Elizabethton Job

Tab

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing there are some candidates that are now making a case because they believed Dugger would be handed the job. It seems as if the AD and Principal are keeping this search close to the chest and not letting those names get out. Could be wrong, but that is what Ive heard in the last couple of days.

It looks like no one wants this job now. Ha I just find that funny. Guess time will tell.

I'm sure there is a quality coach out there that would like to have the EHS job. Obviously, Dugger was the top candidate with Smith likely being the top outside prospect. I'd say both Dugger and Smith were interested, but chose not to take the job because of what they felt were better options. Who could argue with Dugger deciding to stay with the girls? I think it was a win-win for him to be given the choice between the girls and boys. After Dugger decided not to apply, I believe the focus turned to Smith. It appears to have been a win-win for Ned as well as I believe he had a choice between taking the EHS boys' job or returning to his alma mater, Hampton. My guess is that his candidacy for the EHS job forced Hampton to make a move or risk losing whom I believe to be their next boys' head coach. I'm hearing Ned is going to Hampton as an assistant, but I can't imagine him making that move without some assurance that Daddy Dawg is going to ride into the sunset after next season and turn over the reins to him. Time will tell. Unfortunately, that leaves EHS to now make a different choice. I haven't even heard who the remaining candidates are. Whoever, the administration chooses, I really hope it's a quality coach with a proven track record as the boys deserve an opportunity for success and to reach their fullest potential. My 2 cents...

Wow, to me there are a couple of good candidates there. I would think John English would never leave Unicoi due to the success he has had there. Dont really know CHuck Babb. Tony Gordon might be a candidate, but he was just let go and that might be a tough sell. Michael Morrell?? Would he leave a college job to take Etown?

Chuck Babb,Michael Morrell,Tony Gordon,Todd Whittemore,Jr Campbell,John English if the rumors are true. Maybe even Doug Phillips son from Tennessee High. Whats everyone elses thought's

Don't see Chuck Babb getting the job. He was the JV coach under Street. Can't see Morrell leaving the college ranks unless he's recently unemployed with the Purnell job change. Gordon's name has been mentioned, but his recent departure from MW (I think) is problematic. Don't know him at all, but have heard Whittemore is an absolute nut job so again not likely. My guess is J.R. Campbell would be seen as a temporary solution, so that's also doubtful. Can't imagine English leaving Unicoi for Elizabethton. Phillips has no varsity head coaching experience so that's very unlikely.

Unfortunately, I don't have any better information than what's been offered. I have heard around town that there has been some applicants that wanted to remain anonymous because they were currently employed and feared repercussions if they failed to land the job. However, I don't know who these are...