volunteer high

easttnboy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankees, I pretty much expected the post I got from you. You took exception with the way I handled the critics in my life and that is your right because this is a public post. It was also my right to handle things the way I saw fit. You are not the first person who I have heard talk the way you do, and that is one reason I don’t take you seriously.

I would think you are making a mistake about being critical and condescending to the good people of eastern Tn. They are as fine a group of people as one could ever hope to meet.

I do trust that “you are the real deal and a true legend”. However, your opinions are only slightly interesting to me, and I have read what you have to say. I have been in many locker rooms and served in the Navy for four years, so I understand your orientation. I just hope that you don’t tell your 8 year old YMCA team that you are such a bad *#!+* They are a little young for that...don’t you think?

The best I could achieve was to make “national player of the year” coming out of high school and be able to choose any D-I university to play for. I notice you said you went to a small school in Indiana, and that if I was ever around you, that I would “at last be around the best of the best”. Well I am positive I would never want to be around you. I’m sure that in your mind you are the “best of the best”.

Branch McCracken recruited me very hard, and I liked him very much. He won a National Championship at Indiana University. IU was my second choice of where I wanted to play, but I decided to go to UNC and I got to play against IU in 1965. At the time IU was rated #1 in the country. Tom and Dick Van Arsdale and Jon McGlothlin played for them and all later played in the NBA. I was able to go 12 for 16 against them and enjoyed being high scorer in that game. That was my sophomore year. Since you are the “best of the best” and went to a small school in Indiana, I’m sure there are those who would enjoy learning more about your career. Did you even play for that small school in Indiana? I think my initial instincts were right about you – you are just a blowhard.

I’m glad that you noticed in an earlier post that I made reference to being fortunate to be around many great players and coaches. I did have the opportunity to play for Larry Brown, Dean Smith and Hugh Durham. I am very good friends with Roy Williams. At UNC’s 100th basketball anniversary celebration this year MJ, James Worthy, Vince Carter, Lennie Rosenbluth, Billy Cunningham, Phil Ford, Tyler Hansbrough, Kenny Smith, etc., etc., etc. were in attendance. I was a teammate with Billy Cunningham and later with Dave Cowens. The Smith Center was packed, but can you imagine what it would have been like if you had been in attendance...”the self-proclaimed “best of the best”. I’m sure Michael Jordan would have been humbled by you. Coach Williams told everyone he is scheduling another reunion five years from now. Give him a call and let him know you are “the best of the best” and maybe he’ll invite you, too.

I did get to visit with Leslie McDonald again. I first met him at the Arby’s Classic in Bristol. As you might know, he is from Memphis. He is off to a very good start playing basketball at UNC. He is a well spoken and a tremendous person. He doesn’t talk at all the way you do. I’m glad you didn’t coach him as an 8 year old.

CoachMo, I must admit, your resume is quite nice to say the least, lol. I read where you played your collegiate career as a Tar Heel! That's awesome stuff as I am a die hard Tar Heels fan! So many great players and so much tradition has come through Chapel Hill! I could sit here all day and talk some NC basketball. Nat'l champs next year!!!!!!!!!

If you didn't earn yankees respect, you definately earned mine!

That's a very impressive resume even though if it was 46 years ago for high school. I'm not here to quibble over anything and am not one that is blown away by how many relationships somebody may or may not have with FAMOUS sports figures. I don't put anybody on a pedestal especially someone self centered and arrogant. Most Military people don't make a habit of using the words ME and I when having a discussion about anything. Let me repeat this just in case some don't understand....I don't put anybody on a pedestal. That was a great feel good story and I applaud coachMOFO for smoozing with those people. But you know what? That same story could be written about thousands of people...right.....nice try but no cigar.

How about this story.

Guess what...Scott Drew took Baylor to the Elite 8 this year...guess where Scott Drew played his High Scool basketball...he never played at the varsity level an never played in College...that's right NEVER. Oh and did I mention Scott Drew took over a Baylor program that was coming off one of the biggest scandals in the history of college basketball. Drew took over a program that was in shambles and he had nothing but scrubs when he started out. Drew is good but he ain't no coachMOFO.

Now to coachMOFO.

I doesn't matter to me what you think of me. Trust me when I say I don't need anyone's validation. I'm quite comfortable with my knowledge and understanding of basketball and how to evaluate talent. BTW, you don't know nothing about me because if you did you would know I never played at a small school in Indiana...I played for Marty Sisco, a legend in the high school coaching ranks.

