ENSWORTH!!!

BigENS

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the chances of "slick rick" buying I mean winning another state title this weekend???

Might, mighty good! All they have to do is take care of the big red this week, like they did both games this season. Hitting on all pins, Ensworth by 16 in the semis and 12 in the finals. State champs.

It was the first game of the season and Ensworth was still without several of it's football players that also start in basketball. Ricky used it as scrimmage game as they had only practiced twice. It was at CPA and the referees were terrible. The fouls were something like 35 - 10.

I was at that game and the CPA students ran on the court after the game like it was the final 4. I think they even cut down the nets (ha). If the team had played a month later it would have been a 30-40 point blow-out.

I know it was early in the season. But, how in the world did CPA beat Ensworth. Wish they could have a home and away series.

It was the first game of the season and Ensworth was still without several of it's football players that also start in basketball. Ricky used it as scrimmage game as they had only practiced twice. It was at CPA and the referees were terrible. The fouls were something like 35 - 10.

I was at that game and the CPA students ran on the court after the game like it was the final 4. I think they even cut down the nets (ha). If the team had played a month later it would have been a 30-40 point blow-out.

I know it was early in the season. But, how in the world did CPA beat Ensworth. Wish they could have a home and away series.

That's why they say it is not where you start but where you finish. No question football and how deep a run a football team has into the playoffs can affect the start of a team's basketball season. Ensworth certainly recovered well.

Careful about criticizing the CPA game and celebration. The CPA girls won the game prior to the boys game in triple overtime. I think the response at the end of the boy's game was enhanced by not being able to celebrate the girls win adequately. My recollection is that Ensworth had it's football players but the platooning that seems to be working nicely for Ensworth now was less than fluid that night. Ensworth never got into a sustained rhythm. They are a great team. Should win the state again. Best of luck to them.

Would it not be ironic if MBA beats EHS in the playoffs after EHS won the 2 regular season games. Both games were close by 3 and 5 point margins.

After this past football season it could happen. I'm sure Coach Ricky will bring that up that awful memory to the basketball team prior to the game.

Coach Kevin has had over a month since the last game with the University of Ensworth and will have a great game plan for his good friend Ricky. I hear Kevin is going to try and substitute for the starting 5 players in the first 15 seconds of the game. He wants to beat Ricky to the punch and have a psychological advantage on who can sub the most during the game.

Another disadvantage for EHS is that they have only played 1 game in the past 16 days, not good if your looking for some momentum this weekend.

It should be really fun tomorrow. I know both teams are really happy that it worked out this way and they get to play again. This is what you wait for all your career. Coach Kevin can game plan all he wants but Ensworth is pretty simple actually. Run as hard as you can for as long as you can and then sit down and let the next five play. That would be fun if MBA subsitutes in the first 15 seconds. I'm quite sure Ensworth would love to play a lot against MBA's second five as the starters at MBA have been very succesful in the first quarter of both games. Ensworth didn't play for 11 days last week and was 7 out of 8 on threes in the first half. Maybe they like having days off. They scored 88 points.

The academic at Ensworth are quite rigorous but I wouldn't put them at the level of a college. Just a very high level private school.

Are you coming to the game?

Would it not be ironic if MBA beats EHS in the playoffs after EHS won the 2 regular season games. Both games were close by 3 and 5 point margins.

After this past football season it could happen. I'm sure Coach Ricky will bring that up that awful memory to the basketball team prior to the game.

Coach Kevin has had over a month since the last game with the University of Ensworth and will have a great game plan for his good friend Ricky. I hear Kevin is going to try and substitute for the starting 5 players in the first 15 seconds of the game. He wants to beat Ricky to the punch and have a psychological advantage on who can sub the most during the game.

Another disadvantage for EHS is that they have only played 1 game in the past 16 days, not good if your looking for some momentum this weekend.