AA State Tourney

mcfan10

U are exactly rite bout libertys 2007 squad they were ABSOLUTELY SICK NASTY(lol) with Mr Basketball Jewuan Long His twin brother Antwan, Lil 5'3 Anthony Sampson, North florida signee Devon Jones, and Mtsu signee and state tourney MVP josh Sain. they were loaded and the best team maybe ever in AA history! heck they shld have beat Oak Hill at Oak Hill that year! This years Liberty is going to be a tough out i know that much i think them or bolivar can beat fulton. I think bolivar is Gonna win State tho but im kinda pullin for liberty because TJ(who was the only freshman wit playing time on the 2007 squad) is a good buddy of mine and ive watched him develop from the 8th grade! even havin graduated from JCM i hate for liberty to win at the same time!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did forget about bolivar winning back to back as well

i am wrong they had a stout team with chism and kemp

2007 Liberty Tech had the best "team"...their starting five made the all tournament team.....thats the only time that's been done in state tournament history. I expect Liberty to win it all this year....Book it!

liberty tech was incredible that year after watching them embarress my falcons in 07 they deserve there props for that year but i dont see liberty ever reproducing that kind of team again

or anyone having that kind of team ever again

How can Fulton not be considered the top team of the decade? They have 6 state tournament appearances and are defending back-to-back state champions. They played that Liberty team in the 1st round in 07 and played them tight for a half. The reason Fulton is the team of the decade because its what you have done recently. They have the best player in the state in AA and have 2 state titles in 2 years.

GO FALCONS!!! GET THE 3-PEAT!!!

well u have a point volmania.. fulton has won the past two titles and hands down have the best ball player in AA ball this season in Jalen Steele but i still think Bolivar is the team of the decade in my opinion with fulton right up there . But i jus think bolivars best teams were better than fultons this past decade.

just for the record Liberty probably would be the team of the decade had they not opened in 2004 and/or moved up to AAA for a year. and hands down their 2007 squad alone wld PROBABLY beat the best squads bolivar or fulton could assemble over the decade

well u have a point volmania.. fulton has won the past two titles and hands down have the best ball player in AA ball this season in Jalen Steele but i still think Bolivar is the team of the decade in my opinion with fulton right up there . But i jus think bolivars best teams were better than fultons this past decade.

just for the record Liberty probably would be the team of the decade had they not opened in 2004 and/or moved up to AAA for a year. and hands down their 2007 squad alone wld PROBABLY beat the best squads bolivar or fulton could assemble over the decade

if they had not moved to AAA I believe they would have had a 3peat.....But we will never know. Jalen Steele is a stud, but I dont think he is the best player in the state..... I like Tarius Johnson (TJ) he doesn't get the credit he deserves......The main reason is because he didn't play his true position until this year. Liberty Tech 2010 AA State Champs book it!

if they had not moved to AAA I believe they would have had a 3peat.....But we will never know. Jalen Steele is a stud, but I dont think he is the best player in the state..... I like Tarius Johnson (TJ) he doesn't get the credit he deserves......The main reason is because he didn't play his true position until this year. Liberty Tech 2010 AA State Champs book it!

The best player in the state is proven in Jalen Steele and he is the best player hands down but I dont see Liberty getting through Fulton this year ...

Fulton is at the top of their game and clicking on all cylinders ...

3-Peat BABY!!!!!

Might I ask how Steele isn't the best player in the state? On a team that has 3 D1 recruits, Steele had 46 points on a Carter team that is headed to the state tourney. He has averaged over 24 ppg this year and has stepped up his defense and ball-handling. Jalen is a game changer. Ask Bolivar.

just for the record Liberty probably would be the team of the decade had they not opened in 2004 and/or moved up to AAA for a year. and hands down their 2007 squad alone wld PROBABLY beat the best squads bolivar or fulton could assemble over the decade[/quot I cant completely agree with you there the 06 Liberty team only beat Bolivar once although those were 4 of the best games I have seen at the high school level. That was the 07 team plus Brandon Evans and Bijou Jones i am not sure of his last name. 07 Liberty and 05 Bolivar were probably the best two AA teams of the last decade. As far as all decade teams Bolivars would be G Willie Kemp G James McNeal G Jay Murphy G Jay Selmer G Ricky Tisdale W JR Williamson W Chris Reaves W Ryan Wiley F Wayne Chism F Brian Lake F Nick Beauregard F Olajuwon Kemp F Jeremy Rhodes