Region 1A

az5

I listened to the North Greene and Cosby game on the radio, and I know it was a greeneville based radio station, but was the officiating as bad as Marty Ricker made it seem? I have heard the guys from WIKQ bash the officials on a regular basis while on the air but NEVER this bad! He spent more time complaining and talking about how awful the referees were than he did doing his job-ANNOUNCING THE GAME!!! It was getting really annoying after the 200th time I heard him say "Wow...go figure another foul on North Greene...these guys are terrible! Fans this is the worst officiated game I have ever called...and BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!" I was starting to think Burt Bertlecamp was doing high school basketball games now :thumb:

There was only about 15 fouls called the whole game! Neither team got in the bonus at all in the first half and N.G had to foul twice at the end of the game before they could put Cosby in the bonus so they could get the ball back late. Cosby is a lot bigger than N.G and their little guys had to climb and push alot to get a rebound.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, can anyone tell me where are those "Little Devils" from Greensville High School that came down and beat Red Bank in Chattanooga in football and then told me to wait until BB season. I can't find them? For the time being Red Bank is still playing. But the have a very hard game next against Tyner. And the Rams could be the best team in TN. If not them watch out for ask district team Howard. It really depends upon which one of these three teams come ready to play. I feel sorry for the coaches of all three programs. Their jobs are not easy and they do not get paid all that much! So it must because they love what they are doing. So if they lose at this point in the season take it easy on them all. You win and you lose as a team. Did I misspell team? TeIam?

jwc

Hey, can anyone tell me where are those "Little Devils" from Greensville High School that came down and beat Red Bank in Chattanooga in football and then told me to wait until BB season. I can't find them? For the time being Red Bank is still playing. But the have a very hard game next against Tyner. And the Rams could be the best team in TN. If not them watch out for ask district team Howard. It really depends upon which one of these three teams come ready to play. I feel sorry for the coaches of all three programs. Their jobs are not easy and they do not get paid all that much! So it must because they love what they are doing. So if they lose at this point in the season take it easy on them all. You win and you lose as a team. Did I misspell team? TeIam?

jwc

NO. But I can tell you that you are in the wrong thread. This is a Region 1-A thread. :D:roflol:

jwc

NO. But I can tell you that you are in the wrong thread. This is a Region 1-A thread. :D:thumb:

That's funny! :thumb:

i dont know how you can say that when you probably havnt seen cosby play. they have two posts averaging close to 20 a game and have three guards that can score 25 on any givin night. they are prety dangerous. and them being on a 17 game win streak helps too!

There is an obvious reason Cosby had such a gawdy record. Look at there schedule. Has to be the easiest in the state... Who ever Cosby's coach is, he did them an injustice by putting together this pitiful excuse of a schedule. There is no way he could have gotten his team ready for the post-season playing the teams they did .

The 1-3-1 that the Hampton fans have complained about for the past 3 years saved them tonight.

Dawgs ran a 2-3 for the first 3 quarters and Cosby killed them in the paint. When they switched to 5, it was a turnover machine. Luckily, they pulled it out.

Not a good game at all by Hampton. It might have been the worst 3 quarters I have seen them play all year. Hassett struggled, but played an awesome 4th quarter when Hampton needed it most. Trusler played a very solid game. Ward turned it on in the 4th. Hughes continued his dominating play with 25 points.

I'm glad Hampton has got this game past them. This was a trap game if I ever seen one. I'm looking forward to the championship Thursday and round 4 with Cloudland. As loud as the crowd was tonight, I can only imagine what it will be like when Hampton and Roan Mountain fill the stands in 2 days.

I dont see how in the world you can call the game between Hampton and Cosby a TRAP game for hampton. i guess you dont know the definition of a trap game. that was 2 really good teams going at it and one winning which is what had to happen. both these teams get almost everyone back and i look forward to these teams meeting again next year.

It was somewhat of a trap game for Hampton and i know that doesn't make a lot of sense because of how good Cosby is. I know the coaches were not looking over Cosby at all but the players did notice that Cosby only beat NG by a few points and Hampton absolutely Crushed NG all 3 times they played this year. I don't think Hampton was expecting Cosby to be as good as they were. One of the Hampton players said after the game that Cosby was in fact probably 25-30 pts better than NG and didn't know how NG kept it that close. Hampton did play pretty bad and will have to play much better to beat Cloudland. Cosby's size and athletic ability with the size did impress me. They were really tough around the goal on offense and defense. That all being said, Cosby does need to schedule a little tougher next year. Hampton played 4 good 2A teams twice each and one of them 3 times. They played 3 other 2A teams once each. They also played 4 good 3A teams this year. That is 16 games this year playing teams in a higher classification! That's not counting playing Cloudland 3 times so far!