EAST HAMILTON HURRICANES

BEAST27

Its almost Football time again and I hear that the Hurricanes are looking good ...they say they dont look like the same team that played last year. Coach Hendersons workouts has put 20-3- lbs on some and leaned some up that needed to shed some weight. All of them are stronger and faster. Apparently there were a few that decided not to play this year, but there is some new talent out there that I hear is impressive. 7 on 7 drills last week against LFO and Lookout Valley...Canes looked good. Camp starts this week with pads and the hitting starts. We will see then who steps up and wants to play. I also hear that sod goes down on the new football field this week and the Canes should be playing on their own field come the end of August. Good Luck Hurricanes.

...Do the 'Canes scrimmage this week or next and if so against what teams???

Its almost Football time again and I hear that the Hurricanes are looking good ...they say they dont look like the same team that played last year. Coach Hendersons workouts has put 20-30 lbs on some and leaned some up that needed to shed some weight. All of them are stronger and faster. Apparently there were a few that decided not to play this year, but there is some new talent out there that I hear is impressive. During 7 on 7 drills last week against LFO and Lookout Valley...Canes looked good. Camp starts this week with pads and the hitting starts. We will see then who steps up and wants to play. I also hear that sod goes down on the new football field this week and the Canes should be playing on their own field come the end of August. Good Luck Hurricanes.

...How did the 'Canes' do against Cleveland this past Friday?? From the article(below) it looks like it may have been a long afternoon:

http://www.clevelandbanner.com/view/full_story/8957197/article-First-taste-of-football-is-pleasant?instance=main_article

...How did the 'Canes' do against Cleveland this past Friday?? From the article(below) it looks like it may have been a long afternoon:

http://www.clevelandbanner.com/view/full_story/8957197/article-First-taste-of-football-is-pleasant?instance=main_article

WOW! I don't know who wrote that column but the obviously know nothing about football. Cleveland didn't score 10 touchdowns. E.H. played fairly well against an experienced, deep team. There is tremendous room for improvement though. East Hamilton is getting better everytime they step on the field to practice, scrimmage, or workout.

WOW! I don't know who wrote that column but the obviously know nothing about football. Cleveland didn't score 10 touchdowns. E.H. played fairly well against an experienced, deep team. There is tremendous room for improvement though. East Hamilton is getting better everytime they step on the field to practice, scrimmage, or workout.

First of all I am a long time Owl fan. I know several EH dads from when their kids played for Ootlewah as well as a couple of dads from the Blue Raiders that I use to work with and that is where I am getting this information. All have told me the same thing. FIrst, the score was 7 to 2 but Cleveland could have score more with ease against a EH defense that lacked a big play maker, as well as missed assignments by the secondary. They also all said the same thing about the Cleveland's QB being the real deal and hitting all his passing attempts as well as receivers who could break free and make the catches. The strong point for the Hurricanes is their offensive line and their ability to make big holes for the running backs. Apparently they are still having troubles with one kid turning the ball over but said his replacement look sharp. Just got off the phone with one dad who said the Hurricanes will be playing Bradley County tonight. I may just have to go and see this for myself so I don't have to be misled by bashers and haters on this message board. I hate to say it but some of my fellow Owl brethren are the worst.

Good luck Hurricanes this season and GO OWLS!!!

First of all I am a long time Owl fan. I know several EH dads from when their kids played for Ootlewah as well as a couple of dads from the Blue Raiders that I use to work with and that is where I am getting this information. All have told me the same thing. FIrst, the score was 7 to 2 but Cleveland could have score more with ease against a EH defense that lacked a big play maker, as well as missed assignments by the secondary. They also all said the same thing about the Cleveland's QB being the real deal and hitting all his passing attempts as well as receivers who could break free and make the catches. The strong point for the Hurricanes is their offensive line and their ability to make big holes for the running backs. Apparently they are still having troubles with one kid turning the ball over but said his replacement look sharp. Just got off the phone with one dad who said the Hurricanes will be playing Bradley County tonight. I may just have to go and see this for myself so I don't have to be misled by bashers and haters on this message board. I hate to say it but some of my fellow Owl brethren are the worst.

Good luck Hurricanes this season and GO OWLS!!!

...So what was the result of the Bradley Central - East Hamilton scrimmage??

