AA State Tourney

mcfan10

I am a huge Fulton fan, but the one team that has been left out of all the talk are the Carter Hornets. A team that has came on strong late in the year, were runner's up in the district and region tournament in 2 close games to the Falcons and went on the road to Sullivan East and beat them in OT. Dont count out Carter this year or next.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who will win the AA state crown, but I will say that it's an 8 team race and not 3. Every team that's there, deserves to be there. Regardless what me or any other fan thinks or has to say. Fans get on here and talk so much about their teams and don't know very much or anything at all about the other teams. I'm a Marshall County fan and will not talk stuff because regardless how much I talk, I'm not the one that'll be lacing up my shoes come next week. When it's all said and done, everybody that has their team winning, will be the same ones on here talking about how somebody had an off game, the court was too slippery, the refs made bad calls,etc. Every team that's in it, has a chance to win it. Good luck to everyone, especially Marshall County. Go Tigers!!!! :thumb:

First of all I don't make excuses for winning, so I will not make excuses for losing....Having said all that....I also don't take these post "PERSONAL" because they are based solely on opinion.....Now let's look at the facts....Middle and East TN football is stronger, period. Middle TN girls basketball is stronger, period. West TN mens basketball is stronger period. There are projections in all sports, that's part of the game. The last six AA state champions have come from two districts resulting in three champions, Bolivar, Liberty and Fulton. The biggest difference that I see, is scheduling and competition...by the time Liberty and Bolivar make it to the Boro, they have been battled tested....Liberty had a brutal schedule this year and they always play up, does that guarntee a win, absolutely not. I do not and will not demean any kid on these post, I strictly talk about teams, unless there is an outstanding player, Despite what has been said. I stand by what I say and life is bigger than CoachT. At the end of the day I am a basketball fan and I know the game very well.......My daughter graduated from Liberty in 2009 and I have always been a Liberty fan. At the end of the day we all want our paticular team to win.. I like Whitestation, Liberty, Melrose and Humboldt, and I believe three of the four will be champions. I will not take these post "PERSONAL" because that will allow someone else to make my day and that will never happen. If my teams lose, oh well! I will continue to live.

haha preach nebuntyn!!! this is good conversation and conversation rules the nation! I hope all the teams play well!! so marshall cnty fulton carter tyner howard mapewood fans dnt be mad! Im jus a west tn boy and the number dnt lie we usually walk of with most if not all the titles! SO good luck to yall teams but lets GO humboldt bolivar liberty white station and melrose!

Tyner won't go far unless they can take their gym with them. Hotest gym I have ever been in. Them York boys weren't used to playing in that much heat. They were drained after the first period. Besides Stone beat them twice and they never made it past the region.

Tyner got beat by stone?

Both times. Stone's region, with AE, Carter, and especially Fulton just seemed to have a different caliber of competition this year. I don't doubt that Stone could have made it to the final eight from any other region in the state.

Having said that, there are 8 very good teams in the tourney. AA is very strong this year.

I don't know who will win the AA state crown, but I will say that it's an 8 team race and not 3. Every team that's there, deserves to be there. Regardless what me or any other fan thinks or has to say. Fans get on here and talk so much about their teams and don't know very much or anything at all about the other teams. I'm a Marshall County fan and will not talk stuff because regardless how much I talk, I'm not the one that'll be lacing up my shoes come next week. When it's all said and done, everybody that has their team winning, will be the same ones on here talking about how somebody had an off game, the court was too slippery, the refs made bad calls,etc. Every team that's in it, has a chance to win it. Good luck to everyone, especially Marshall County. Go Tigers!!!! ;)

First of all I don't make excuses for winning, so I will not make excuses for losing....Having said all that....I also don't take these post "PERSONAL" because they are based solely on opinion.....Now let's look at the facts....Middle and East TN football is stronger, period. Middle TN girls basketball is stronger, period. West TN mens basketball is stronger period. There are projections in all sports, that's part of the game. The last six AA state champions have come from two districts resulting in three champions, Bolivar, Liberty and Fulton. The biggest difference that I see, is scheduling and competition...by the time Liberty and Bolivar make it to the Boro, they have been battled tested....Liberty had a brutal schedule this year and they always play up, does that guarntee a win, absolutely not. I do not and will not demean any kid on these post, I strictly talk about teams, unless there is an outstanding player, Despite what has been said. I stand by what I say and life is bigger than CoachT. At the end of the day I am a basketball fan and I know the game very well.......My daughter graduated from Liberty in 2009 and I have always been a Liberty fan. At the end of the day we all want our paticular team to win.. I like Whitestation, Liberty, Melrose and Humboldt, and I believe three of the four will be champions. I will not take these post "PERSONAL" because that will allow someone else to make my day and that will never happen. If my teams lose, oh well! I will continue to live.

