKalb win as Grundy, though the district tournament champ, wasn't significantly better than the other teams except Notre Dame. The margin was a little surprising. All four teams in it from 7AA will return a lot of players next year so maybe there will be better opportunities for some first round wins and maybe more after that.

At Upperman, Sequatchie did some good things here and there but it wasn't enough against a really good team. Final was 48-27. Sequatchie led 6-2 to start but trailed 14-10 after one. Halftime was 29-14. Sequatchie had 3 quick turnovers to open the third quarter, just silly stuff, helping to break the game open more. They cut it back to 13 about halfway through the third with a pair of 3s but the lead grew back to 39-20 by end of third, remained around that mark the rest of the game.

Sequatchie's Barker (sophomore guard) had 14 points, 13 rebounds. McAfee (sophomore post) had 8 points, 9 rebounds, Lawson (sophomore post) had 5 points, 6 rebounds. Only 3 scored so it goes without saying wider contributions are needed again an Upperman. Six played, which should increase next year as was mentioned previously. All six of those return, a junior wing who missed about the last 10 games and was third in scoring will return, some of the sophomores and freshmen, plus at least one entering freshman, also all have the opportunity to push for playing time. One of the sophomore guards likely would have been seeing more action if not for an injury right before the season started. She returned after Christmas but never got into the swing of things.

For Upperman Biles had 17, Dyer 14.

The Reg. 4AA brackets are now the same as the district 8AA semifinals.

It's time for all to bring their A game.

Should be interesting. If there are decent refs in these games they may be one for the ages. LA vs. Upperman should be the best game and i would think is way to close a match up to call. That game usuall happens in the region championship game so neither team is eliminated but not this time so both have there seasons on the line i expect a thriller. Cannon vs. Dekalb could be a good match up can you win four straight times in a season? This could be a upset esp if cannon plays like they did against Upperman in the champ. game. But in 8AA anything is possiable on any given night. Good Luck to all and go HOGEYE.

I agree with Indian, Sequatchie will be back to the level they were 2 or 3 years ago. Need a little time to get in sync.

That will be a tall order, but it's possible. The team from 2-3 years ago featured 3 now playing in college, 2 Division I starters as freshmen and one who's a medical redshirt at Lee, a strong NAIA team. Two others could have probably had played small college/junior college.

Without taking too much time from the teams still competing this year, Sequatchie has some quickness, some height, and the team plays hard. Defense the last couple of weeks was decent to really good, scoring was a problem. A big positive is that each player, from the leading scorers to the girls who rarely got off the bench, knows the individual specifics and areas of the game that need improvement. Those specifics will be stressed in June for every girl.