Clinton Baseball

AnythingIsPossible

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Clinton is no different than a lot of other programs that I've observed recently that seem to be playing 'atheletes' ahead of 'baseball players' in some positions. Many coaches will give speed and strength a chance ahead of a sharp mind and accurate arm in hopes that the latter will come along eventually. Unfortunately, it's difficult to fight genetics and delayed puberty for some high school players, but persistance will pay off if the 'baseball players' hang in there and keep working. Just my 2 cents.

I always like to make this point when fans comment about playing time. I guarantee that the coach is not trying to lose. He is putting the players out there that he feels will give him the best chance to win. There's not one person that wants to win anymore than the coach. Until I sit and watch every practice, chart bullpens, be in the weight room during workouts, observe conditioning I will never pass judgment on another coach's decision on who to play.

ditto to the above post. The coaching staff at Clinton does a great job with average talent. I have seen the shortstop play first hand and he is an exceptional athelete. Coach Taylor will have his team playing well above their talent level by tournament time. Remember, its always easy to second guess but many of the people who complain are not willing to invest 20+ hours a week practicaly raising young men for a couple thousand bucks. Oh yeah, and thats on top of another full time job. Let the coaches coach.

First thing, Halls is that good. I got to watch them last week and they have been playing really good baseball. Second, Casey Taylor is one of the best coaches in East Tennessee in my opinion. When the Jeff County job comes open this summer I hope they go after him. His teams overachieve almost every year. Everyone I talked to said that Clinton would be bad this year and he goes out and finds some new guys and coaches them up and they start the year 8-2. I would be glad to have him down there if I were you guys.