Public vs. Private

tradertwo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: D2 Brackets Question?

Why not stop the crying about D1 or D2. Start a rally to put the two divisions back together (like it should be for individual sports) and let the Big Dogs Eat! If the two divisions were combined only the true animals would win state titles not some little lap dog.by cbg

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Forum: Wrestling Mat

Topic: D2 Brackets Question?

Replies: 61

Views: 1245

cbg, you remember your post last Feb. One other change, zone D2's.

Go back to 4 divisions:

Schools that grant financial aid would be required to play in AAA & AAAA

No private schools in Class A

AMEN cbg, No actual proof means it doesnt happen... right. OK I went to a private school on a scholarship my school was paid for so I could play basketball. So I for one knows it happens!

Go back to 4 divisions:

AMEN cbg, No actual proof means it doesnt happen... right. OK I went to a private school on a scholarship my school was paid for so I could play basketball. So I for one knows it happens!

IMO, you should have:

4 Divisions: Football, Basketball, Baseball & Softball (Top 2 teams in each district go to playoffs)

2 Divisons: Dual Match Wrestling, Soccer & Volleyball

1 Division: Wrestling, Track & Field, Cross Country, Golf, Bowling & Tennis (Why have more than one division for individual sports? This is where the true animals come out to play)

The TSSAA should also look @ both LAX & Swimming/Diving

All private schools must be in AA, AAA or AAAA

All schools that give financial aid must participate in AAA or AAAA

Go back to 4 divisions:

....looks like you stayed on the court more than you stayed in class - hope they got their money's worth.

And zoned. Won't change much to do it.

How do you zone a boarding school or for that matter any school. If you were to do that you would have to also zone the charter schools, open zoned public schools and magnet schools. It would be a nightmare to try and keep up with everything. The TSSAA has trouble doing their job now and if you zoned everything you could have 20+ divisions. By doing what I recomend it would be similar to how things were when the TSSAA was making money. With these difficult economic times it's very difficult to break even when you have 8 state championship games in football.

One alternative would be to place all of the private schools in D2. However, if this were to be done you should allow them to handle all of THEIR MONEY and run all of their state tournament games and events.

....looks like you stayed on the court more than you stayed in class - hope they got their money's worth.

Wow a post that has nothing to do with the Public vs. Private debate. Looks like just another pie hole that attacks a post without adding anything worth while.

Ok, how about this - if you attended a private school and it was paid for, then report it to the TSSAA so something can be done about it. If you knew it was wrong to accept the scholarship and you still accepted it, then that says something about your character. Signed: pie hole

And zoned. Won't change much to do it.

How do you zone a boarding school or for that matter any school. If you were to do that you would have to also zone the charter schools, open zoned public schools and magnet schools. It would be a nightmare to try and keep up with everything. The TSSAA has trouble doing their job now and if you zoned everything you could have 20+ divisions. By doing what I recomend it would be similar to how things were when the TSSAA was making money. With these difficult economic times it's very difficult to break even when you have 8 state championship games in football.

One alternative would be to place all of the private schools in D2. However, if this were to be done you should allow them to handle all of THEIR MONEY and run all of their state tournament games and events.

Agree with everything you said, but I would have two divisions in D2 - one division that allows financial aid to athletes and one that does not. I think we have gotten to the point of no return of publics/privates being in the same division. Publics will never be happy as long as privates are winning any titles in D1, and medium sized privates have been multiplied out of being able to compete with schools that are sometimes 3 times their size. Our private school went D2 last year and after a year of competing with same size/same type schools, I could not be happier with the decision to move.