Hampton vs Cloudland

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately ur right! Its a shame with all the talent Hampton has that this is the way it is...but remember I told you so!! Yeah they have some key injuries and yeah they dont play team ball and yeah they dont have an inside game although they have a very big couple or actually 3 guys that can play but when you NEVER get the ball inside then there goes your inside game! They are too worried about hurry and shoot the almighty 3 pointer! Looks good in the papers and really gets that point average up there! These guys should have only lost probably 3 games this year. The problem is NOT THE PLAYERS they are some great talent out there but the problem is (of course in my opinion and listen up get up close and really listen) THEY ARE CONTINOUSLY GETTING OUT COACHED!! Ned Smith must feel like Christmas is everyday that he gets to coach against Hampton! Ned is up coaching and directing his team. Hampton coaches are laid back and folding their arms and slapping the bench and continously telling their players what they did wrong. WAKE UP BULLDOG COUNTRY! IT'S TIME FOR SOME "CHANGES"!! Unless youre happy with your mediocre results. Basketball has changed in the last 30 years so have the kids work ethics, coaches need to change with them! I have not intended to hurt anyones feelings nor slander anyone, just an outsider looking in. If you ever want to be a force in this region you gotta change something...START ON THE BENCH...Good luck!

They are not ballhogs at all. They try to get the ball in the paint. The passes are usually either dropped, taken away from the post players, or they go up weak with it and can't score. Hampton has had no post presence whatsoever. I did think Andrews played a solid game from the offensive end last night though. Anyone complaining about Hampton shooting 3's clearly didn't watch the game last night. From 3, Hughes was 3 for 4, Ward was 2 for 2, Hassett was 1 for 1, and Trusler was 0 for 1. Anybody complaining about a team going 6 for 8 from the 3-point line needs to re-evaluate their thoughts.

I did think the matchup zone put in by Hampton had Cloudland on their heels. Ned had absolutely no clue what to do the 1st half. It tore the Landers up. But, the press was once again Hampton's downfall. Hughes left with 4 fouls with 6:17 left on the clock in the 4th. The Dawgs were up 1. Cloudland then went on a 10-2 run in the next 1:17 and went up by 7 by the time Hughes was forced to come back in at the 5:00 mark.

It is kind of ridiculous that Cloudland keeps beating Hampton with the talent the Dawgs have. But, I fully expect the Dawgs to be heading to the Boro in a couple of weeks, and this is ultimately the goal anyways.

Oh yeah Hampton did HIT 6 3's in the game but you better look closer to the line scores. They shot several more than 8 from the arc! How many turnovers did their "ball handlers" have?? Nobody said they were ballhogs they just like to shoot more than the rest. Hampton doesnt appear to need any post players because they only see the ball when it careens off the rim. I'm sorry you didnt get to play any ball but the first thing you learn in youth league ball is that there is no "I" in team! I do wish them the best and hope they would be able to bring back the "trophy" to District 1. Better hope they dont meet Ned and his Landers down there though!

New Defense? Looked like a simple 2-3 zone to me, nothing fancy. Hampton indeed had the upper hand in the first half and part of the third. Cloudland made no adjustments on the offensive end, but when you are down 14 and make 3 straight 3's on consecutive positions it changes the momentum to say the least. Cloudlands press is what made the difference, when they turned up the pressure it made the game into more of a full court instead of half court effectively taking the posts from Hampton out of the game. You could tell Hampton missed their point and really had no guards come off the bench. Good Game though!

They are not ballhogs at all. They try to get the ball in the paint. The passes are usually either dropped, taken away from the post players, or they go up weak with it and can't score. Hampton has had no post presence whatsoever. I did think Andrews played a solid game from the offensive end last night though. Anyone complaining about Hampton shooting 3's clearly didn't watch the game last night. From 3, Hughes was 3 for 4, Ward was 2 for 2, Hassett was 1 for 1, and Trusler was 0 for 1. Anybody complaining about a team going 6 for 8 from the 3-point line needs to re-evaluate their thoughts.

I did think the matchup zone put in by Hampton had Cloudland on their heels. Ned had absolutely no clue what to do the 1st half. It tore the Landers up. But, the press was once again Hampton's downfall. Hughes left with 4 fouls with 6:17 left on the clock in the 4th. The Dawgs were up 1. Cloudland then went on a 10-2 run in the next 1:17 and went up by 7 by the time Hughes was forced to come back in at the 5:00 mark.

It is kind of ridiculous that Cloudland keeps beating Hampton with the talent the Dawgs have. But, I fully expect the Dawgs to be heading to the Boro in a couple of weeks, and this is ultimately the goal anyways.

Its ridiculous, but its great ain't it? 8-) I'd rather be not talented and winning every week than talented and dropping the ball in the title games. The fact is that the Landers are much more talented than they are getting credit for. You don't back into 26 wins. As much as I like pouring salt into wounds, I will have to say this. THE BIG BLUE ALLIANCE IS GONNA TAKE OVER THE STATE!!! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :)

The amazing thing about it all is we told the Creekers just a few short years ago, that the color blue would be prevailant in this county. Now that our teams have replaced Unaka as the elite basketball family in this county, we my friends are on the verge of putting Cloudland and Hampton in the state tournament. Not only will the locals have to take notice of this sea of blue, but also the entire state! If we go to state, I will personally fly the flag of the Dogs and the Landers in each hand in the middle of MTSU's court!! Whooo!! :)

I too was impressed with the new defense the Dogs ran. My question is who put this in or have they been saving it for some time. You are correct that Cloudland didn't know how to attack it and if Hughes hadn't got into foul trouble it could have been much different, but that is neither here nor there.

whats your email?

New Defense? Looked like a simple 2-3 zone to me, nothing fancy. Hampton indeed had the upper hand in the first half and part of the third. Cloudland made no adjustments on the offensive end, but when you are down 14 and make 3 straight 3's on consecutive positions it changes the momentum to say the least. Cloudlands press is what made the difference, when they turned up the pressure it made the game into more of a full court instead of half court effectively taking the posts from Hampton out of the game. You could tell Hampton missed their point and really had no guards come off the bench. Good Game though!

it was not a simple 2-3. it was a very complicated 2-3. quite fancy actually. the rotations on it are very difficult to learn especially considering the Dawgs only practiced 1 hour with it the day before they played the Landers. i came in expecting Cloudland to shred it, but they did the exact opposite. Ned really had no idea what to do the first half. on one possession, i remember him calling out at least 4 plays and none of them worked. he didn't know what to run. Logan Morgan from the 3-point line single handily kept Cloudland in it. the Landers press and their 3-point shooting is what won the game in the 2nd half.

The amazing thing about it all is we told the Creekers just a few short years ago, that the color blue would be prevailant in this county. Now that our teams have replaced Unaka as the elite basketball family in this county, we my friends are on the verge of putting Cloudland and Hampton in the state tournament. Not only will the locals have to take notice of this sea of blue, but also the entire state! If we go to state, I will personally fly the flag of the Dogs and the Landers in each hand in the middle of MTSU's court!! Whooo!! :?:

lol yep. i really think both teams will be heading down to the Boro. the Landers will have absolutely no problem with Harriman. it will get ugly quick. we went down and watched the Region 2 semis on Wednesday and Oliver Springs and Harriman don't have anything for our 2 clubs imo. heck, Hampton beat Harriman by 30 back in January.

I wonder where ole Cline is at? I'm gonna have to drag out the ole lettermans jacket, clean the moth balls out of the pockets, and dawn the blue and gold one more time. :?: I can be like that guy on "Varsity Blues" in his 30's wearing his lettermans jacket when that kid hit him in the balls. :lol::?: