Metro Nashville Football 2010

12NCS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metro is a joke in the coaching world

Where do you coach?

Certainly not in Metro and why does it matter and let me correct myself...there are pockets in Metro where they do have some very good coaches, but they are few and far between.

Certainly not like the good ole days when Metro was the place to be. :roflol:

Where do you coach?

Certainly not in Metro and why does it matter and let me correct myself...there are pockets in Metro where they do have some very good coaches, but they are few and far between.

Certainly not like the good ole days when Metro was the place to be. :o

I agree :ph34r:

There are only 2/12 SCHOOLS IN MNPS that have head coaches who were not hired from within MNPS. That is an alarming number...........plain & simple:

East Literature: couldn't find a guy so they hired Jim Wilson who was a former HC in MNPS at Glencliff

Cane Ridge: hired Greg Abner from Glencliff to be their head coach

Hunters Lane: hired Richard Campbell from Stratford to be their head coach

Hillsboro: hired Dennis Moreno from Hunters Lane (assistant) to be their head coach

Whites Creek: hired Mose Phillips from Hillwood to be their head coach

Hillwood: hired Bubba Spears from East Literature to be their head coach

Maplewood: hired Arcente Broome from McGavock to be their head coach

Stratford: hired Jason Smith (assistant) to be the head coach

Pearl-Cohn: hired Tony Brunetti (assistant) to be the head coach

McGavock: STAY TUNED :)

Glencliff: hired Scott Murray from Beech to be their head coach

Antioch: hired Mike Woodard from Ravenwood to be their head coach

I am not sure where Terry Anderson was prior to be named the head football coach at John Overton. I do know that he is the lone head coach in MNPS that has been at the same school for what I would say is "an extended period of time".

Where do you coach?

Certainly not like the good ole days when Metro was the place to be. :)

Well, you condemned an entire group of guys as a joke in the coaching world so I was wondering what part of that coaching world you are. How would you know who's a joke in the coaching world if you aren't a part of that world? Since you've backed off that statement a little...where are these pockets of good coaches oh wise one?

Thing is we hear NOTHING about folks trying to fix it and how they are going to try from Parents, Teachers, or Administrators. We on the outside talk about it as we do NOT want the problem to spread to us. Settling for mediocroty is something no one should strive for.

When you got a guy on the school board it seems like forever that all he cares about is Pearl/Cohn this and Pearl/Cohn that...you got a problem that will not go away. Metro is a joke in the coaching world and has nobody to blame for it but themselves. It is truly embarrassing to live in Nashville and have to put up with this second rate high school athletics. You didn't want community schools, you wanted busing---well you got what you wanted and what do you have now---nothing ...it is what it is...5 Down and 5 Across.

Trying this metro is. Lawsuits faced will be. Spreading it is. Ravenwood students to Centenial.. start of problem it is. Stops where?

May the fork be with you. :)

Okay, I've been trying to get the inside track on who will be the next HC at McGavock and was slammed with some info I hadn't heard????? Heard Broome was SWEPT AWAY from his position due to some shady, backroom deals formulated by some of his assistants, please someone shed some light!! Is there any truth to that and if so, would that not be the Ultimate Betrayal in not just football but in any sport????!!!!! :flower:

The metro cretins can't post when not in school. Jr. high johnnies will be on soon with metro is great and 56% winning is our goal. J. Gore is rumored to have the job. I thought former BEECH assistant S. Murray would be best choice, but going outside metro incest is better for Mcgavock.

The metro cretins can't post when not in school. Jr. high johnnies will be on soon with metro is great and 56% winning is our goal. J. Gore is rumored to have the job. I thought former BEECH assistant S. Murray would be best choice, but going outside metro incest is better for Mcgavock.

As far as metro not posting.....some things are much more important. That was a very cheap shot. People have lost their homes, lost everything that they have worked hard for, others have been out helping those that have lost everything, helping clean up the neighborhoods that they live in, and you say metro hasnt posted because metro is not in school. Cheap and dirty. No class. And the junior high johnnies comment....Are you actually going to put down teachers who teach at the middle school / junior high level? Are you actually going to try and put down a person who goes out and works with kids on a daily basis? So sad.

As far as your other comments...no one has ever said metro had a goal of winning 56%. I would think that every year every team that steps foot on the field has the goal of winning it all. Thats what every coach and every team really wants. Murray would be a fine choice. However I have said all along that Gore would be a good choice as well. I hope it is him.