Terrible Officiating/Integrity issues

nebuntyn

The officiating has been terrible this year, it was also terrible at last years state tournament. I saw the Mcneese guy from TSSAA at the tournament last year....I believe he is the supervisor over the officiating and I told him what I thought and He made excuses. I am tired of the same excuse, and the excuse is this......officiating is a tough job.....we all have tough jobs sometimes, but that's no excuse to be poor at it. There are consequences for doing a poor job in the real world e.g. you get fired. I understand there are mistakes, but the mistakes I have seen this year are inexcusable, e.g. travel without the ball, calling fouls on the wrong player, not paying attention 1n1 free throw situation. In my opinion there is only two ways this happens 1.) The official doesn't know the game 2.) The official is being biased or cheating and there is no room for either. Am I the only one seeing this? We want the players to have sportmanship and integrity, but we don't hold the officials to the same standards.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I wouldnt have a refs job. I was a baseball ump for 5 years and that was enough. The job is tough, but like all jobs if you cant get the job done right management will or should find someone that will. Our middle school basketball coach said that the refs had to fill out a form after each game and let tssaa and the school know what type of crowd we had. Not sure if that was true or just his way to keep us in line. I think the same should be done for the refs, by an unbiased person, but someone that knows something about todays game, and yes it has changed since some of these guys starting officiating. I have seen some young guys coming up that appear to be able to keep up with the game and get in good position for the call, but if you dont get past half court in middle school ball, I dont think you can hang with the big boys.

The TSSAA actually has no power to do anything after the game is played...If they did they would aggressively check things and rule accordingly. Doing just that would bring a screeching halt to alot of this BS.. By not doing so,,, trashes there supposed integrity and honesty....IMHO

Scout1, The TSSAA has ZERO authority in ANYTHING anymore! They make excuses and excuses and excuses, but what they don't do is fix the problems! If they had integrity or honesty for that matter they would look into stuff and do something about it. Like the Student Section chant goes... "TAKE HIS WHISTLE" some of these refs need that done! Refs have a hard job and I know this, but if you calling a foul on a kid that was on the bench at the time of the foul is UNACCEPTABLE and then the Coach argued that the kid wasn't even on the floor at the time and they don't change who the foul was on?? Come on now! Those refs should not be able to call another game in their entire lives in Tennessee!

***Refs referred to in this rant is Dyer County vs. White Station refs.***

***Ya'll are a disgrace to the black and white stripped uniforms.***

If refs were perfect, then teams wouldn't have an excuse when they lose. :thumb::blush:

WoW, a person from Ooltewah, TN cracking jokes about excuses when teams lose that's funny!!! :blush:

Hey lets get it right, I may be from Ooltewah, but not a fan. :thumb: I tend to find it amusing when Ooltewah loses in anything haha. Boyd Buc 4 life lol.

The officiating has been terrible this year, it was also terrible at last years state tournament. I saw the Mcneese guy from TSSAA at the tournament last year....I believe he is the supervisor over the officiating and I told him what I thought and He made excuses. I am tired of the same excuse, and the excuse is this......officiating is a tough job.....we all have tough jobs sometimes, but that's no excuse to be poor at it. There are consequences for doing a poor job in the real world e.g. you get fired. I understand there are mistakes, but the mistakes I have seen this year are inexcusable, e.g. travel without the ball, calling fouls on the wrong player, not paying attention 1n1 free throw situation. In my opinion there is only two ways this happens 1.) The official doesn't know the game 2.) The official is being biased or cheating and there is no room for either. Am I the only one seeing this? We want the players to have sportmanship and integrity, but we don't hold the officials to the same standards.
Now how dare you question the integrity of the refs????? Looooooool!!!! Just kidding..:blush:..they have sucked all year. I honestly do not know WHY I go into every season with hopes it will be different......I just set myself up for disappointment every time! Was good to see ya last night....sorry didn't buy you nachos....I am horrible!!!! Will go friend ya on FB later :thumb:

Now how dare you question the integrity of the refs????? Looooooool!!!! Just kidding..:thumb:..they have sucked all year. I honestly do not know WHY I go into every season with hopes it will be different......I just set myself up for disappointment every time! Was good to see ya last night....sorry didn't buy you nachos....I am horrible!!!! Will go friend ya on FB later :blush:

:blush: