TSSAA is a JOKE!!!!!

foosball44

Ok let's all be honest here. The TSSAA needs to take fair play out of their bylaws and truly put, we are looking for match-ups that will bring in the most revenue in the playoffs and state tournements. People would have more respect for this organization if they just said it like it was. Instead, they act like it's fair to match-up power houses in the first round of the state tourney. What a joke!!!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let's all be honest here. The TSSAA needs to take fair play out of their bylaws and truly put, we are looking for match-ups that will bring in the most revenue in the playoffs and state tournements. People would have more respect for this organization if they just said it like it was. Instead, they act like it's fair to match-up power houses in the first round of the state tourney. What a joke!!!!!

LOL, you do know it's done by a blinde draw by the coach of the school....right?

I know our coach was going today to be present for the drawing, and if I'm not mistaken the only stipulation that overrules the draw is if two teams from the same region(?) are drawn out to play in the 1st round- for example Middleton & Scotts Hill have played 4 times this year already, and being in the same region they would be seperated automatically. I think.

Via email:

"Two points: The draw is blind. I don't know who drew this year but last year it was two small boys. The second point, if TSSAA was all about money what is the financial incentive by matching up two local great teams in the first round? Wouldn't it be wise to string out the best teams for as long as can be done to max revenue.

Example, in AAA -- if it was all about money do you think Riverdale/Mt. Juliet would be matched in first round? Fixing the draw would put these teams in opposite brackets so good crowds would be drawn for possibly 5 games (two each by Riverdale and Mt. Juliet and then they meet in finals) rather than 1."

I know our coach was going today to be present for the drawing, and if I'm not mistaken the only stipulation that overrules the draw is if two teams from the same region(?) are drawn out to play in the 1st round- for example Middleton & Scotts Hill have played 4 times this year already, and being in the same region they would be seperated automatically. I think.

Correct.

Your team is lucky to be there and you have to beat the best to be the best so quit complaining and lets play ball. The last 8 teams standing is playing for championship in each class the rest has been elimanated and the process may not be perfect but if it was done any other way it wouldn't satisfy everybody and what other way would be more fair. Everybody thats left is a power house in their own eyes.

I would imagine any of the 8 teams there is capable of winning or losing any game at this level. And the fact that they do separate teams from the same district/region shows thay try to do it as fair as they possibly can.

Via email:

"Two points: The draw is blind. I don't know who drew this year but last year it was two small boys. The second point, if TSSAA was all about money what is the financial incentive by matching up two local great teams in the first round? Wouldn't it be wise to string out the best teams for as long as can be done to max revenue.

Example, in AAA -- if it was all about money do you think Riverdale/Mt. Juliet would be matched in first round? Fixing the draw would put these teams in opposite brackets so good crowds would be drawn for possibly 5 games (two each by Riverdale and Mt. Juliet and then they meet in finals) rather than 1."

I felt like foosball44 as well, but if there were small boys drawing and teams represented, I still wouldn't put it past them to have it fixed (you thought I was going to take the bait). To the second point, I know for a fact, based on the football debacle, that the TSSAA doesn't play out scenarios like the one you just suggested and here's why. The only guaranteed match-up between the two teams you mentioned is JUST LIKE THIS...the other way is by chance, and you don't double your revenue like the organization did in football on chance. Was this a blind draw? Probably (never say never), but can I understand how people are skeptical coming off the fall match-ups and the resulting revenue, ABSOLUTELY. Anything less is naive at best. And while we're on the subject, I was talking with a basketball officinado from GA and he laughed when I explained our setup. He said, after all that work, you guys leave it up to chance that quite possibly the top two teams in the state could match-up in the first round while one of two inferior teams make it to the final four? Before anyone goes on with the "you have to beat the best" or all 8 are good or they wouldn't be there. A-You should have to beat the best, or next best, but your body of work should put you in position to do that in the finals and B- you are naive if you believe that all 8 teams are equal based on plenty of head-to-head match-ups. Seeding does work, just like that other little tourney in March...now have at me. :thumb:

how i see it is u just draw who u draw. just take it from their and play ball i know gibson county has played the team who went on and won state in the first round many of times u just take ur loss and move on you win you win who loss you loss yeah we know the best teams in the state are not in the tourny but you dont have to be the best team in the state to win it all you just have to play better than the other team

What could they do that would be better? Don't complain unless you have a solution.. In AA this year they had so many teams that can not play each other till Saturday due to being from the same regional. So when team 1 was drawn that put team 2 from there region to the other bracket etc, etc... It is always a great tournment an I'm ready for it to begin