If you can stop patting yourself on the back for just one minute, as hard as that might be, you just might realize you are a bit arrogant and self centered. Let me give you a few examples

these are you're comments coachMOFO

(1) I know that it can be done because my teams achieved just that.

I noticed you didn't refer to it as our teams.

(2) That means we kicked butt and passed out bubblegum.

CoachMofo the trash talker.

(3) I was an outsider who came in and turned around a program that had never won.

Way to stay humble coachMOFO.

(4) There were numerous people who were jealous of my team's success, but they were the wannabes.That is always the case

Oh really, jealous...I bet those people were just miserable..in your mind..yeah right....don't give yourself so much credit...you don't have that kind of power.

(5) When I first started coaching I promised myself that the only critic I would ever take seriously would be a person who I thought had a better basketball background than I had...so that eliminated 100% of my critics.

Wow, talk about self centered and arrogant.......hey, when is the HOF induction ceremony for coachMOFO.

(6) I always enjoyed having critics, because without critics how could you possibly say the following - "When my time on earth is done, and all my activities have come to pass, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my _____"

There you go being HUMBLE again. BTW, just so everyone knows...you lifted that from Coach Bobby Knight. Come up with something original next time coachMOFO.

(7) In closing, Coach Mo wants to know "Whose Your Daddy Now?" The weather's getting warmer, so I will simply reach for another cold one.

Uh OH...coachMOFO the trash talker resurfaces.

(8) I remarked about how I handled local critics in my coaching career. I had the good fortune of being around many players and coaches far more talented than myself, and I seldom, if ever, heard them criticize others.

That's really good to hear...To bad coachMOFO didn't learn from those players and coaches. Probably do busy patting himself on the back.

(9) You sound like the perfect example of someone whose criticism I would never have taken seriously. Please tell us about your playing and coaching background so we can better appreciate your credentials. I would love to hear about how good you were in Division I college ball.

Here we go again...the coachMOFO better than attitude. Hey coachMOFO...I didn't play D1 basketball and as a matter of fact I have never coached...But I have been associated with the game for over 30 years in some capacity and have known my share of superstar players and coaches over the years. Oh and I LIVE IN THE PRESENT...NOT THE PAST...LOL I know the game today is nothing like it was 45 years ago...the players back then were so much more athletic and talented....LOL

(10)Hey...Floor-General22, you are another good example of the local critics I never took seriously in my coaching career. Since you go by ...Floor-General, you must have been the starting point guard for your team and led them to victory...in the Final Four? What a guy!! It must have been your brains that enabled you to be such a great player. I am in awe. Please share with us your illustrious playing and coaching background so we can better appreciate your credentials. If you're not able to do this, put some money in the pay phone and call someone who gives a @*#+^*.

There you go again....coachMOFO suffers Narcissistic personality disorder, a condition characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, need for admiration, extreme self-involvement, and lack of empathy for others. Individuals with this disorder are usually arrogantly self-assured and confident. They expect to be noticed as superior. Many highly successful individuals might be considered narcissistic. However, this disorder is only diagnosed when these behaviors become persistent and very disabling or distressing. Vulnerability in self-esteem makes individuals with this disorder very sensitive to criticism or defeat. Although they may not show it outwardly, criticism may haunt these individuals these individuals and may leave them feeling humiliated, degraded, hollow, and empty. They may react with disdain, rage, or defiant counterattack. Their social life is often impaired due to problems derived from entitlement, the need for admiration Individuals with this disorder have special difficulties adjusting to growing old and losing their former ?superiority?

WOW, COACHMOFO REALLY AND TRULY IS A NARCISSIST

(11) FG22, if you are out of work, I'll be glad to write a reference letter for you if you send me money. From your posting, I would discourage you from pursuing a counseling career. If you choose to respond to me, I would appreciate you're addressing me as "the great Coach Mo". My wife loves to hear that.

CAN ANYBODY SAY THE WORD NARCISSIST

(12) I bet you took the name Yankees because you like to associate yourself with a winner. Don't we just tingle all over and experience a renewed sense of self-importance when our team wins. You made many suggestions to me, so I would like to reciprocate. The next time the Yankees win, go to work and tell everybody "Who's Your Daddy Now?" and that will put those non-believers in their place.