GOOD POST. :thumb: .....you mean to tell me some people take all this seriously????...:D Great big ole world out there off the message boards..:o

I don't know who will win the AA state crown, but I will say that it's an 8 team race and not 3. Every team that's there, deserves to be there. Regardless what me or any other fan thinks or has to say. Fans get on here and talk so much about their teams and don't know very much or anything at all about the other teams. I'm a Marshall County fan and will not talk stuff because regardless how much I talk, I'm not the one that'll be lacing up my shoes come next week. When it's all said and done, everybody that has their team winning, will be the same ones on here talking about how somebody had an off game, the court was too slippery, the refs made bad calls,etc. Every team that's in it, has a chance to win it. Good luck to everyone, especially Marshall County. Go Tigers!!!! ;)

GOOD POST. :thumb: .....you mean to tell me some people take all this seriously????...:D Great big ole world out there off the message boards..:o

You know me adsmom86...I am just a guy that likes basketball. When you and me discuss these boards, we agree to disagree....I see you at the game and we talk about more bball and that's it. At the end of the day, you are a DC fan and I am a Liberty fan....If they don't win... we are behind West TN period.

The funny thing about this, I am not from TN. I think it's absolutely preposterus to take these boards personal.

What's funny about Howard playing Foulton?! That was a tough game against Livingston but they won...ask AE is Howard a pushover...ask Tyner..and if I were Tyner I probably would sit the Cooper kid because they are clicking at the right time...he may mess up the chemistry

AE wasnt good this year and Tyner got beat by Stone twice?! Do you honestly think u have an arguement here?! GO FALCONS!!

What's funny about Howard playing Foulton?! That was a tough game against Livingston but they won...ask AE is Howard a pushover...ask Tyner..and if I were Tyner I probably would sit the Cooper kid because they are clicking at the right time...he may mess up the chemistry

AE wasnt good this year and Tyner got beat by Stone twice?! Do you honestly think u have an arguement here?! GO FALCONS!!

...Always an argument until the final score...don't go comparing scores about who beat who...this is a different season...the Hustlin' Tigers and the Tyner "Rams" are ready...if Fulton is dwelling on the fact that we lost to Stone, and we have to play them, they will be in trouble...nobody is going to roll over at this point in the season and just give Fulton the Championship...GO RAMS!

I don't know who will win the AA state crown, but I will say that it's an 8 team race and not 3. Every team that's there, deserves to be there. Regardless what me or any other fan thinks or has to say. Fans get on here and talk so much about their teams and don't know very much or anything at all about the other teams. I'm a Marshall County fan and will not talk stuff because regardless how much I talk, I'm not the one that'll be lacing up my shoes come next week. When it's all said and done, everybody that has their team winning, will be the same ones on here talking about how somebody had an off game, the court was too slippery, the refs made bad calls,etc. Every team that's in it, has a chance to win it. Good luck to everyone, especially Marshall County. Go Tigers!!!! :hungry:

First of all I don't make excuses for winning, so I will not make excuses for losing....Having said all that....I also don't take these post "PERSONAL" because they are based solely on opinion.....Now let's look at the facts....Middle and East TN football is stronger, period. Middle TN girls basketball is stronger, period. West TN mens basketball is stronger period. There are projections in all sports, that's part of the game. The last six AA state champions have come from two districts resulting in three champions, Bolivar, Liberty and Fulton. The biggest difference that I see, is scheduling and competition...by the time Liberty and Bolivar make it to the Boro, they have been battled tested....Liberty had a brutal schedule this year and they always play up, does that guarntee a win, absolutely not. I do not and will not demean any kid on these post, I strictly talk about teams, unless there is an outstanding player, Despite what has been said. I stand by what I say and life is bigger than CoachT. At the end of the day I am a basketball fan and I know the game very well.......My daughter graduated from Liberty in 2009 and I have always been a Liberty fan. At the end of the day we all want our paticular team to win.. I like Whitestation, Liberty, Melrose and Humboldt, and I believe three of the four will be champions. I will not take these post "PERSONAL" because that will allow someone else to make my day and that will never happen. If my teams lose, oh well! I will continue to live. I think it's preposterus to take these post personal.

Take these post seriously? Lol I think it's hilarious. I have no reason to take these post personal. I'm a die hard Marshall Co. fan and have a nephew that plays for them. Unless something is said to him or about him it's all fun for me. Nebuntyn, u seem a little too serious about Liberty though. Your very confident about Liberty considering they did lose to Bolivar 3 times. Good luck to all, and I'll see everyone next week. Go Tigers!!!