TSSAA is a JOKE!!!!!

foosball44

Did you mean a four-class regular season and postseason both, or just a four-class regular season?

I came up with these brackets if a four-class system was already in place. There's nothing at all giving me an idea they are thinking about adding a class but it was mentioned as something that should be considered.

Class A: Coalfield, North Greene, Clarkrange, Whitwell, Wayne County, Moore County, Middleton, Gleason (I would pick Whitwell to win Region 3 with no CSAS or Marion there, and to beat visiting RBS)

Class AA: South Greene, CAK, McMinn Central, Jackson County, CPA, Lewis County, Gibson County, Westview

Class AAA: Greenville, Stone, Livingston, Station Camp, Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Jackson Northside, Obion County

Class 4A: Morristown West, Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Walker Valley, Mt Juliet, Clarksville, Memphis Central, Memphis Overton

Most of these teams made the actual state tournament and the others in it would be quality too. I don't see any watering down with an expanded field.

Certainly both the regular season and Post Season. I think it would work out well, as you have shown!

There are two things that I think need to be eliminated.

1) Home court advantages

2) Double or sometimes triple elimination. It makes no sense to me that a team can lose in the district, and move onto the Regionals. AND THEN, to make it worse a team can lose in the district SEMIfinal, lose again in the Regional Final, and STILL MOVE ON!!!

Think of how much more drama and much more intense that District final game would be if only one team moves on.

And you would forever clear up the "Did "TEAM A" lose the District or Regional Final just to get a better draw in the next round" issues. You lose that discussion completely. WIN or GO HOME. man, I would love to see that.

I think it makes the whole tournament mean so much more. Every game is important. Every round becomes a sell out. No more empty seats at the early district and regional rounds.

Districts at ONE Gym in the district. That location rotates every year so that each team in the district gets to host the tourney.

Regionals at a Neutral Site Gym. Here it would be at TTU, or something big enough. The gym would have to be a bit bigger than normal because there will be more interest in each game with this format.

Quarters, Semis, Finals at M'boro as always.

Each round is single elimination. Winner take all. Loser goes home.

WOW,you guys should fix the middle east tomorrow,too much free time;get a job. p.s. all in good fun :thumb:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't take as long as you'd think to put those brackets together. The enrollments are available at the TSSAA site and I just plugged in some good teams, depending on location, other than the ones making the actual state.

I wouldn't mind seeing four classes across the board except in track, golf, etc that couldn't support that many.

What is ridiculous is the fact that the start times are so early. The last game starts at 5:30, and they wonder why they are losing money. Typical.

They wouldnt lose any money if they did it MY way.

oh, yeah and my way would have Quarters on Wed and Thursday nights. Semis on Saturday, and then Finals the next Saturday. No daytime games. I want the parents and grandparents in the stands without losing part of their paycheck.

Q. Will TSSAA spend the money that it takes to purchase rings for the state champions in all classifications or after charging $10.00 and $12.00 the past 3 days to the girls that have siblings over the age of two will mom and dad have to break little jr's piggy bank? I ask this with a bad gut feeling :mrgreen:

Q. Will TSSAA spend the money that it takes to purchase rings for the state champions in all classifications or after charging $10.00 and $12.00 the past 3 days to the girls that have siblings over the age of two will mom and dad have to break little jr's piggy bank? I ask this with a bad gut feeling :mrgreen:

I'm thinking the school paid for our girls last year.

I did notice that attendance wasn't nowhere near what it was last year. I know more of those sections around the top were pulled out and those had plenty of people sitting in them as well. TSSAA is making some big bucks and that's all that matters to them. The AA state championship was worth the $42.00 I paid over the 4 days I went and watched. However, I do think there should be an age limit higher than 2 years old. Maybe, 5 and under or somewhere in that neighborhood.

Yea, I figured so, the ring thing which I agree every "champion" earns and deserves would be way to exspensive for TSSAA's taste. I would have been :mrgreen: if just part of my gate $ would go to cover something with that much class. Congrats to GC they had a big fan base show each game and a really good team. Oh well, its a pleasure to break jr's piggy bank for such a worthy cause and I'm sure after he grows up and learns what cheap scapes TSSAA are he will fully understand why daddy had to do what he did. :shock:

Lets everyone forget about the Blind Draw and discuss another important matter. We know that the officials are chosen by the TSSAA but what process do they use. Can anyone explain why it was the Mount Juliet went to the foul line only one time during the Riverdale game. Also in theClass AA championship game there was also a big difference in fouls in that game. We was told that they voted on the refs for the AAA game Friday night. obviously it was not the spectators that voted because you had a ref from Knoxville south that should have not been allowed in the Gym much less on the floor. She could have very well decided the outcome of the game. she caused another official to change a call that he made and was right the first time. When he changed it it was the wrong call. She was one of the worst refs you have ever had on that floor. By the way I was not from any of the teams in that gameand she did not call our game. she should have been watching on tv from her house. We saw her Wednesday and worried we would get her on Thursday.

Yea, I figured so, the ring thing which I agree every "champion" earns and deserves would be way to exspensive for TSSAA's taste. I would have been :thumb: if just part of my gate $ would go to cover something with that much class. Congrats to GC they had a big fan base show each game and a really good team. Oh well, its a pleasure to break jr's piggy bank for such a worthy cause and I'm sure after he grows up and learns what cheap scapes TSSAA are he will fully understand why daddy had to do what he did. B)

You don't have to go!!!

What is ridiculous is the fact that the start times are so early. The last game starts at 5:30, and they wonder why they are losing money. Typical.

They wouldnt lose any money if they did it MY way.

oh, yeah and my way would have Quarters on Wed and Thursday nights. Semis on Saturday, and then Finals the next Saturday. No daytime games. I want the parents and grandparents in the stands without losing part of their paycheck.

There would be a lot of money lost in the early rounds. Region tournament would only be one game and no substate. That is quite a few games being lost. I agree with elimination of substate, but I think top two in district should go. How can you not seed district tournament? Does the regular season mean nothing? Why not take top 16 to state after region. Play sweet 16 & elite 8 Friday sat and final 4 and championship next fri sat. Play boys and girls same weekend.