Still upset that East Hamilton charges $3 to park

blitzinbuc

I agree that this fee should be an optional donation. To those of you that this really bothers, ask yourself these questions:

1) Does my kid really need a 250.00 bat for fastpitch or baseball?

2) Do I really need to spend 300.00 next weekend going out of town for that travel soccer or softball tourney? (by the way, your kids not playing in college)

3) Does my stay at home wife really need a Lexus SUV to go to the store?

(hun, when you're out, pick me up 20.00 in powerball tickets. my 1/3,000,000 chance may hit.

4) Does my middle school daughter really need that 200.00 cell phone?

5) Will that new 400.00 Taylormade driver help me break 100?

6) Does Andy Griffith look a lot better on that 60" plasma?

While over the top, my point is we all waste money on stupid items, it's only 3-5.00. Good luck to the teams still playing.

Cleveland did charge 5 dollars to park last year at region the volleyball team was doing it. This year McMinn did not charge to park nor did Warren Co neither charged for small children so if tssaa sets the charges I quess they broke the rules!!!!!!!

You are misinformed come to POLK COUNTY we have never charged to park at ANY athletic event! We have found other ways to raise money to support our programs. We did not have athletic fields at our new school(opened in 2003) we played football at the middle school till 2006. We never had an on campus baseball or softball field. Baseball built one with fund raisers in 2007 and softball played their first games on their new field last year!So you don't have to fleece fans I was upset about paying the parking fee last night and was told when I protested "I'm sorry" as he took the money!

You are precisely right, and I commend the efforts of Polk County fans in acomplishing what they have done in such a short time. Your facilities are a result of a lot of hard work, sweat, and donations by many. If East Hamilton's fans, parents, and community puts forth the same effort, they'll have those nice fields in a few short years.

By the way, I posted on here in another thread on here that East Hamilton's Principal has stated there won't be any attempt to fleece fans for parking during the remainder of the Region 3AA tournament.

Agreed. The funds should come through the efforts of the student body and School administration. Let's be realistic here..don't penalize the fans for coming to support your team (who may not be that good anyways).

Blitzinbuc,

Are you proud of yourself? You didn't have to pay $3 on your next trip to East Hamilton! I know some of the folks over there ... before you make all your accusations and post multiple times, understand that every postseason football game, even ones at Polk County charges for parking. Now, I understand that this is basketball, but why shouldn't playoff basketball have a parking charge? The folks at East Hamilton contacted Wanda Belt from TSSAA, who gave permission to take up $ for parking as a Donation. When East Hamilton used parent volunteers, apparently one of the parents did not understand the donation part of it. I just can't believe that a $3 donation is going to break you ... don't even pretend that Polk County has not charged at this level of the postseason in Football. Quit slandering a new school who is trying to get their programs going ... get a job and get off the internet making posts OVER 3 FREAKING DOLLARS!

I didn't think they could "legally" charge for parking on a Public school property...I thought it had to be a Donation...

Exactly.....which is why I asked the guy if it was mandatory. He shifted his eyes and said yes, then tried to say it had something to do with the TSSAA. I told his that was BS and wanted to argue with him more but the spouse just handed him the $3.00 because a cop was coming over there and there was a line of vehicles behind us. I'm so stubborn that I would have pulled to the side to argue my case with him and the cop.

I wrote an e-mail letter this morning to East Hamilton's Principal, Mrs. Pam Dantzler ([email protected]). I hope many other's do too.

Leave the East Hamilton Principal out of it ... DON'T YOU THINK SHE HAS SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT TO DO THAN REPLY TO EMAILS FROM A BUNCH OF CHEAPSKATES WHO ARE GRIPING OVER 3 FREAKIN' DOLLARS??? If you are going to list her email address, then list yours as well!

Blitzinbuc,

Are you proud of yourself? You didn't have to pay $3 on your next trip to East Hamilton! I know some of the folks over there ... before you make all your accusations and post multiple times, understand that every postseason football game, even ones at Polk County charges for parking. Now, I understand that this is basketball, but why shouldn't playoff basketball have a parking charge? The folks at East Hamilton contacted Wanda Belt from TSSAA, who gave permission to take up $ for parking as a Donation. When East Hamilton used parent volunteers, apparently one of the parents did not understand the donation part of it. I just can't believe that a $3 donation is going to break you ... don't even pretend that Polk County has not charged at this level of the postseason in Football. Quit slandering a new school who is trying to get their programs going ... get a job and get off the internet making posts OVER 3 FREAKING DOLLARS!

MR. BSLeague

Polk County DOES NOT charge for parking at any football game and this DOES include playoff games. If you don't believe me try it. :roflol:

I didn't think they could "legally" charge for parking on a Public school property...I thought it had to be a Donation...

Exactly.....which is why I asked the guy if it was mandatory. He shifted his eyes and said yes, then tried to say it had something to do with the TSSAA. I told his that was BS and wanted to argue with him more but the spouse just handed him the $3.00 because a cop was coming over there and there was a line of vehicles behind us. I'm so stubborn that I would have pulled to the side to argue my case with him and the cop.

I wrote an e-mail letter this morning to East Hamilton's Principal, Mrs. Pam Dantzler ([email protected]). I hope many other's do too.

Leave the East Hamilton Principal out of it ... DON'T YOU THINK SHE HAS SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT TO DO THAN REPLY TO EMAILS FROM A BUNCH OF CHEAPSKATES WHO ARE GRIPING OVER 3 FREAKIN' DOLLARS??? If you are going to list her email address, then list yours as well!

I agree on this one. Posting the email address was a little much, especially over 3 bucks. I guess we won't see any of these people at the state tournament lol.