Terrible Officiating/Integrity issues

nebuntyn

It doesn't matter what the fan thinks...The fans don't know the majority of the rules...I've watched basketball all my life and I don't know all the rules...The fans are going to think their team is getting hosed ALL the time....That's not important...The only thing that matters is if the game is getting called fairly and unbiased...The report from the coaches and the grade scale would indicate who was doing their job...I don't know what a ref makes, probably not much, but if they had incentive to make more, I would think they would try to get better...

I don't know if displaying the stars on the unis would be a good idea...Can you imagine the grief a one-star ref would get from a student section or other fans ???

BTW...One thing you hear all the time from fans in the stands..."OVER THE BACK REF !!!"...Find over the back in the rule book...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again the origin of this post is not because of a little foul here or there......I am talking about players allowed to play with more than 5 fouls....Last year Dyer County had fouled out two players on the BT Washington team yet they played to the end of the game ..the game was at BT Washington and there official Bookkeeper only showed them with 4 Dyer Counties Bookkeeper showed 5. official went with BTW ....The Tape was sent to TSSAA and it shows clearly both players fouled out ....TSSAA did nothing. This year Dyer County fouled out Joe Jackson with two minutes in the game ...Foul was called on Joe Jackson #1 but the offical signaled a #11 who was on the bench. The game is being played at Dyer County and our Bookeeper immediately calls on the official and he refuses to change the ruling..Joe Jackson continues playing putting up the 5 points that win the game Dyer county had a lead in the game with 28 seconds left...Joe Jackson scored the last 5 points in the game.......I like your senerio of rating referees but add a feature regonal games, sub state games, and state games should be officiated by nuetral referees not from either teams area with the highest ratings ....travel, meals and recreation for them and there family...Finally if TSSAA would strip a couple Championships this stuff would stop ...

Once in Murfreesboro, why not allow the refs to go to the monitor? In the Marshall Co.-Bolivar game, I thought that about .5 seconds could have been added to the clock at the end of regulation. The ball would have been under the Bolivar goal so Marshall Co. could have tried a lob to Johnson for the win. Instead all the refs can do is confer with each other. There might not have been any time that should have been put back, but it might could have been the difference in the game. Sure it might not be right to go all year without it then at the state tourney have replay, but I think it could help in any close situations at the end of games.

Once in Murfreesboro, why not allow the refs to go to the monitor? In the Marshall Co.-Bolivar game, I thought that about .5 seconds could have been added to the clock at the end of regulation. The ball would have been under the Bolivar goal so Marshall Co. could have tried a lob to Johnson for the win. Instead all the refs can do is confer with each other. There might not have been any time that should have been put back, but it might could have been the difference in the game. Sure it might not be right to go all year without it then at the state tourney have replay, but I think it could help in any close situations at the end of games.

There is no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to make the right call in the state tournament..If that means going to a TV monitor, then so be it.... :thumb:

...I would be happy if the refs are just consistent and call a foul when it's a foul...in the Tyner/Marshall Co. game it really could have been the difference in that game...I've seen them put players on the line with no time left on the clock...so the refs-detemining-the-game-argument is really 'moot'!!!

In both Marshall Co. games the refs seemed to let a lot of pushing and knocking people over happen, then they would call fouls where little contact was made. The Bolivar kid was halfway to the ground before Johnson made it to him on the first charge call. Then Johnson drives the lane and gets hammered with no call. If they're going to call a charge, then they need to call the hacks down low. If they let the hacks go, then they need to let the charges go to. Just my opinion. Refs have a tough job; with only 3 of them, they get blocked out on plays in the paint with a lot of congestion. So it's easier to see a call in the open court than down-low, and we, as fans, seem to call the majority of open court fouls ticky-tack.

It doesn't matter what the fan thinks...The fans don't know the majority BTW...One thing you hear all the time from fans in the stands..."OVER THE BACK REF !!!"...Find over the back in the rule book...

I am an official and am glad you said that!

I am not talking about ticky tac fouls.... Look at the original thread that I posted... I am an official as well.... And I wonder if some of these officials know the rules.... Tennessee has some of the worst officiating that I have ever seen.

Why not randomly select 10 people and give them all whistles. Set them courtside with a monitor and they watch the game in slow motion. They then at the end of the game erase points or add free throws and get all the calls right.

You folks need to get a life and realize that refs screw up. They dont want too but it happens... :thumb:

I still say a rating system would work. It's just a matter of someone wanting to make the broken system actually better. The current system has zero accoutability for a ref that absolutely blows it or one that has no clue what they are even talking about. A ref can toss a coach anytime they want and coaches have to sit out two games and pay a $250.00 fine on the first offense. What about the ref that can't even count to 5 or 3? Or a whole set of officials that call more fouls on a team that sets in a zone the whole game than a team that presses from the opening tap to the final horn. These are the areas of the game that need to be addressed. Can't address them without fixing the current system. I wish refs would spend more time trying to get calls right instead of asking kids to tuck their shirts in properly or making sure their wrist bands are worn correctly. It is a mockery. I also can't stand the ref who thinks that fans came to watch them more than the game.

Ok I've ranted long enough.