Clarksville Acd. vs Grace Bapt.-1A Championship

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great comeback....Way to make a game out of it...Grace Baptist...

Congrats to the Cougars of Clarksville Acd...You guys should be the favorites next year...You got two studs that need to be showcased...You need to play some big holiday tournaments... :thumb:

Yes they will and should be favored next year. CSAS should be right back there with them since they only lose 1 senior who didnt play much I wonder who else has a lot returning

Great comeback....Way to make a game out of it...Grace Baptist...

Congrats to the Cougars of Clarksville Acd...You guys should be the favorites next year...You got two studs that need to be showcased...You need to play some big holiday tournaments... :thumb:

Yes they will and should be favored next year. CSAS should be right back there with them since they only lose 1 senior who didnt play much I wonder who else has a lot returning

Humboldt is young....Darren Dunbar is the only senior that gets significant minutes that they lose....

From watching the game today the number 24 kid from grace is a little punk. He would not even shake hands with the CA starters before the game. He just stood there starin at them. Then he would jog up and down the court, and would complain if he didnt get the ball. Yes he had 33 but look how many times he shot. If he would have let his teammates shoot more than the outcome might have been different.

Brandon Herman is a great player and deserves all the recognition he gets. No need to bash the boy. The #20 boy is going to be a player by his Senior year. He may have only had 7 points today, but you can see potential in the boy if he works hard.

Malcolm and Martin are both great players. This team will be extremely dangerous next year and should be favored to win it all.

Now let me say I aint got no dog in this fight before I ever start. I don't knowif 24 is a little punk or not, but I do know he and most of his team got away with a bunch of pushoffs during the game. Even when the TV showed a replay in regular speed or slow motion, you could see them pushing off. Now Clarkesville Academy also got away with some things that could have been called a foul. It was on TV that 24 went to get a drink and then got in line to shake hands after some man sitting on the bench padded him on the back and said something to him. 24 and 12 and 10 from Grace were begging all night long. 5 from Clarkesville also begged the refs most of the game. 11 played good defense on 24 most of the time but looked like he was talking smack the reason he got the technicle.

Not sure the better team won but they were better on this day and thats all that matters. Congrats to Clarkesville Academy.

"You've gotta be kiddin me!" Championship Saturday and what a Single A game! It was an absolute CLASSIC! Two top 5 teams in the state going head-2-head. CA with a Mr. Basketball finalist and Grace with a finalist as well. CA with a huge lead throughout the 1st Half. Grace mounts a great comeback. "You've gotta be kiddin me!" Double over-time! "You've gotta be kiddin me!" A show case of basketball excellence and those 3 working the game? "You've gotta be kiddin me!" Team fouls were 23-11 Grace. "You've gotta be kiddin me!" Final free throws were CA - 25/34 and Grace - 12/16! "You've gotta be kiddin me!" Plus the TO not granted at the end of regulation (which would have been a technical foul bc there were none to grant, etc.) What a great game and congratulations to both teams. Not so much for those 3 and TSSAA which should stand for: They Should Surely Act Ashamed!

Here is a theory to consider: Grace Baptist really didn't have a chance. By halftime of the game every thing was shaping up to be a Clarksville Academy Day from their students singing the National Anthem, gaining a 15 point lead, and to their mascot performing for the "haltime show." It seemed that at the end of the game all the awards from the state championship, Mr. Basketball, and the cheerleading award would all go to Clarksville as well. The one thing not many counted on was Grace Baptist making a huge comeback playing with all the determination and drive to win the game. Certainly this could not happen and spoil the perfect Clarksville day, so the refs needed to determine the outcome with no calls or poor calls giving Clarksville a 35 to 16 difference in free throw shots which in the end determined the outcome of the game. The perfect day for Clarksville was saved and poor Grace Baptist and their fans were left to watch the celebration. :thumb:

Certainly this could not happen and spoil the perfect Clarksville day, so the refs needed to determine the outcome with no calls or poor calls giving Clarksville a 35 to 16 difference in free throw shots which in the end determined the outcome of the game. The perfect day for Clarksville was saved and poor Grace Baptist and their fans were left to watch the celebration. :thumb:

That's funny. Clarksville also outshot CSAS 35 to 17 from the foul line.

"You've gotta be kiddin me!" Championship Saturday and what a Single A game! It was an absolute CLASSIC! Two top 5 teams in the state going head-2-head. CA with a Mr. Basketball finalist and Grace with a finalist as well. CA with a huge lead throughout the 1st Half. Grace mounts a great comeback. "You've gotta be kiddin me!" Double over-time! "You've gotta be kiddin me!" A show case of basketball excellence and those 3 working the game? "You've gotta be kiddin me!" Team fouls were 23-11 Grace. "You've gotta be kiddin me!" Final free throws were CA - 25/34 and Grace - 12/16! "You've gotta be kiddin me!" Plus the TO not granted at the end of regulation (which would have been a technical foul bc there were none to grant, etc.) What a great game and congratulations to both teams. Not so much for those 3 and TSSAA which should stand for: They Should Surely Act Ashamed!

How about CA was just more aggressive and took the ball to the basket, while Grace ended up settling for more jumpers; thus, CA went to the line more.