Creek Wood vs Marshall County

MC1992

I really don't know a lot about Creek Wood, but I've heard a little bit. This game is hard to call because MC hasn't played CW and vice versa. Everyone always try to go by other teams margin of victory. For example, if CW beat Giles by 21, and MC beat Giles by 12, then CW should beat MC. Well, Giles knows MC very well, so when you play teams you know it's a lot easier to prepare. This game could come down to free throws or turnovers. Hopefully the refs will call a good game. Both teams have worked hard and deserve to win the game on their own and not with the refs help. All I know is that this should be a great ballgame. Both teams need to be on their game. Cw from what I heard played a good game Saturday. MC didn't play very well Saturday, don't know if it was the week off or just looking past Waverly. If MC is on their game they're a really tough team to beat, so hopefully they'll be on their game tomorrow night. They'll probably be the underdog so that should help motivate them. Shouts out to Kedren, Jamie, Jordan, Dre, Kevin, Brock, Dillon, Barry,and the whole MC Tiger crew. Go Marshall County Tigers!!!!!! :thumb:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MC will win this game.CW has a tendency not to play good in big games.Look at what they did in district tournament. Two really lackluster performances to Harpeth and Mc. They are a good team but I dont believe they can or will step up to the level of competition.Hope they do but Im not holding my breath.Marshall has great tradition,CW really has none to speak of.Cw may be in awe of the atmosphere.Marshall will not be.Only my opinion,we will see.

I believe this game could very well bcome an instant classic. Creek Wood will not play like they did in the district tournament. The district tournament was playing the same teams over that you had already beaten convincingly during the regular season. That was definitely not CW best games. CW scored 36 points in the third quarter alone against GC.That is not bad for a team that is known for its defense. I have the utmost respect for Marshall County, they are very good. CW has worked very hard to get where they are. There schedule was not tough, but it is hard to win 22 games in a row. I believe this game may be the most important in the schools short history, did make it to substate 2 years ago, but that team was happy to get to that point. I believe these guys have bigger goals. Good luck to both teams.

I really don't know a lot about Creek Wood, but I've heard a little bit. This game is hard to call because MC hasn't played CW and vice versa. Everyone always try to go by other teams margin of victory. For example, if CW beat Giles by 21, and MC beat Giles by 12, then CW should beat MC. Well, Giles knows MC very well, so when you play teams you know it's a lot easier to prepare. This game could come down to free throws or turnovers. Hopefully the refs will call a good game. Both teams have worked hard and deserve to win the game on their own and not with the refs help. All I know is that this should be a great ballgame. Both teams need to be on their game. Cw from what I heard played a good game Saturday. MC didn't play very well Saturday, don't know if it was the week off or just looking past Waverly. If MC is on their game they're a really tough team to beat, so hopefully they'll be on their game tomorrow night. They'll probably be the underdog so that should help motivate them. Shouts out to Kedren, Jamie, Jordan, Dre, Kevin, Brock, Dillon, Barry,and the whole MC Tiger crew. Go Marshall County Tigers!!!!!! :thumb:

Hey MC1992, if anything, a week off should help you prepare for your next game, not hinder your playing ability. I can tell by the way you talk that you're a straight up retard. "MC hasn't played CW and vice versa". If MC hasnt played CW, that's the same thing as saying CW hasnt played MC. No need for a vice versa. Anyways..someone said earlier that CW doesn't play well in big games..apparently neither does MC bc they choked in their district championship unlike CW..and ask GC about CW..they'll tell you they can hoop..bring your A+ game bc your A game isn't good enough to even compete with the Woods Jv team.. and since you're giving your "shouts out" (moron) haha i'ma give some SHOUT OUTS to my boys at CW..Big V, Aaron, X, Deason, Crow, Clements and Burgess. :thumb:

Well I've seen CreekWood several times and Marshall once that being the game they played against Waverly. I didn't come away very impressed other than the Johnson kid. He is the real deal but he has very little supporting cast. Waverly didn't play very well against them that night as they didn't hit a lot of shots that they normally hit. It was close through out.

I say Creek Wood wins this game by 12 pts. Keep Johnson's points to a minimum and and it could be a very long night for Marshall.

Ive never seen CW play but from what i hear I am excited to see this game. Those of you saying MC choked in the championship game must not know much about the district. MC and SH always play each other tight. This match up will be good though because i hear CW has a dominant post game and Kedren Johnson loves to drive to the hole. I personally hope CW wins because I would love to see the 2 district champs battle it out for the region. SH doesn't have a great post game but they can have a chance to beat CW with their long range jumpers and they are a very quick team so they can definitely push the tempo or match CW's tempo. But that is only if they don't over look page.

dude4real, I'm not on here to talk crazy or bash anyone, but I'm going to assume you're a young immature little boy for using the word retard. Seriously, how many mature adults even have retard in their vocabulary. Don't have any issues with you, but my advice to you would be grow up and stay in a child's place. With that said, Go Marshall County!!!! :roflol:

I have said this on several occassions, Marshall County is not a good team....they play in a weak district. They do not have any top notch victories this year....they dont play in any good tournaments....The coach does not prepare them for tournament time.....and for those reasons they will remain a below average team, with a stud player in Kedren Johnson. Kedren gets most of his attention on the AAU circuit, not because he plays for Marshall County. Having said all that....I haved not seen CW play, but I hear they have a pretty good team. Marshall County's biggest break will come if they make it to substate...they dont have to play anyone from the west this year.....because of re-alignment....their substate will be their former region opponets.... David Lipscomb, CPA, MLK etc.

I have said this on several occassions, Marshall County is not a good team....they play in a weak district. They do not have any top notch victories this year....they dont play in any good tournaments....The coach does not prepare them for tournament time.....and for those reasons they will remain a below average team, with a stud player in Kedren Johnson. Kedren gets most of his attention on the AAU circuit, not because he plays for Marshall County. Having said all that....I haved not seen CW play, but I hear they have a pretty good team. Marshall County's biggest break will come if they make it to substate...they dont have to play anyone from the west this year.....because of re-alignment....their substate will be their former region opponets.... David Lipscomb, CPA, MLK etc.

I agree neuntyn as you can see with my posts above. Without Johnson, Marshall might not have made it out of their District tournament. He is the team. He's a man among boys. Waverly when they played them, could beat Marshall by 10-15 pts. without Johnson and our record was 10-18. Each time Johnson had to come out of the game for foul trouble Waverly began to catch them and even at that they never really pulled away. The final total was very misleading since they got some garbage baskets and free throws at end. In fact, Marshall was holding the ball at the beginning of the fourth quarter to avoid a comeback by Waverly. Creek Wood will win if they play any where near their potential.

CPA and David Lipscomb are out. Maplewood is the team that will eliminate one of these teams in the substate. The Greenbrier vs. MLK game is toss up. Maplewoood is probably the only mid-state team that may be able to compete with the west TN teams.

I've sworn a vow of silence on these boards until tonight (after CW wins), but I just want to say that dude4real sounds like he knows what he is talking aobut. Think about it, CW is ranked number 2 in defense, and marshall has Johnson along with maybe 4 set shooters. I give the wood a win by 15+

correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt creekwood have about at least 8 guarantee shooters? compared to as clownshoes said 5? i dont know but i'm just ready to see the W for CW tonight even though i cannot make it to the game. either way i think it should be a good game till halftime then it'll be done after. i say CW 64-51