TSSAA is a JOKE!!!!!

foosball44

That would take away quite a few $$$ and that always has to be a part of it even though we wish it didn't.

The four-class system I would not mind if it didn't increase regular season district travel too much. It's not as noticeable as it would be in football, but it has to be tough on 150-student schools playing 500-student schools in Class A, a little more than that going against 1000+ student schools in Class AA.

Very rough breakdown, Class A would go up to about 400 with Forrest and North Greene among the schools at around that number; Class AA would go to about 750 with Gibson County being one of those that could go either way; Class AAA would go to about 1200 with Shelbyville among the largest.

Some of the enrollments are probably already out of date and it's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever, anyway but it could make for some interesting districts and state tournaments.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the way I would change it if I could: (and I cant, so this is for entertainment purposes only I guess)

1) Split into FOUR divisions instead of 3

A

AA

AAA

AAAA

2) District Tourney-

Held at a High School Gym withing the District. Site rotates each year. Every team is in. There is NO SEEDING. Brackets are drawn, may the best team win. ONLY THE DISTRICT WINNER MOVES ON.

2) Regional Tourney -

Held at Regional Sites - NO HIGH SCHOOL GYMS unless they are schools from another region. In other words. NO HOME COURT ADVANTAGE. Brackets are DRAWN, once again, no seeding. ONLY THE REGIONAL WINNER MOVES ON.

3) Sectionals. Threre will be no need for sectionals. This round is the most unfair of the current set up. Teams traveling 3 hours to play in someone elses gym, in a game where everything is on the line is a freaking mockery of the system. Get rid of this, or your current system will always suck.

4) QuarterFinals Thru Finals - Held at m'Boro. No Seeding.

and you cannot tell me this does not work, because the MHSAA (that is the state of michigan for those who do not know me) has been making a killing off this for many years. Sucks for the good teams to lose early and go home, but that is life.

I think the champion every year would win it under any system 99% of the time. And who cares if Michigan makes a killing on the tournament, does that make it a better tournament, more exciting, more competitive, maybe, maybe not. It appears that the system Michigan uses would make the season much longer and cut into other sports which are itching to get started. And why would a team that is 0-20 be able to have a shot at a state title, should you not have to earn a trip to the tournament. :bored:

Why would a team that has already lost once in a state tournament get a second chance to play in that tournament?

Cut the bottom half of the district out if you think that is best. I think the travesty of this tournament is that you have 3 teams that have lost at the district level moving on to Regionals. And then one team that has already lost in Regionals moves on to Sectionals. If you lose you should go home. And that would have been MY schools team the last 2 years. So Im not just playing into my teams hand here. If win you move on. If you lose, you go home. Simple.

I know it was a tough draw for Gibson, but if you look at Polk and McMinn Central - same district so they had to opposite. Greenville and South Green - same district - opposite. Gibson and Westview - not sure if the same district or region, but same scenerio. How could you say that Polk should play Gibson instead of CPA, when Polk has 4 losses with 3 of them coming from district foe McMinn Central ranked #1 ( which I know does not mean a whole lot) for most of the year. I just can't see how this could play out much different without someone having the same argument as Gibson. If Greenville or South Green got Gibson, then how would it be fair for Polk. I agree that Gibson may be the toughest team in this for AA. Same thing happened to McMinn Central a couple of years ago - 2 best teams were in the semis, they lost by 1 to eventual champions, unfortunate because the winner of that game was an easy champ that year, that is just the way it is.

Tough draw for Gibson?.... I haven't heard any of us fans here in Gibson complain about playing CPA yet. I'm sure CPA is a good team, but isn't all 8 teams supposed to be good? If it's a tough draw for anyone, it's a tough draw for CPA. I'm sure the coach cringed when they matched us up with them. Gibson Co. and Westview are from the same district as well.

As for Gibson fans getting overconfident, it's not happening. We're pretty confident, don't get me wrong, but we know if our girls go out there and do what they've done all year then we should be ok.

That would take away quite a few $$$ and that always has to be a part of it even though we wish it didn't.

The four-class system I would not mind if it didn't increase regular season district travel too much. It's not as noticeable as it would be in football, but it has to be tough on 150-student schools playing 500-student schools in Class A, a little more than that going against 1000+ student schools in Class AA.