Only one thing makes me tingle and it sure ain't watching a sports team win. What up with the Who's your Daddy stuff? Is something wrong with coachMOFO.

(13) Yankees, I pretty much expected the post I got from you. You took exception with the way I handled the critics in my life and that is your right because this is a public post. It was also my right to handle things the way I saw fit. You are not the first person who I have heard talk the way you do, and that is one reason I don’t take you seriously.

Uh guess what coachMOFO the NARCISSIST... I really don't care...Guees what? COACHMOFO is a trash talker to. Just look at the record. Talk about to faced.....understandable... most NARCISSIST are.

(14) I have been in many locker rooms and served in the Navy for four years, so I understand your orientation. I just hope that you don’t tell your 8 year old YMCA team that you are such a bad *#!+* They are a little young for that...don’t you think?

CoachMOFO, chill out. It was a joke. But I have never told them I was a bad ###. That's not how I operate.

(15) The best I could achieve was to make “national player of the year” coming out of high school and be able to choose any D-I university to play for.

We get the point. You played D1 in the below the rim era. Enough already. Oops...sorry I forgot that you are a NARCISSIST. CoachMOFO am must be about to fall off from patting himself on the back.

(16) Branch McCracken recruited me very hard, and I liked him very much. He won a National Championship at Indiana University. IU was my second choice of where I wanted to play, but I decided to go to UNC and I got to play against IU in 1965. At the time IU was rated #1 in the country. Tom and Dick Van Arsdale and Jon McGlothlin played for them and all later played in the NBA. I was able to go 12 for 16 against them and enjoyed being high scorer in that game. That was my sophomore year.

ARE YOU SERIOUS..BRANCH MCCRAKEN...WOW YOU DID SAY 1965 RIGHT 45 YEARS AGO...THE GOLDEN ERA OF COLLEGE HOOPS.

(17) I did have the opportunity to play for Larry Brown, Dean Smith and Hugh Durham. I am very good friends with Roy Williams. At UNC’s 100th basketball anniversary celebration this year MJ, James Worthy, Vince Carter, Lennie Rosenbluth, Billy Cunningham, Phil Ford, Tyler Hansbrough, Kenny Smith, etc., etc., etc. were in attendance. I was a teammate with Billy Cunningham and later with Dave Cowens. The Smith Center was packed, but can you imagine what it would have been like if you had been in attendance...”the self-proclaimed “best of the best”. I’m sure Michael Jordan would have been humbled by you. Coach Williams told everyone he is scheduling another reunion five years from now. Give him a call and let him know you are “the best of the best” and maybe he’ll invite you, too.

WOW, I'M TOTALLY IN AWE NOW...WONDER IF ROY WILLIAMS, MJ, BILLY G, ROSENBLUTH, HANSBROUGH, FORD AND THE REST CAN BE FOUND ON INTERNET MESSAGE BOARDS TALKING TRASH AND PATTING THEMSELVES ON THE BACK.......MY GUESS IS PROBABLY NOT. I'M NOT GOOD FRIENDS WITH ROY WILLIAMS BUT I DID STAY AT A HOLIDAY IN LAST NIGHT.

(18) I did get to visit with Leslie McDonald again. I first met him at the Arby’s Classic in Bristol. As you might know, he is from Memphis. He is off to a very good start playing basketball at UNC. He is a well spoken and a tremendous person. He doesn’t talk at all the way you do. I’m glad you didn’t coach him as an 8 year old.

How do you know I didn't coach Leslie as an 8 year old... BTW, Leslie had a less that stellar freshman season unless you consider 3.4 PPG, 1.5 RBPG, 0.6 APG, 30% FG, 65% FT, and 21%3PFG a very good start. Leslie had a bad season and on;y played 9 minutes and had 1 point in the NIT FINALS AGAINST DAYTON. Leslie has a chance to be a contributor but the reality is he lacks a killer instinct and is about to get lost in the shuffle with the class NC Tarheels has coming in not to mention the future classes King Roy brings in.

NOW A FINAL POINT COACHMOFO......I noticed you mentioned your stint in the Navy. Well I have a son in the Navy that is going to Nuclear Power School in Saritoga springs New York and I have another son that is about to get promoted to Staff SGT in the Marine Corps. I guess I didn't do to bad.

