TSSAA is a JOKE!!!!!

foosball44

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of you crying babies, just shut up and let the girls play the games. Some people are not happy unless they have something to complain about or they make up something to complain about. Here's to the rest of us enjoying the games and let the complainers stay at home.

what tssaa could do is keep it like the way it is but draw sometime before the substate game so nobody will say its fixed because we dont know who will win that substate game and the team will know who they play if they win but i have no prob how it is now just throwing out ideas

how would you do that go by team records ? i say tssaa hire people to travel across the state to watch every team play and rank the teams who make it to state like that

LOL, where are those people that'll rank the teams going to come from, China? Someone from Tennessee wouldn't be able to do it because people would say it's biased etc....

I have nothing in this but I feel like TSSAA does not try to help the small schools. Many of these schools don't even have some of the sports that the bigs schools has. Yet when the state tournament rolls around who plays first. Single A! They could let them start a day later a still get all the games in a save them one nights stay and some money. Who pays all the travel, the busing, and the meals? The schools do and they don't get anything from TSSAA while TSSAA sits back and makes the big bucks on those same teams playing for them. I think some of the smaller schools need to band together and start there own high school sports association. But, it won't ever happen.

Seeding would be virtually impossible and at the least, unfair. Teams can't help who their district opponents are, and non-district games also have to take the boys' programs into account. Look at Arts and Sciences, their district wasn't that great this year but they defeat RBS by 30 or something. Based on their season opponents they'd probably be one of the lower seeds in the state in Class A. I'd hate for an AD to have to make a decision between scheduling a big-money rivalry game and a team that might bring 5 fans but would help in some kind of power rating. Plus sometimes strong games are scheduled and the opponent isn't as strong as expected, that happened when the team here scheduled RBS 2 or 3 years ago.

For years when the bracket was set prior to the sectional, all I ever heard was that it had been fixed for various reasons to hurt one team or give another team an easy road to the final.

Now, the past few years since they've held the blind draw in Murfreesboro, all I hear is that people don't like this way either.

Folks, there is no way this blind draw is fixed. Bingo balls are put in a bin and moved around, with a child of a TSSAA employee pulling the balls out one by one. This year each coach got to choose which ball they wanted before they put them in the bin.

Two teams from the same region can't meet until the finals. That's the only matchup that can't happen. If their "ball" is pulled out to create such a matchup, it's put aside until they get to the bottom of the bracket.

Sure, seeding would be great. However, that can be very subjective. Take the Class AAA tournament. Seven of the eight teams in the tournament were ranked at the end of the year. Tells me there won't be many easy matchups.

I know it was a tough draw for Gibson, but if you look at Polk and McMinn Central - same district so they had to opposite. Greenville and South Green - same district - opposite. Gibson and Westview - not sure if the same district or region, but same scenerio. How could you say that Polk should play Gibson instead of CPA, when Polk has 4 losses with 3 of them coming from district foe McMinn Central ranked #1 ( which I know does not mean a whole lot) for most of the year. I just can't see how this could play out much different without someone having the same argument as Gibson. If Greenville or South Green got Gibson, then how would it be fair for Polk. I agree that Gibson may be the toughest team in this for AA. Same thing happened to McMinn Central a couple of years ago - 2 best teams were in the semis, they lost by 1 to eventual champions, unfortunate because the winner of that game was an easy champ that year, that is just the way it is.