Memphis Soph.'s

Guest vet

As TJ will back me up.....

Yet again, Midsouth-hoops completely blew their Rankings, focused mainly on their non-metro Memphis players....

This is the same Rankings that did not have graduated senior and Mr Basketball Finalist Justin Flatt in their Top 20, until after he signed with NC State and got nominated....

Class of 2003, Dyer Co's Brian Fisk also is not ranked, but honorable mention....

Class of 2004 star Charles Hampton is merely #6, while Jackson Northside's star PG Ramon Williams was left off even the "Best of the Rest" list......

Class of 2005 is even further off. Jackson Northside's star G Reginald Delk, who is as good as any player on the entire list (or entire state) is not ranked, but rather "Best of the Rest". Even worse, his twin, Richard Delk, who is arguable just as good, was left off of the entire list altogether. Also, Dyer Co's star PG Antonio Mitchell is also left off the whole list for 2005. Josh Stafford (#17) and Donnell Mayben (#16) are ranked ridiculously low.....

I love looking at the Midsouth-hoops rankings, because ranking players who are different positions, different classifications, and are maturing at different rates is very, very difficult, and Midsouth goes on a limb to do so. But, I am dissapointed nonetheless....... :)

Posted by gomab2:

Yet again, Midsouth-hoops completely blew their Rankings, focused mainly on their non-metro Memphis players....

This is the same Rankings that did not have graduated senior and Mr Basketball Finalist Justin Flatt in their Top 20, until after he signed with NC State and got nominated....

Class of 2003, Dyer Co's Brian Fisk also is not ranked, but honorable mention....

Class of 2004 star Charles Hampton is merely #6, while Jackson Northside's star PG Ramon Williams was left off even the "Best of the Rest" list......

Class of 2005 is even further off. Jackson Northside's star G Reginald Delk, who is as good as any player on the entire list (or entire state) is not ranked, but rather "Best of the Rest". Even worse, his twin, Richard Delk, who is arguable just as good, was left off of the entire list altogether. Also, Dyer Co's star PG Antonio Mitchell is also left off the whole list for 2005. Josh Stafford (#17) and Donnell Mayben (#16) are ranked ridiculously low.....

I love looking at the Midsouth-hoops rankings, because ranking players who are different positions, different classifications, and are maturing at different rates is very, very difficult, and Midsouth goes on a limb to do so. But, I am dissapointed nonetheless....... :)

Bob Gibbons had Charles Hathaway as the best in america, people make mistakes, nobody , including you see's everyone, at best you were nitpicking.

Posted by gomab2:

Easterwishihadaclue just doesn't know half as much as he thinks he does. We're talking about a guy who, two years ago, ranked Melrose 9th in the city with the comment "returns everyone from the city champions" when last year's rankings, on the same page, had Melrose 4th. The same guy who ranked Jonathan Loe 23rd until the end of the year. The list goes on and on and on and on and on.

Easterwood just does a crappy job with his site. The layout stinks, the content stinks. He's a YOMCA homer who thinks he knows everything, passes himself off as the all-knowing expert, and then, when pressed, admitted he hasn't seen certain teams play.

Vet....

I'm "nitpicking"???? You sure about that????

Class of 2005 was a joke. Richard Delk and Antonio Mitchell, two players I have in the Top 15 in the ENTIRE STATE, and two players that are on Hoop Scoop's Top 25 in the STATE, both Left off the Honorable Mention list!?!? That is not nitpicking. Reginald Delk, my #3, and Hoop Scoops #17 in the STATE, not even on the Memphis Top 20 list? Stafford, who Memphis' Y's AAU Coach has ranked as the #1 PG in the City, ranked a mere #17, while superstar Forward Donnell Mayben, who may be the best Forward in West Tn, ranked #16. No, vet, this is not Nitpicking the Class of 2005......(and as for Hathaway, Gibbons had him Top 10, not #1, and Hathaway ended up battling back from a LIFE-Threatening Blood Clot to end up Starting in the SEC!!! I think Hathaway was VERY successful!!!).....

Posted by Opperman:
Posted by gomab2:

Easterwishihadaclue just doesn't know half as much as he thinks he does. We're talking about a guy who, two years ago, ranked Melrose 9th in the city with the comment "returns everyone from the city champions" when last year's rankings, on the same page, had Melrose 4th. The same guy who ranked Jonathan Loe 23rd until the end of the year. The list goes on and on and on and on and on.

Easterwood just does a crappy job with his site. The layout stinks, the content stinks. He's a YOMCA homer who thinks he knows everything, passes himself off as the all-knowing expert, and then, when pressed, admitted he hasn't seen certain teams play.

If memory serves me correct midsouth at one time was the ONLY site that even listed Low. It's really all for fun, nobody sees or knows about everyone or agrees on everyone.

The reason MSH was the only site to have LOE listed is b/c they were the only one to see him play. And if he claims to be such guru on talent, then they could've told how good he was by seeing him play. You can tell how good a kid is by seeing him play a few times.

I was probably one of the first people to see Loe play for Bartlett...actually it was at a play day at MHA in the early part of the summer...and I remember he was very explosive...but I would never be able to rate a guy like that by just seeing him play...the guy that really stood out to me at that playday was Derrick Byars who was then only going to be a 10th grader? This was about 3 years ago, so if I am a little off, I apologize...Loe has definitely become a better player, my hats off to him.

Could we go back to the discussion on Soph's now?

That site has some players on that "from Memphis Private Schools" that are either omitted, or on there extremely high...I will not say names, anyone who knows basketball knows who they are.

Guest COACH1999

TheEgoHasLanded

Which site are you referring too. Also did you get my email in reference to Mid-South-Hoops corrections.

Gomab - I will check for the email and let you know. Are you going to update your ranking to reflect conversation gathered over the past couple of weeks. I read where it was last updated in July, and certainly players have improved since that time that would change the ranking somewhat.

I'm disappointed that Gomab2 and Mid-South-Hoops are so far off in difference for the ranking. If someone from outside the Tennessee area where to check to site, they would probably not have any confidence in the ranking. But we know who the top 25 are, and that should be reflected on both sites. Most major sports have 2 polls, but in general the same players are there or maybe one or two may be excluded or included and the order might be different, which is ok. But when you have two popular sites with such different ranking of the top 25, someone should question it.

I tell you what, lets take a poll from all that are interested and see what that looks like. I'm speaking of a poll of the top 25 in the state from all viewers.......

I'll kick it off on tmmrw after I carefully look at all the players. Maybe we can have a true top 25 ranking of these sopohomores. Then it will be up to the sites to make the corrections to reflect it.....

Who else is interested.......

I don't think our Rankings are THAT far off. It is hard to compare, really, when my Rankings cover the entire state, and Midsouthhoops covers just Memphis and surrounding areas (West Tn)....Outside of the obvious mistakes I pointed out, we both have most of the Top Memphis players (Prince, Owens, Cromwell, Ingram, Brown, Yates, etc)....Again, the two Rankings simply Rank different things (State vs West).... :o