While I can honestly say I truly admire your great resume I would simply say I'm not sure I have ever seen anybody as full of themselves as you are. For somebody with such a great resume to be on the internet talking trash and constantly patting himself n the back is really odd. Most people with a resume like that are Humble and don't have an overinflated sense of self worth. Again I admire the resume but I am not in awe. I can say I'm in awe of my two sons but not in awe of a former basketball all american from 45 years ago...this is 2010 not 1965...the game has changed. I'm almost certain you can't grasp that concept. Wonder how far COACHMOFO would have taken the Melrose or White Station teams this year" I doubt very far because I fell certain COACHMOFO would not be able to relate with the players on those teams...probably because they are not well spoken like Leslie McDonald....The comment about McDonald being well spoken was a dead giveaway just so you know.

CoachMofo the NARCISSIST have a good night and don't forget to take your Meds

One more time

Narcissistic personality disorder, a condition characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, need for admiration, extreme self-involvement, and lack of empathy for others. Individuals with this disorder are usually arrogantly self-assured and confident. They expect to be noticed as superior. Many highly successful individuals might be considered narcissistic. However, this disorder is only diagnosed when these behaviors become persistent and very disabling or distressing. Vulnerability in self-esteem makes individuals with this disorder very sensitive to criticism or defeat. Although they may not show it outwardly, criticism may haunt these individuals these individuals and may leave them feeling humiliated, degraded, hollow, and empty. They may react with disdain, rage, or defiant counterattack. Their social life is often impaired due to problems derived from entitlement, the need for admiration Individuals with this disorder have special difficulties adjusting to growing old and losing their former ?superiority?

Does this sound like anybody? Sounds like coachMOFO to me. Sorry I had to expose you.

We can still talk trash if you want CoachMOFO. But I must warn you it gets really hot in the kitchen when I talk trash. You might need to take your Lithium first.

Whitt,

I didnt intend for this to be a battle of insults. My purpose was to get the answer to one question. I admire the fact you have alot of your former players back for events and such. I never questioned your bond with your former players. However just cause some young men 15 to 20 years old think that you're cool doesn't prove much.

"My players are taught to compete and to play physical within the rules. I teach them not to give up their lunch money but to give everything they have. Not to play dirty." What you're saying is that you didn't teach them to play dirty, they just did it on their own. If this is so, and you dont stand for that type of play, why did it happen over and over? Why didnt you put a stop to it? It was a well known fact among players, coaches, fans, and the officials, that the tactics your teams employed were capable of causing serious harm to an opposing player. Thats my issue with all of this. I dont have a problem with physical play. The game of basketball is very physical. But there is a difference between playing hard, tough, and physical versus dirty and wreckless. Why would you think stats mean anything to me? What would give you that idea? I didnt realize I had even mentioned numbers.

As far as my identity goes, why does it matter? And I did speak to you in the store that night. We had a small discussion, however I dont think it was the time nor the place to go into that. I could imagine what that would look like in the middle of a gas station.

DobynsBennett-Volunteer-January11-18.JPG

Nice Picture! Dustmop_22 :roflol: Really? You pick one incident out of like 8 years? Geez, I was at that game, and it's not like Coach Whitt was yelling "kill him." It happened and the player felt bad for it too, he was ejected from the game and was suspended for the next two games. Now, this player is now a sophomore in college, and it is pretty disgusting of you to bring HIS picture into this vendetta that you have against Coach W.

Furthermore, I would like to take this opportunity to tell everyone what an amazing coach that Coach Whitt is not only to his players, but to me as a female player. Since my sophomore year of high school, he has been a supporter, encourager, and coach. Yes, I said coach. On the side, he has helped and worked with me anytime I asked or even when HE asked. He always puts his players first and will work with anyone in basketball that shows the heart and desire that wants to learn. Coach Whitt was always with his team whether it be fundraisers to going to church with them. He was always there to support, and I admire him for that.

Coach Whitt, I will never be able to repay you for all you have done for me over the last four years and especially this last one. I know wherever you go that the team that is waiting for you will get the hardest and MOST DEVOTED coach around. :thumb:

Anyone hear any word on who the new hire might be? My sources have all gone cold, and it appears this thread has taken a turn away from the original discussion. That being said, I would just say, from the perspective of a longtime fan of the program.