...So what was the result of the Bradley Central - East Hamilton scrimmage??

I got there late but it did not matter. The scrimmage was delayed due to the storm that blew through the area. The final score was 2 to 1 Bradley on top. Neither team looked to be very strong this year. EH threw about 10 passes and they were all ran to the wrong side of the QB. He had to throw across his body every time. Don't understand the play calling. Also, it looked like the kid was told who to throw it to as the open receiver never saw the ball because the QB would throw into double coverage. EH's running game looked decent at times. Their offensive line looked really good. On defense, they missed too many easy tackles. On one play they missed about four tackles on the sideline before the Bradley guy turned and ran back across the field and then taking it the distance. However, it was called back due to a block in the back. EH still seems young and they lack the big play guy on both sides of the ball. Bradley had some size but seemed to be lacking speed. Only one or two quick guys. Their QB was not in the same league as Cleveland's I was told. If you did get pressure on him, he struggled. Both sides seemed to have a lot of fan support based on the szie of the crowd. Overall, it was short due to the weather and a scuffle that ended the scrimmage. Not sure what started the scuffle but I saw a bunch of Bradley guys throwing around one EH guy. DID NOT LIKE SEEING THEIR LACK OF CLASS. EH cleared the bench but the coaches reigned them in quickly. Good job coaches.

I hear Tyner is going to be good this year. Not sure how our Owls are gong to be based on this board. Sounds like Benny did not leave us with much and that may be why he made a late departure. Take it easy on us, look forward to playing you all again, I know yall want revenge for last year.

I got there late but it did not matter. The scrimmage was delayed due to the storm that blew through the area. The final score was 2 to 1 Bradley on top. Neither team looked to be very strong this year. EH threw about 10 passes and they were all ran to the wrong side of the QB. He had to throw across his body every time. Don't understand the play calling. Also, it looked like the kid was told who to throw it to as the open receiver never saw the ball because the QB would throw into double coverage. EH's running game looked decent at times. Their offensive line looked really good. On defense, they missed too many easy tackles. On one play they missed about four tackles on the sideline before the Bradley guy turned and ran back across the field and then taking it the distance. However, it was called back due to a block in the back. EH still seems young and they lack the big play guy on both sides of the ball. Bradley had some size but seemed to be lacking speed. Only one or two quick guys. Their QB was not in the same league as Cleveland's I was told. If you did get pressure on him, he struggled. Both sides seemed to have a lot of fan support based on the szie of the crowd. Overall, it was short due to the weather and a scuffle that ended the scrimmage. Not sure what started the scuffle but I saw a bunch of Bradley guys throwing around one EH guy. DID NOT LIKE SEEING THEIR LACK OF CLASS. EH cleared the bench but the coaches reigned them in quickly. Good job coaches.

I hear Tyner is going to be good this year. Not sure how our Owls are gong to be based on this board. Sounds like Benny did not leave us with much and that may be why he made a late departure. Take it easy on us, look forward to playing you all again, I know yall want revenge for last year.

...Good report, 'BattleCat' and thanks, not sure why we are having so many scuffles after these scrimmages this year...seems like a lack of discipline but not knowing what caused it: "I will remain neutral"...Tyner just needs to play ball and don't believe the "hype" that is said and printed...if the guys do that(and I am sure that they will or Coach Turner will bring thm back to reality) they should be alright...just looking for a well played game on the 20th!!!

Will this mean that East Hamilton will be AAA/6A next year since it is the largest school in Hamilton County, even bigger than Ooltewah and Soddy-Daisy, the only AAA/6A schools in the county?

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/aug/12/countys-largest-school-already-over-capacity-its-s/

They were going by the whole middle and high school enrollment, about 1975. I'd guess the lower grades would each be higher on average than in 9 through 12 at least this year but I'd still estimate the 9-12 number to be about 1100, with it probably being more next year. That would likely put them in Class AAA/5A football playoffs.

Funny how they talked of a solution being just shifting some back to Ooltewah, since a major reason EH was needed was Ooltewah overcrowding. Meanwhile you have a number of former AAA level schools now in AA-East Ridge, Brainerd, Central, Tyner, Hixson, Red Bank and in some years Howard, most likely they have lots of desks that could be filled.

• 3 weeks later...