TSSAA is a JOKE!!!!!

foosball44

At this point, with 8 teams left, if you can't beat your first round opponent or are worried you got a bad draw, then your team really doesn't belong here! I am sure Gibson County/Jackson County doesn't care at all who they play in the first round because they know their team is good enough to win against ANY opponent. You have to think at this point your team has to win 3 games against any of the other 7 seven teams in any order to win the championship? right? Forget the draw and win three games!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polk's other loss, that I remember was to a large school from North Georgia, 1800 students, which last I saw appears to be headed to the Class 4A state tournament if they've not already made it. That team has a 6'4" junior committed to Louisville and a 6'3" senior signed with Samford, plus has good guard play. Polk only lost to them by 4 I think. For those proposing seeding the teams, how in the world could you plug this game into it plus any other team's out of state opponents.

Care to explain that, bigster? :bored:

Lake Co and Greenfield didn't do what they were suppose to do to make it that far so I have no problem with the teams that are there..But everyone seems to not like how the pairings are done..about the only way it can be done is a blind draw..so I'm sure Lake Co would just love to be in any of the 8 teams place that are there..no matter who they played..Wasnt talking about any particular team.All the teams deserve to be there and earned their spot.I'm going with Moore Co and Jackson co..But I was just trying to say..I wouldnt care if Lake Co was playing Middleton..Moore Co..Jackson Co..Scotts Hill etc..At least all those teams have a chance..Lake Co and Greenfield has No Chance..Can't win if we're not there.!

Polk's other loss, that I remember was to a large school from North Georgia, 1800 students, which last I saw appears to be headed to the Class 4A state tournament if they've not already made it. That team has a 6'4" junior committed to Louisville and a 6'3" senior signed with Samford, plus has good guard play. Polk only lost to them by 4 I think. For those proposing seeding the teams, how in the world could you plug this game into it plus any other team's out of state opponents.

Gibson Co. be careful with the confidence. Last year early exit with a strong McMinn Central team playing Livingston that had an eight loss record. Beat us pretty good to. Anything can happen at this point. I thought a powerful McMinn Central team would get to the finals easy.

Here is the way I would change it if I could: (and I cant, so this is for entertainment purposes only I guess)

1) Split into FOUR divisions instead of 3

A

AA

AAA

AAAA

2) District Tourney-

Held at a High School Gym withing the District. Site rotates each year. Every team is in. There is NO SEEDING. Brackets are drawn, may the best team win. ONLY THE DISTRICT WINNER MOVES ON.

2) Regional Tourney -

Held at Regional Sites - NO HIGH SCHOOL GYMS unless they are schools from another region. In other words. NO HOME COURT ADVANTAGE. Brackets are DRAWN, once again, no seeding. ONLY THE REGIONAL WINNER MOVES ON.

3) Sectionals. Threre will be no need for sectionals. This round is the most unfair of the current set up. Teams traveling 3 hours to play in someone elses gym, in a game where everything is on the line is a freaking mockery of the system. Get rid of this, or your current system will always suck.

4) QuarterFinals Thru Finals - Held at m'Boro. No Seeding.

and you cannot tell me this does not work, because the MHSAA (that is the state of michigan for those who do not know me) has been making a killing off this for many years. Sucks for the good teams to lose early and go home, but that is life.

Ok let's all be honest here. The TSSAA needs to take fair play out of their bylaws and truly put, we are looking for match-ups that will bring in the most revenue in the playoffs and state tournements. People would have more respect for this organization if they just said it like it was. Instead, they act like it's fair to match-up power houses in the first round of the state tourney. What a joke!!!!!

Only a dumbo would match up teams in the tournament that ensured the most revenue. A blind draw is the most fair way. Any other way or thought would lead to favorites, politics, etc. How is it not fair to match two powerhouses in the first round. You must want it like the NCAA. I wonder if anyone complains about their method. Guess what, they complain bitterly that this team or that team got screwed. You just can't satisfy some people. I am glad that either Mt Juliet or Riverdale is going home first round. The one drawback is Fryer can devote more time to coaching his players during AAU if he loses first round. :bored:

Here is the way I would change it if I could: (and I cant, so this is for entertainment purposes only I guess)

A

AA

AAA

AAAA

2) District Tourney-

Held at a High School Gym withing the District. Site rotates each year. Every team is in. There is NO SEEDING. Brackets are drawn, may the best team win. ONLY THE DISTRICT WINNER MOVES ON.

2) Regional Tourney -

Held at Regional Sites - NO HIGH SCHOOL GYMS unless they are schools from another region. In other words. NO HOME COURT ADVANTAGE. Brackets are DRAWN, once again, no seeding. ONLY THE REGIONAL WINNER MOVES ON.

3) Sectionals. Threre will be no need for sectionals. This round is the most unfair of the current set up. Teams traveling 3 hours to play in someone elses gym, in a game where everything is on the line is a freaking mockery of the system. Get rid of this, or your current system will always suck.

and you cannot tell me this does not work, because the MHSAA (that is the state of michigan for those who do not know me) has been making a killing off this for many years. Sucks for the good teams to lose early and go home, but that is life.

Don't like it. If you will look at AA there are 3 districts that are representing 2 teams. I would hate to think that these teams did not deserve to advance just because they are in the strongest district. I think this waters down the whole system.

A

AA

AAA

AAAA

2) District Tourney-

2) Regional Tourney -

I think the champion every year would win it under any system 99% of the time. And who cares if Michigan makes a killing on the tournament, does that make it a better tournament, more exciting, more competitive, maybe, maybe not. It appears that the system Michigan uses would make the season much longer and cut into other sports which are itching to get started. And why would a team that is 0-20 be able to have a shot at a state title, should you not have to earn a trip to the tournament. :bored:

I don't think Gibson County is overconfident. They know all too well what can happen in the first round as they have gone to the 'boro undefeated only to come home after game one. Anyone can lose on a given night &, not knowing anything about CPA, most folks in 13AA are smart enough to realize that they don't need to "count their chickens before they hatch". Good luck to all the teams - especially Westview & GC!!