I hope Coach Whitt finds a position he will be happy in. I know many around this area will be happy to see him go, while lots of others wish he could stay. I can say only this, he has always seemed to me to be a fair coach who loved what he did, and most all of his players seemed to love to play for him and for that he has my respect. Coach Whitt, I hope you find a position soon that will satisfy you and keep you on the floor, because regardless of what some of these folks say on here, you are a fine coach. Good luck and best wishes.

As for the program, I would like to see the position filled with someone who will bring the same intensity we have seen over the past 11 seasons. Above all though, I hope the administration will seek and find a good person who coaches because he loves it, just like Coach Whitt (and Coach Mo for that matter).

Whitt,

I didnt intend for this to be a battle of insults. My purpose was to get the answer to one question. I admire the fact you have alot of your former players back for events and such. I never questioned your bond with your former players. However just cause some young men 15 to 20 years old think that you're cool doesn't prove much.

"My players are taught to compete and to play physical within the rules. I teach them not to give up their lunch money but to give everything they have. Not to play dirty." What you're saying is that you didn't teach them to play dirty, they just did it on their own. If this is so, and you dont stand for that type of play, why did it happen over and over? Why didnt you put a stop to it? It was a well known fact among players, coaches, fans, and the officials, that the tactics your teams employed were capable of causing serious harm to an opposing player. Thats my issue with all of this. I dont have a problem with physical play. The game of basketball is very physical. But there is a difference between playing hard, tough, and physical versus dirty and wreckless. Why would you think stats mean anything to me? What would give you that idea? I didnt realize I had even mentioned numbers.

As far as my identity goes, why does it matter? And I did speak to you in the store that night. We had a small discussion, however I dont think it was the time nor the place to go into that. I could imagine what that would look like in the middle of a gas station.

DobynsBennett-Volunteer-January11-18.JPG

Oh Floor mop, how you never seem to surprise me with your comments toward coach Whitt. I believe i recall some of the same comments a few years ago when I played for coach. Just a little background information on myself so you are aware of my stand point. I was a four year football player at Volunteer, but only played basketball my Sr. year. Yeah, I said it one year and that was the most fun I have ever had in a season. I didn't play all four years because I didn't make the middle school team and that carried over to thinking I wasn't good enough to play though high school. I was told numerous time by my best friends on the basketball team, "Ed your 6'1- 6'2 and strong as an ox come on play"... I insisted to them I would never be good enough to play basketball. I was later asked by coach Whitt why I hadn't played basketball in high school. I told him the situation, he asked me a couple question. The questions he asked, "Ed are you a hard worker" and "do you like the game of basketball." I seem to consider myself a hard worker and loved to play ball so I answered yes. Coach responded to my answers with, then you can play for me come open gym on Monday give it a shot. So I did and from the second I walked into the locker room coach Whitt acted like I had been there for three years prior. I don't view coach Whitt as cool, I view him as another father figure and he stressed the same things my father always told me, "son you have to work for everything!"

As a former player for coach Whitt I can assure you that I was NEVER told to go out and take out other players. Did he tell us that just because we were from Volunteer we weren't "suppose" to get beat by SH,DB,and TH? YES, he most certainly did. Coach Whitt wanted to win not for him but for the team and at the end of the day if you didn't win well guess what we were going to win the next one! The picture you posted that is ridiculous, because what you are saying is coach Whitt told Javian Shivers to go tackle the kid. :thumb: You are a joker, that's about as nice as it gets from me. I have a question for you. How many high school basketball coaches, that you know, only know the player for one year (Me) and would be invited by that coach(Whitt) to watch a playoff game at his house, even better come to watch that player play college football, and keep in contact with that player on a normal basis? Might I add I'm finishing my Jr. year in college, its not like a one year removed from high school thing. I would like to know where you are getting your information on coach Whitt? Have you ever stepped foot into a practice of his? If you haven't I'm sorry you missed out! His players love to go to practice they loved to joke around and still learn what was need to be learned about the next game. How many players of coach Whitt's players do you know that hate him? If you know any, do they hate him because he pushed them to be the best they can be? If that's their thought then I hope they weren't on the team I played on! Coach Whitt brought up a name on here that I have heard NUMEROUS times say I wish Whitt would have been here when I played. That man is Travis Morelock, former player at Volunteer and also one of coaches assistance past two years. He didn't say that because he didn't like his head coach he says that because he loves coach Whitt and what he instills in his players.