Very rough breakdown, Class A would go up to about 400 with Forrest and North Greene among the schools at around that number; Class AA would go to about 750 with Gibson County being one of those that could go either way; Class AAA would go to about 1200 with Shelbyville among the largest.

Some of the enrollments are probably already out of date and it's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever, anyway but it could make for some interesting districts and state tournaments.

yeah, I know money could be lost and that matters.

The only reason I say break it down to 4 classes is to make the splits smaller and keep from having too many rounds at the district and regional level.

It would not bother me to see the state cut in half and play the quarter finals like the sectionals. For example the year South Green could play Polk and McMinn Central could play Greenville at Thompson Bowling or Stokley in Knoxville. After the quarter finals take it to the boro for a doulble elimination tournament with the exception of the championship game. Also for me I don't want it to be the best in the tournament, I want the best team overall to win it. Just me though.

To be the best, you have to beat the rest. What difference does it make in what order you meet them?

This is the best quote on this topic.

I agree, but sometime it does stink to know that you could have a least put a 2nd place finish under your belt, you know. That looks a lot better sitting in the old trophy case than we got put out the first round by one or two points by the eventual champs that beat everyone else by more than ten. No complaints from me though. There is almost no way to know.

yeah, I know money could be lost and that matters.

The only reason I say break it down to 4 classes is to make the splits smaller and keep from having too many rounds at the district and regional level.

Did you mean a four-class regular season and postseason both, or just a four-class regular season?

I came up with these brackets if a four-class system was already in place. There's nothing at all giving me an idea they are thinking about adding a class but it was mentioned as something that should be considered.

Class A: Coalfield, North Greene, Clarkrange, Whitwell, Wayne County, Moore County, Middleton, Gleason (I would pick Whitwell to win Region 3 with no CSAS or Marion there, and to beat visiting RBS)

Class AA: South Greene, CAK, McMinn Central, Jackson County, CPA, Lewis County, Gibson County, Westview

Class AAA: Greenville, Stone, Livingston, Station Camp, Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Jackson Northside, Obion County

Class 4A: Morristown West, Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Walker Valley, Mt Juliet, Clarksville, Memphis Central, Memphis Overton

Most of these teams made the actual state tournament and the others in it would be quality too. I don't see any watering down with an expanded field.

Did you mean a four-class regular season and postseason both, or just a four-class regular season?

I came up with these brackets if a four-class system was already in place. There's nothing at all giving me an idea they are thinking about adding a class but it was mentioned as something that should be considered.

Class A: Coalfield, North Greene, Clarkrange, Whitwell, Wayne County, Moore County, Middleton, Gleason (I would pick Whitwell to win Region 3 with no CSAS or Marion there, and to beat visiting RBS)

Class AA: South Greene, CAK, McMinn Central, Jackson County, CPA, Lewis County, Gibson County, Westview

Class AAA: Greenville, Stone, Livingston, Station Camp, Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Jackson Northside, Obion County

Class 4A: Morristown West, Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Walker Valley, Mt Juliet, Clarksville, Memphis Central, Memphis Overton

Most of these teams made the actual state tournament and the others in it would be quality too. I don't see any watering down with an expanded field.

Certainly both the regular season and Post Season. I think it would work out well, as you have shown!

There are two things that I think need to be eliminated.

1) Home court advantages

2) Double or sometimes triple elimination. It makes no sense to me that a team can lose in the district, and move onto the Regionals. AND THEN, to make it worse a team can lose in the district SEMIfinal, lose again in the Regional Final, and STILL MOVE ON!!!

Think of how much more drama and much more intense that District final game would be if only one team moves on.

And you would forever clear up the "Did "TEAM A" lose the District or Regional Final just to get a better draw in the next round" issues. You lose that discussion completely. WIN or GO HOME. man, I would love to see that.

I think it makes the whole tournament mean so much more. Every game is important. Every round becomes a sell out. No more empty seats at the early district and regional rounds.

Districts at ONE Gym in the district. That location rotates every year so that each team in the district gets to host the tourney.

Regionals at a Neutral Site Gym. Here it would be at TTU, or something big enough. The gym would have to be a bit bigger than normal because there will be more interest in each game with this format.

Quarters, Semis, Finals at M'boro as always.

Each round is single elimination. Winner take all. Loser goes home.