Knoxville Panthers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garland originally committed to playing for the Panthers. In fact, he and Nathaniel Highes both approached us and wanted to leave the Travelers. They (thankfully) let Hughes go but constantly called Garland and convinced him to come back after they promised to fly him to the Nike league tournaments out west. He told us he would play in those 3 tournaments and see how it goes. We hope he comes back but are happy for him as long as he is happy. FYI he already played in one tournament this AAU season with the Knoxville Panthers.

Yeah I know. It must be heaven to play on a team that makes one pass and jacks it up.

They make one pass? Most of the games I have watched, one pass would be a record!

Awwwww yea man! It must really suck to play against great players and college coaches!

I really would NEVER want to join a team in the NIKE Elite Youth Basketball League.

Yeah I know. It must be heaven to play on a team that makes one pass and jacks it up.

They make one pass? Most of the games I have watched, one pass would be a record!

Awwwww yea man! It must really suck to play against great players and college coaches!

I really would NEVER want to join a team in the NIKE Elite Youth Basketball League.

It would be very fun if you were one of the 2 or 3 players on the team who actually get to touch the basketball. If I were not one of those guys, Yes it would kind of suck to pay all that money and then get fed chicken nuggets on the away trips. Are any of the college coaches you play against any good or do they just play for fun?

I LOVE THE NIKE LEAGUE AND ANY TRUE TRAVEL BASKETBALL FAN SHOULD. THE TRAVELERS AND THE Y HAVE GOT TO PERFORM IN THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE LEAGUE NEXT YEAR. I PERSONALLY BELIEVE IT'S GOOD FOR TENNESSEE TO HAVE TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiti ... id=5067394

It is good and it is very good for the East TN kids.

The Knoxville Panthers will field 1 team this year, 17u. They have not played yet but all indications are that they will be VERY strong. Roster includes Dustin Clarke (Avery, NC)- 2010 Western Highlands Conference Player of the year, Cory Billingsly (Sweetwater HS)- 2010 District MVP, Dylan Ward (Hampton HS)- 2009 District MVP, Nathaniel Hughes (Hampton HS)- 2010 District MVP, Logan Lyle (Unicoi County)- All-District, Skyler Brown (Seymour HS)- All-District and All-County, Chase Buckner (Union County HS)- All- District, Darius Gallaher (Harriman HS)- 2010 state tournament participant, Damien Edwards (Watauga HS, NC)- All-District, Jason Steele (Johnson County HS)- All-District and scoring/rebounding leader in upper eat Tennessee.

5 of these players topped 1000 points in their junior season.

They are in need of an experienced coach. We had 2 excellent coaches lined up but both have decided to return to school- one for his masters and the other entered medical school.

Any interested party please contact me at skyshae2001@yahoo.com or 865-387-1792 to discuss. Thanks!

logan lyle does not play on this team