So Floor Mop, give it up man this tread was not originally started for a coach Whitt bashing party. It was started for the sake of whats next at Volunteer. That is the same question that is asked throughout the whole community. Finally, if you want to see contact and over physical play in sports come to Emory,VA on a Saturday next fall. Make sure we have a home football game I would hate to see you travel for nothing. I'll be sure to show you what over physical is! I'm sure you could ride with coach Whitt if you must. Actually no you could not I wouldn't let my parents have to deal with someone as ridiculous as you for the hour road trip. Yes, coach Whitt rides down with my parents and also interacts with them on a normal basis too! :o

Coach, you can bet I'll be there in July! As will close to probably 40 other players sharing stories about how they had their best times in high school playing for you! It never fails a new story comes up every single time! One last time for you to get a good laugh.... JAVIAN!!! :ph34r: Great way to start off practices! Love you coach thanks for everything!

I had to wait and see what all the hoopla was before I made a comment, because a wise man once told me to not speak unless I knew what I was talking about. I don't know yankee and from his anxious posts criticizing someone who definitely isn't the real Coach Ian Morrison I actually played for in the 8th grade at John Sevier Middle School, could help him ease his anxiety a bit. The resume of Coach Morrison is quite impressive but the screen name you are barking at yankee ain't it. It may be a mythical name that someone uses to garner attention and it got you flustered. Coach Morrison helped mold this "fine young man" you see replying to this useless thread. You talk about dedication to the game.....we couldn't start practice until HE made 100 straight free-throws, and let me say that we never had to stay late. Anway.....this thread mostly was about Coach Whittemore and some having views of hatred still. Some will ALWAYS think what they want to believe about his coaching style and said "intentional" ruff-play. I had the pleasure to room and play on the same team at King College, had coached 13 years AAU before I started coaching with Todd at Volunteer for five years. Todd has always had love and passion for the game, more than a lot of coaches around here. It's true that he is a coach 1st but he loves kids and would give ANY kid the shirt off his back. I witnessed Todd take in several young men...feeding and clothing them.... One of the managers for our team didn't have the fortune of a family with good finances, so Todd took him under his wing for four years and it was this young man's dream to play in a game. Todd made that dream come true his Senior year and he actually scored 4 points that night. His passion and drive can look like intimidation and cockiness to some, but you don't know Whitt as well as the one's closest to him. He will also tell you that we did not see eye-to-eye on a lot of things and philosophies of coaching (he's a post and I'm a point guard) :thumb: but one thing this man isn't is a dirty coach. The people who know me and who coached me like Ian Morrison and Buck VanHuss, will tell you that I will not defend or stay in a program that teaches dirty play. My exit from coaching was due to my job situation, being promoted to an I.T. Specialist and traveling a lot doesn't give the time needed to help coach young men. :ph34r: I'm not hear to toot anyone's horn, but I do know the game and how chemistry, flow, leadership, and most of all....fundamentals are key elements to building a championship caliber program. Whitt got the best out of his players, even when they didn't possess athletic skills needed to be competitive. I wish my friend only the best of what GOD has in store for him in the next chapter of his life. To all others that believe otherwise......believe what you will, but move on and support whoever the next coach will be at Volunteer...... If you can't do that, then find a program you can support and stop hating, it only rots you from the inside/out. GOD Bless!!!!! :o

I would say you are right. However, I find it hard to imagine Whittemore staying just to teach. I know he has had offers in the past to leave, so I wouldn't think he would have a hard time finding a new coaching position, plus I think most would agree he was a coach first, then a teacher. I just don't see him hanging around just to teach.

As an educator (who is not a coach) I don't have a problem with it because I see kids in my class everyday that need adult figures they can look up to for inspiration. Now in a perfect world I like to think that I provide that for my students, but the fact is a lot of my students will not see me that way. If a coach like Whitt can be that person by showing kids (and Whitt does this) how much they truly love what they do, then by all means let him be a coach first.

What I am saying is this, there are a lot of kids that will not connect with a classroom teacher like they will with a coach they have. Education takes place outside the classroom, and education is more than 50% inspiration. If coaches like Whitt can inspire their players, and other kids by doing what they love to do then good for them.

Secondly, I agree with Stokomo that this thread has unfortunately turned into a Whitt bash. I think we all need to get back to the topic at hand, which is, what is next for Volunteer? What kind of coach will be asked to fill the position? Who might that person be? Who is qallified and a good fit for the opening?